Bible Studies/Broken in despair

Question
How can I know for sure that I'm the person described I. Hebrews 6:4-6? I was genuinely converted with evidences and fruits if the Spirit but turned back into a life if sin, shortly thereafter, failing to crucify my lusts. Is it too late for me to come back to God?

Answer
The passage in Hebrews 6 applies, I believe, to those who saw the truth but didn't accept it (enlightened mentally but not regenerated spiritually, as in verse 4).  These people have "tasted" the truth but not taken it in.  They have categorically rejected Christ and what He did for them and, as a result, cannot enter into fellowship with Him.

You, on the other hand, did accept Christ as Savior.  This is by your own testimony.  It is difficult to understand the unconditional forgiveness that God provides but we have the hope that "if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9).  He loves us that much.  It is never to late to confess that we have sinned and truly regret it.  However, regret is still not enough - we must repent (turn away from them) and turn to God.  If we are honest about our sins and truly want to put them behind us, He will honor that and restore fellowship with us (grant forgiveness and cleanse).  

We can enjoy restored fellowship with God (see the parable of the lost son in Luke 15:11-32).  We need to "come to our senses", ask forgiveness, and seek restoration.

Bible Studies

Roy Wallen