Bible Studies/sanctuary service

Question
did any priest die in the holy of holies?
Where in the bible did God instruct that the priests be tied rope on their legs when entering the HH

Answer
Hello, Abraham

Thank you for two most unusual questions!  The simple answer to the first of them is "No!".  The answer to the second is that there is no such instruction anywhere in the Bible.  There is absolutely no record in the Old Testament Scriptures to suggest that either of these events took place.  Nor is there any such evidence in any of the ancient documents such as the works of Josephus, or the Mishnah.  There is, however, some evidence that there was a medieval legend to this effect - but it is no more than a legend, and has no basis in recorded history at all!

I trust that my answer, brief although it is, will have set your mind at rest.  These are the kinds of statements that, if it dealt in such theological areas, Snopes would class as totally false!

Blessings, and shalom.  

Bible Studies

Rev C.Brian Ross