Bible Studies/Deacon Reinstated

Question
Can a deacon be reinstated after he has resigned without a sitting pastor?  Special note: The church only has two deacons, and one is going through some troubling issues. Also the one that resigned was a great deacon that held multiple positions in the church and is in good standing.

Answer
Hi Delbert,

Thanks for this great question.  I am very sorry for my late response.  The Bible does not have specific rules for situations like this.  It is up to the local church and the by laws that they have adopted as members.  You should consult your constitution.  My advice is that if your consitiution allows for such a thing, or if it does not prevent it, you could use the wisdom of another man while you are between leaders.  I believe ultimately this is to be decided by congregational vote... agian depending upon how your by laws are set up.

“Let all things be done decently and in order.” (1 Corinthians 14:40, KJV 1900)

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Bible Studies

Pastor Don Carpenter