Bible Studies/isaiah 55

Hello and thank you again for taking one of my questions. I would like to know about Isaiah 55 verses "7 Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD."  

When God says in verse 8 that his thoughts are not ours etc, is he referring to his capacity to forgive found in the verse just prior to it.

THank you

Hello Peter,

Yes, you are correct. That is one way to look at it. Isaiah is also talking about how a person thinks forms his behavior. When an evil person turns from his wicked ways and looks to God his thought processes can be transformed. The mere act of turning to God will bring pardon and mercy from God, which then leads to gratitude and then emulating the Father.

You are correct, God is the true and only master of forgiveness. We may be able to forgive certain people without His transforming power working in us, but we are unable to forgive as He forgives until we have His nature growing within us. The depth and breadth of God's forgiveness comes from how He thinks.

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he," Proverbs 23:7. Our behavior reveals our thoughts; God's behavior reveals His thoughts. His vast love for us is more than we can even begin to fathom.

Bible Studies

I can answer questions on issues about evolution and creationism. I can answer questions on how the Bible applies to every day life and the future of mankind. I have some understanding of spiritual warfare. I have a broad, basic knowledge of many topics and can answer general questions. If I don`t know the answer to your question, I`m not going to try and pretend that I do. But every answer a questioner receives from any person, expert here or anywhere else, must be weighed against what the Bible says and laid before God in prayer. Spiritual issues are too important to just accept what a person tells you without confirmation from the Bible and the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit who gives a person wisdom. He will give peace regarding how to handle any issue or teaching if it is correct.

I am a life long student of the Bible and have tested its teachings under fire and found them solid.

I have a Bachelor's degree in English and Art Education. I am a mother, and I think that is an educational qualification of itself.