Bible Studies/Romans 7:24-25

Question
In these famous verses, "24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to Godís law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin." does Paul actually end up conquering the sin he is talking about or does he continue to be a slave to the law of sin in his flesh? Thank you

Answer
Paul recognizes the human struggle between what one knows is right and what one does wrong [sin]despite the knowing.
Paul announces his solution in chapter 8.  Liberated from sin, death, and the law, justified Christians are empowered to live a new life resulting from God's love manifested in the liberating acts of Jesus Christ.
I think that Paul indeed was able to follow Christ -- Paul made the final act of love in his being martyred for his adherence to Christ.
Hope these suggestions are helpful to you, Peter.  You are always welcome to write again.  Best wishes for the peace of the risen Christ in this Easter season.

Bible Studies

Edward Bode