Bible Studies/Mark 13;1-2

hello and thank you for taking my question.

In Mark 13:1-2 Jesus and his disciples are discussing the grandiosity of the temple and Jesus say his famous 'not one stone will be left upon another,' line. but we still have the wailing wall intact So how am I to understand this?

Thanks Pete

The western wall is in fact a wall which is holding up the side of what is essentially a retaining wall which establishes a level platform on the top of the mount. It is there not in fact the western wall of the temple itself but the western wall of the temple mount platform. As for the temple itself, not one stone was left upon another.

Tom Smith

Bible Studies

Tom Smith

I am able to answer a wide range of questions regarding orthodox Christian theology as well as those of many of the more common cults and religious movements (inside and outside of the church). This includes Protestantism, Charismatic movement, New Apostolic Reformation, Strategic Prayer/Spiritual Warfare, Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah Witnesses, Calvinism, Reformed Church, Baptist Church, Pentecostalism, and Oneness Pentecostalism. I have been a member of or have attended many of the above. I have studied the beliefs and literature of the remaining through a variety of means, including in most cases interacting with members and/or leaders in these organizations. I also maintain a significant library/resource of information on these movements and organizations.

I have been a lifelong student of the Bible. In addition, I have been saved through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, and believe in the truth of God's Holy word in the Bible as the inerrant and infallible word of God. I have been a believer for over 43 years. Other qualifications include:

- Former member of the counril of a local church
- Speaker at the "Last Days Bible Conference" and other functions.
- Researcher into religious movements and cults (maintain website with information on some of these movements and cults)
- Member of the Apologetics Coordination Team

I hold to the view that the Bible is inerrant and infallible, and I belief that the Bible is our sole authority on matters of faith and doctrine (Sola Scripture, Sola Fide).

Apologetics Coordination Team ( Network of Christian Apologists in Calgary (

Website, accessible by means of or; and Audio files of talks at Last Days Bible Conference available at

Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.)