Bible Studies/LUKE 12: 53

Question
Hi Ms. Burns

My questions is "WHY" did JESUS seperate Father from sons, daughters from mother and so on ?

I know in my life this is the fact and two of my children are no longer in my life unfortunely.
I believe in JESUS with on my heart, soul & mind. No matter what happens in my life its GOD's
will and I certianly accept it.

But again what is the reason JESUS seperates our children for us (or me)
GOD bless you Ms Burns.
Ray M.

Answer
Thank you Ray for your question.

As regards Luke 12:51-53, below, I too suffer the pain of this division in the family.  My heart goes out to you.

I can only think that this test of our faith is Godís will concerning us (1 Thess.5:18 below).  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Eph.2:10 below)

That we are not to be unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is (Eph.5:17 below).  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator. (1 Peter 4:19 below)

We face the fiery trial of our faith (1 Peter 4:12-13, 1 Peter 1:7 below).  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that we have suffered a while, makes you perfect, stablish, strengthens, settles you. (1 Peter 5:10 below)

We mourn; we will be comforted (Matt.5:4, Psalm 34:18-19, Psalm 126:5, Rom.9:1-2 below).  

The sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Rom.8:18 below)

Luke 12:51    Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Luke 12:52    For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luke 12:53    The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

1 Thess.5:18    In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Eph.2:10   For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Eph.5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

1 Peter 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

1 Peter 4:12    Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1 Peter 4:13    But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Matt.5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Psalm 126:5   They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Rom.9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom.9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

Rom.8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

google.com/+PatriciaBurns

Bible Studies

Patricia Burns