Bible Studies/Sin

Question
How seriously does God judge sin?

Answer
Hi, Garnetta,
Thank you for your Bible question, which I'm glad to answer below.

You wrote: How seriously does God judge sin?

My answer: We can know how serious Yahweh God takes and judges sin by what He did two thousand years ago. To rescue humanity from the plight of sin, Yahweh sacrificed His only begotten Son in the place of sinners. God "transferred" humanity's sins on Jesus, so Jesus became our substitution to bear God's wrath that would have otherwise fallen upon us (Isaiah 53). Due to his sacrifice, any sinner who sincerely repents and accepts Jesus the Christ as their Lord and Savior will be completely forgiven of their sins and enjoy eternal fellowship with God and His Son. To accept Jesus as the Lord of your life means that you must obey all his teachings which come from God.

Without the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, every person will perish forever because:
a) every single person is a sinner, without exception; all have fallen short of God's glory, not meeting God's perfect standard of righteousness (Romans 3:23);
b) the penalty of sin, even the tiniest sin, is death (Romans 6:23).

Since every person is a sinner and that every sin warrants eternal death, then every person deserves to be put to death forever. Anyone who willfully rejects Jesus as Lord and Savior will therefore be eternally condemned. They will be cast into the lake of fire, which refers to eternal destruction, as that's where death itself will be cast (Revelation 20:14-15). Read what will befall the wicked, those who refuse to repent, on Judgment Day in Isaiah 34 and in the book of Revelation. This is why we must spread the Gospel message regarding God's gift of salvation through Jesus Christ to as many people as we possibly can.

There is no vocabulary to describe God's hatred of sin. We can see how much He loathes it by looking at how He sacrificed His Son in the place of repentant sinners. By His justice, the sin has to be dealt with. But since He loves humanity so much, He let His only Son pay our death penalty so humanity will not perish. Thus, He satisfied both His justice and expressed mercy by one action.

I hope this fully answers your question. If you have any other question or would like me to clarify anything, please do ask and I'd be happy to do my best to answer your question.

Thank you again for your Bible question.

Shirley
www.Ultra-Ability.com Ministry - Study the Entire Bible in Depth for Free via E-mail

Bible Studies

Dr. Shirley Cheng