Bible Studies/sheep of Israel

Question
In Matthew 15:24 Our Lord tells a Gentile woman who is in need that He was sent for the "lost sheep of the house Israel". But in an earlier incident chapter 8 there is no hesitation on His part to help a centurion who is also a Gentile. Why is that?

Answer
Understanding a biblical passage requires examining the context within the book and all scripture.
For your inquiry, one should also study Mark 7:24-30 and Mt 28:16-20.
Multiple OT texts refer to the coming "Messiah," which Jesus applied to Himself.  In His early preaching, Jesus emphasized his fulfilling the role of bringing salvation to the Hosen People, the  Israelites,among whom He lived and where the vast majority of the people and the most likey l heed His message.
However, he did help Gentiles in Palestine.  Matthew calls ONLY "great" the faith of the woman and Jesus grants her request.  The divine Savior would have known what the woman was about to say and profess.
He also intended His teaching for all mankind (Mt 28:16-20).
I hope these thoughts are of some help.  If you desire more, please feel free to write again.
May God bless your efforts and understanding of the divine message.

Bible Studies

Edward Bode