Bible Studies/Word of Faith

I have been watching and I thought learning, from Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen for several years. This week I was devastated to hear the may be teaching The Cross incorrectly, they only want money (I've rarely heard Joyce asf for money=, they are heretics, the Anti Christ, they know they're teachings are not biblical and now since I have heard this, I'm as bad as them if I stay with them. I really need an answer from someone that is not a disgruntled member of the "cult." Are all these accusations true? I eagerly await a reply. Thank you, Ann

Joel Osteen is in my opinion, outside of the realm of Christian teachings, and I would never recommend anything that he has written, nor would I ever donate to his ministry.

I have not read as much of Joyce Meyer's materials but what I have seen and what I have heard did cause me some concern.

Bible Studies

Tom Smith

I am able to answer a wide range of questions regarding orthodox Christian theology as well as those of many of the more common cults and religious movements (inside and outside of the church). This includes Protestantism, Charismatic movement, New Apostolic Reformation, Strategic Prayer/Spiritual Warfare, Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah Witnesses, Calvinism, Reformed Church, Baptist Church, Pentecostalism, and Oneness Pentecostalism. I have been a member of or have attended many of the above. I have studied the beliefs and literature of the remaining through a variety of means, including in most cases interacting with members and/or leaders in these organizations. I also maintain a significant library/resource of information on these movements and organizations.

I have been a lifelong student of the Bible. In addition, I have been saved through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, and believe in the truth of God's Holy word in the Bible as the inerrant and infallible word of God. I have been a believer for over 43 years. Other qualifications include:

- Former member of the counril of a local church
- Speaker at the "Last Days Bible Conference" and other functions.
- Researcher into religious movements and cults (maintain website with information on some of these movements and cults)
- Member of the Apologetics Coordination Team

I hold to the view that the Bible is inerrant and infallible, and I belief that the Bible is our sole authority on matters of faith and doctrine (Sola Scripture, Sola Fide).

Apologetics Coordination Team ( Network of Christian Apologists in Calgary (

Website, accessible by means of or; and Audio files of talks at Last Days Bible Conference available at

Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.)