Bible Studies/question about a bible scripture

Hi Dennis:

I canít find a particular scripture verse and thought you might be able to point me in the right direction.   

As I recall, the verse says something like donít take revenge on someone that does you wrong because if you do so, God will not punish them as much as if you hadnít tried to punish them yourself.    The verse I am thinking of is kind of like an extension of the more famous verse, Revenge is mine sayeth the Lord.     

Thanks for your help!

The only lesson that comes to mind is the sermon Jesus taught.

Matthew 5:11-12 NLTse  "God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.  (12)  Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.

Not sure if that is it. But Jesus thought it was important enough of a lesson to repeat the theme in a few different ways.  

Bible Studies

Dennis Herman

I can answer questions on Biblical text concerning parables, of both the physical and acted nature. This also applies to prophesy comparing the physical with the spiritual.

I have been studying for 28 years.

I am a Seventh-day Adventist.

Review and Herald. Discipleship Journal.

There are no educational credentials in the field of Biblical word studies. It is a simple five step process. Pray for guidance. Identify a text that may have a physical and spiritual meaning. Identify the key words. Look the key words up in a concordance and read the text to obtain the spiritual meaning. Substitute the spiritual meaning into the original text.

I am not aware of anyone handing out awards for Bible studies but there are a number of religious leaders that have used my studiess.