Bible Studies/apostles

Did any of the apostles who wrote the books
of the bible actually know Jesus or actually
listen to any of the sermons?

Thanks for your help.

You ask a very good question.  The apostles whose names are on the gospels did not actually write them.  It could have been their disciples, but the actual writers of the gospels are pseudonyms.  Certainly, they heard Jesus preach and teach and such information was likely passed on. There are no original copies of the gospels.  This does not, however, effect their meanings.  Whoever the authors were, the meaning of the text stands on its own.

Bible Studies

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about the Bible and offer guidance in Bible study resources.

I have education in Bible from Oral Roberts University, as well as an MA from McCormick Theological Seminary. I have written several articles on Bible study topics. I am an ordained, nondenominational minister.

Articles in journals of the Foundation for Biblical Research, Personal Freedom Outreach, and Restoration Research

BA, Oral Roberts University, Behavioral Science (included courses in the Bible and theology) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary Further study, Garrett-Evangelical Theological School Further study, Moody Bible Institute, Christian education