Bible Studies/Love your enemies psalm.

Question
Dear Rev Philip

In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following questions.

1 In the 21st century, is it possible to achieve the above?.

2 Will the enemy think in the same line,as we think?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
DEAR PRASHANT,

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS VALUABLE INSIGHT.

GOD REALISING THAT OUR FRAIL AND HUMAN NATURES COULD NOT ACHEIVE THIS COMMAND FOUND A WAY BRINGING US A NEW NATURE.   THAT WE SHOULD BECOME "BORN OF GOD" THIS TIME. SO THAT WE , LIKE JESUS, WOULD NOT HATE THEPEOPLE BUT THE SPIRIT WORKING THROUGH THEM.

"to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God."

JOHN 1.

Ephesians 6:11   "we dont struggle against people but against various spirits of evil"

2 Cor 10:3-4  Our weapons are now divine weapons.

Our nature has now been changed to "love nature" 1 John 4:8

So that, just like Jesus, we can say, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".

I hope this helps your truth search.  

Bible Studies

Rev Philip Dacre