Bible Studies/Bible reference

Question
QUESTION: Does Jesus say anywhere in the Bible that He came to die for the sins of man and that His blood will bring salvation to mankind?

If yes, where in the Bible does this appear?

Thanks for your help.

ANSWER: I am not aware of any quotes from Jesus in the gospels that match your request.
However, the NT contains passages that make clear that the bloody death of Jesus is   the source of salvation from sin and eternal death.
Here are some of the passages to which I refer you.
Luke 21:28, Mat 26:28; John 3:16, 19:28-37.
In the NT epistles, written by the first followers of Jesus and some of which date previous to the writing of the gospels as we have them today, give us the early witness to the teaching of Jesus:  Romans chapters 3 [espcially verses21-26], 5 and 8, 1Tm 2:6, Tt 2:14, Ph 2:8, Hbr 13:12,1 Jn 2:2
The bookd of Revelation, especially chaapters 5, 14, 21, 22, relies frequently on Jesus as the "Lamb of God," a sacrifice forehadowed in the OT [Is 53:11-12.
I hope that these references are helpful, Jennifer.  If you have further concerns or wish more from me, please feel free to write again.
Thanks for your question.

QUESTION: Thanks for your reply.

Does Jesus say anywhere that He is the Messiah?
Does He make any claims about anything, or are
all the claims made by others?

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Jesus says that He is the Christ to the woman in Samaria -- Jn 4:25f.
"Christ" is the Greek translation of the Hebrew Messiah [literally, Anointed One].  
In the OT, the anointed one[s] were originally kings and later prophets and priests.
In NT times, Messiah meant primarily a secular person who would deliver the Jews from their current subjection to Rome and reinstate a Jewish state.  Hence, the hesitancy of Jesus in publically recognizing being called the Messiah/Christ.
Other important places referencing Jesus as the Messiah appear in: Lk 2:11, 4:16ff,  24:26,46.
A summary of the belief: 1 Cor 15:12ff.

Thanks for your continuing and welcome interest, Jennifer.

Best wishes.  

Bible Studies

Edward Bode