Bible Studies/antichrist

Question
QUESTION: Where does it say that the antichrist comes
from the tribe of Dan?

ANSWER: The bible nowhere says that the Antichrist [see letters of John for the word] comes from the tribe of Dan.
In a Jewish book of the early second century AD, The Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs: The Testament of Dan, 5:4-6, begins, "I know that in the last days, you shall depart from the Lord."
Various persons want to see in these verses a reference to the Antichrist.
Such is the summary of the matter.
If you should seek, please feel free to write again.
Thanks, Jennifer, for writing.  Best wishes for God's blessing to you and yours.

QUESTION: Thanks very much for your response.

I was told that somewhere in the Old Testament there is a reference
to the Antichrist coming from the tribe of Dan, but I guess this is not accurate.

Is there a reference anywhere as to which tribe or religion or
nationality that the Antichrist comes from?

Also, what do you mean by "see letter of John for the word"?

Thanks very much for your help.

Answer
The reference in the bible is 1 John 1:18, that speaks of "antichrists"  [plural] that have come.  4:3 mentions "false teachers" as culprits.  2 John :7 mentions "antichrist" [as does 1John 1:18].
These references have given birth to many interpreters and many interpretations.
The three texts themselves speak of generic opposition to the true teachings of Jesus.  History bears witness to that.  I go no further with speculation.
Again, thanks, Jennifer, and best wishes for God's blessings and help to follow the Truth and the Light.

Bible Studies

Edward Bode