Bible Studies/Who were the wives of Cain and Seth?

Question
Hello Sir,
I have recently taken up to reading the Bible and I find it interesting.

Who were the wives of Cain and Seth? Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth, and their children were Cain,Abel and Seth. Cain and Seth are believed to further propagate the Human Race. I wonder, where did they find their spouses from.

Please clear my doubt.
Thanks
Revan.

Answer
Through the first 11 chapters of Genesis we have several genealogies.  However, usually only one (or two) offspring is mentioned for each.  Obviously these people had other offspring, but the text mentions only the one(s) considered significant.  Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters.  In most traditional readings of these texts, Cain and Seth married their sisters.  
    Genesis has several cases of marriages which would be considered incest by later standards (e.g. Leviticus 18 & 20 or modern standards).  However, these standards were not instituted until much later, after humanity lived long on the accursed earth and their lifespans shortened considerably.
I hope this is helpful,
Jim Miller

Bible Studies

Jim Miller