Bible Studies/Questions Answered by Expert Roy Wallen

SubjectDate Asked
Death12/10/2016
  Q: I would like to know, according to Bible, where a person goes (if anywhere), when s/he dies. Also is ...
  A: A true story is told in Luke 16:19-31 or two men who died. One went to heaven and the other went to ...
Religion and christianity11/10/2016
  Q: I would like to know that is there any words like religion and christianity words exist or explained ...
  A: The short answer is "yes". For example, in Acts when Paul was talking to King Agrippa, he noted the ...
"innocent" people - do they have the chance to believe10/24/2016
  Q: He has a real burden for people who haven't had the chance to hear about God. He has 2 questions: ...
  A: These are hard questions, sorry for the delayed response as I thought about them. The questions ...
Rain10/16/2016
  Q: Roy Where in the Bible does it say that it never rained before the great flood of Noah ? ...
  A: Bob, In Genesis 2 (specifically verse 5 but the context is important), we see that no rain had ...
Scripture9/18/2016
  Q: Why did david have so many wives?
  A: The short answer is that David had multiple wives because he was a sinner. It is clear that Mosaic ...
Broken in despair5/10/2016
  Q: How can I know for sure that I'm the person described I. Hebrews 6:4-6? I was genuinely converted ...
  A: The passage in Hebrews 6 applies, I believe, to those who saw the truth but didn't accept it ...
Sabbath day4/9/2016
  Q: Is Saturday the true Sabbath day?
  A: Please excuse the delay in responding to your question. There is no Biblical presentation of which ...
3rd commandment.4/1/2016
  Q: if I have a tag name called "jesus is god" am I using The Lord's name in vain?
  A: The use of God's name in vain is a matter of context and intent. The statement "Jesus is God" is ...
mark 15:18-192/2/2016
  Q: How do you interpret Mark 16:18-19. It says all these gifts will be given to all who believe. I'm ...
  A: My apology for the delayed response. It appears that the passage you want starts in Mark 16:17 ...
Biblical Creation12/5/2015
  Q: I have a question that relates to biblical creation. In am taking a botany class, and they are ...
  A: There is a difference between macroevolution and microevolution. Macroevolution is what most people ...
Christmas Celebration.10/30/2015
  Q: Christmas Day is celebrated for the birth of Lord Jesus Christ. Will you be against lighting Fire ...
  A: My apology for the delayed response. The short answer is "yes". I would be opposed to lighting ...
sin offerings4/27/2015
  Q: Im noticing that the various offerings did not take away "Intentional," but only unintentional sin. ...
  A: I am not sure I understand the question. There are no specific references to sacrifices offered for ...
Genesis 64/22/2015
  Q: I have tried to figure this out on my own and have failed. During the flood, God told Noah that two ...
  A: The difference between "animals" and "creatures" may be a matter of the translation you choose. My ...
assyrian captivity of the jews4/11/2015
  Q: In the book of kings it speaks of Israel being captured by Assyria and assyrian people being moved ...
  A: It is important to remember that Israel was two kingdoms. In 2 Kinds 17 we see that Samaria was ...
God's promise to Eli3/3/2015
  Q: I would like to know if God broke his promise to Eli when he promised him his family would serve as ...
  A: God does not break promises so our interpretation of events as told in the Bible must fit into that ...
old testament sacrifices3/2/2015
  Q: I would like to know why, if sin doesnt really cause diseases like leprosy, did God require the ...
  A: My apology for the delayed response - the initial notification about your question did not make it ...
were the kenites jews2/22/2015
  Q: Thank you
  A: In Genesis 15:19 (the first mention of the Kenites), the Bible says that these peoples were ...
Love your enemies psalm.2/19/2015
  Q: In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following ...
  A: Jesus teaches us that the law was replaced by a new set of commandments. It is possible to love our ...
care of the tabernacle2/7/2015
  Q: I would like to know that given only the high priest was allowed to enter the holy of holies once a ...
  A: When the tabernacle was built, it was built with the walls and coverings first and the most holy ...
Jesus.12/23/2014
  Q: You state there are no contradictions in the Holy Bible.Can you please tell me the difference ...
  A: You ask for an answer yet I do not see an actual question in your submission. Jesus is the Son of ...
Water into wine11/18/2014
  Q: Was there any wine left? If so what happened to it?
  A: The questions likely applies to the passage in John 2 where Jesus turns water into wine, His first ...
conflicting bible verses9/21/2014
  Q: It states in Hebrews 7:25 "Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost those who come unto ...
  A: There is no conflict here. In Hebrews, the writer is comparing the intercession of Christ with ...
Birth date of Lord Jesus Christ.5/25/2014
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus We are in the 21st century current year being 2014. As ...
  A: Wikipedia is not the best source for information, especially in theology. The Bible does not state ...
Signs5/14/2014
  Q: I have a simple question if that's ok...does God still give literal messages in dreams?just To be ...
  A: You are welcome to ask anything, that's exactly why this medium was designed. I do believe that God ...
divorce1/4/2014
  Q: Is it okay to get remarried after being divorced?
  A: It is clear that divorce is only permitted because of the hardness of men’s hearts (Matthew 19:8). ...
Story of Joshua8/1/2013
  Q: I am having a bit of a hard time understanding the part of the Bible Joshua 9. Joshua was deceived ...
  A: It is true that Joshua was deceived but he did not knowingly make a sinful vow. It is also true ...
Family Meeting In Heaven ?7/18/2013
  Q: Wallen I'm a born again Christian and would like to know if there's any indication in the Bible; if ...
  A: There are no strong indications of family ties in heaven. In Mark 12 and Luke 20, Jesus rebuked the ...
Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.3/15/2013
  Q: http:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWBMQAqfIY ...
  A: People cannot perform miracles because God alone is God. He is the only one that can perform true ...
Holy Bible Teachings.3/13/2013
  Q: 1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ? The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament ...
  A: My apology for teh delay in responding. For your questions: 1. No, the purpose of the New ...
Which Apostle Went into India2/19/2013
  Q: In the Acts of Thomas he is "claimed" to of received the lot to go to India and preach the Word. ...
  A: To answer your questions directly, no, it is not explicitly stated how Scripture was introduced in ...
Catholicism and Protestantism.2/18/2013
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism What are the ...
  A: There are more differences than similarities in belief systems of catholicism and protestantism. ...
churches1/20/2013
  Q: I am becoming a believer in Jesus. How can I pick a church to worship Jesus when they all break the ...
  A: When we become believers in Jesus Christ, we are operating under grace and not the law -- we are led ...
prayer9/20/2012
  Q: Please tell me the different offices/roles the members of the trinity play in terms of who and how ...
  A: In the Gospel accounts of Matthew (chapter 6) and Luke (chapter 11), we see how Jesus taught us to ...
faith8/28/2012
  Q: Why do we need to believe in Jesus in order to get to heaven...why is it OUR believe that makes his ...
  A: In his letter to the Romans (chapter 10, verses 5-13), Paul writes, under the power of the Holy ...
the word create8/22/2012
  Q: I understand the are two words for create - one meaning something formed out of something else and ...
  A: My background does not include extensive study of Hebrew so my ability to answer your question is ...
prayer8/20/2012
  Q: I would like to know why the wishes expressed in fervent prayers do not make miracles happen, as it ...
  A: The simple answer is that: “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says ...
GREEK TO ENGLISH4/21/2012
  Q: MY QUESTION IS CAN GREEK BE TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH? A MAN WHO SAID HE TEACHES GREEK STATED THAT IT ...
  A: My background includes the study of koiné Greek (the language used in the New Testament) as well as ...
honour your parents2/6/2012
  Q: What does the reference to Honour thy Father and Mother in Mt 15:1-11 and Mark 7:5-16 mean? Are ...
  A: There is, indeed, a mandate (Exodus 20:12, Exodus 21:17, Deuteronomy 5:16) to honor father and ...
These sins...1/4/2012
  Q: Wallen, I have a question regarding Ephesians 5:5-6 "You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or ...
  A: The structure of the language in the Bible draws a distinction between a lifestyle commitment to ...
Books of the History of the Kings of Israel and Judah1/4/2012
  Q: Wallen, As I'm reading through the Old Testament (NIV), I continually notice the same lines over ...
  A: First, please accept my apology for the delay in responding as I was away on business this past week ...
Asking about the word "light"12/29/2011
  Q: English is not my native language. However, I am writing a song and am concerned about this ...
  A: We are to be as salt and light (Matthew 5:13-16). At one point, when Paul and Barnabas preached ...
Matthew 7:21-23?12/23/2011
  Q: "21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one ...
  A: Here are my responses: 1. Jesus taught that only those who are born again can enter the kingdom of ...
What does the bible say about this?12/22/2011
  Q: I became curious of a situation that I encountered and was hoping you could have some answers for ...
  A: To my knowledge, the Bible does not address your question directly. It is very clear that we are ...
Apostasy12/9/2011
  Q: Good evening, Hope all is well. My name is Dan. I wanted to first thank you for your helpful ...
  A: Once we are saved, we are always saved (1 John 5:13). However, we are saved sinners and, as such, ...
Tithing11/24/2011
  Q: Greetings Roy! Thank you for making your knowledge and insight available to people like myself who ...
  A: Indeed, the concept of tithing is dated from the support provided to the Levites and, if you add it ...
finding the truth7/18/2011
  Q: i'm a 20 years old male.sir ,for couple of months i have been trying to find the true religion,the ...
  A: For me, what we believe is not about religion, it is about faith. Religion is the system of faith ...
false prophets6/29/2011
  Q: I have been called by God to do something and i am not sure how to go about it. I am not a preacher ...
  A: If you have prayed and studied the Bible, God may be revealing this thing to you. Before you take ...
biblequestion6/6/2011
  Q: 1.what is the lords supper and the advantage we gain by taking it? i 2.what is the lords supper made ...
  A: 1. The Lord's support represents the remembrance of when Jesus instituted this ordinance after the ...
Origin of the Bible6/1/2011
  Q: I can I better explain to my daughter that the Bible really is Of God's word, through or by Divine ...
  A: Your daughter's logic would make sense except for the fact that the imperfect men (and maybe women# ...
Bible Passage5/19/2011
  Q: I have a question I hope you can help me with. How can we make compatible Luke 11:50-51 with ...
  A: As you suggest, there is no contradiction (there never is). The passage in Luke tells of Jesus ...
the temple4/21/2011
  Q: When Jesus cleared the temple, he said in anger that it was supposed to be a place for all nations. ...
  A: In Matthew's (Matthew 21:12-13 and Luke's (Luke 19:45-46) accounts, the "for all nations" phrase ...
question about childrens -Reg3/24/2011
  Q: My name is chandra sekhar from Vishakapatnam(INDIA). I have one doubt. in case childrens are ...
  A: Your English is just fine. I understand your question very well. This is a question that has ...
resurrection2/27/2011
  Q: I am presenting the following verses and would like to know if based on them, is it safe to assume ...
  A: The short answer is "no". God does not use the miracle of resurrrection in the current age. For ...
adultery1/23/2011
  Q: Two years ago, my husband was having an emotional affair with another woman, later he told me he has ...
  A: It grieves me that your husband refuses to repent of his sin but stays in it. However, it gives me ...
Armadeddon1/3/2011
  Q: What does it mean that the seal and the other plague or necessary condition has not yet been met to ...
  A: Please excuse the delay in responding. The message was not immediately sent to my e-mail. Jesus ...
Seed12/18/2010
  Q: Can you explain what are the "your seed" and "her seed" God refers to in Gen. 3:15? Thanks
  A: God cursed the serpent because of his deceit. The physical serpent is cursed in verse 14 and the ...
Salvation & Hell11/23/2010
  Q: John 16:8 - When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness ...
  A: Yes, it is important to know that salvation is necessary to save us from eternal separation from God ...
Answering Prayers10/21/2010
  Q: Refrence 1 John 3:22 & John 9:31 Does God answer prayers of sinners/unsaved?
  A: First, we are all sinners (Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12) so God does hear and answer the prayers of ...
Evil Spirit9/20/2010
  Q: How could an evil spirit come from God as 1Samuel18:10 says?
  A: The word translated as "evil" in this verse is also translated as "distressing" in other versions. ...
bible9/1/2010
  Q: and since it is belived that the bible says that the holy spirit is just as much God as the father ...
  A: If someone does not believe God, there is still an opportunity to turn to Him and accept what He has ...
The Divided Kingdom7/15/2010
  Q: The tribe of Simeon is located in the south. When the Kingdom of Israel divided where did Simeon go? ...
  A: Please excuse the delay in responding as I needed to find the proper references. The inheritance for ...
Presenting the Gerasene Demoniac to children?6/23/2010
  Q: I have the children's sermon this Sunday and our scripture is Luke 8:26-39. I am concerned about ...
  A: Not being sure of the ages of the children you will be teaching, I think you can present the ...
Demons spirits4/29/2010
  Q: Roy As i readied the question about demons spirits form 4/24/2010, are demons that on earth today ...
  A: Jude 6 refers to the passage in Genesis 6:1-3 when angels left their position and consorted with ...
question4/27/2010
  Q: Please explain to me in plain english, what the meaning of the 10th commandment means? Thanks..
  A: The short answer to your question is: "Don't set your heart on anything that belongs to someone ...
Are these people right about Christ's return?4/25/2010
  Q: I was doing some research when I ran into this facebook thread: ...
  A: I had not heard the rationale for this theory on Christ's return. For centures, Christians have ...
demon spirits3/29/2010
  Q: I have a question regarding demons. If demons are fallen angels, why do they need to posses ...
  A: Demons do not need to possess someone to find rest. You are right that there are several places in ...
John 1:36-421/23/2010
  Q: In verse John 1:35 and again in John 1:40 It mentions that there were two people following John the ...
  A: The context in John is not clear who was present when Andrew was called. We know that Peter was led ...
prophets12/27/2009
  Q: 6-7 "When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it?" "Surely the Sovereign Lord does ...
  A: It is important to note that the book of Amos was written to the God's people, Israel, though we can ...
bible study12/18/2009
  Q: The old testament is very hard to believe, unless you read it as metaphor, mythology, or ...
  A: Your questions are good ones and I always encourage people to challenge what they read. In fact, ...
ancient history11/3/2009
  Q: Roy, In the old testament what part did Iran play, as far as the relations with the children of ...
  A: The area that is now Iran was part of the Babylonian empire. The Babylonian leaders were the ...
Quick Question11/2/2009
  Q: I read on the net the following and need to know if it is true. Especially the last portion. As you ...
  A: There is a dual effect in salvation. On the one side, there is nothing we can do to be saved. That ...
1corinthians 14:3410/13/2009
  Q: my pastor ask me to share with my daughter on sunday what the church meant to us so we did. my ...
  A: The context that Paul writes here is the use of gifts of prophecy (today we call that "preaching") ...
Blasphemy?10/7/2009
  Q: Well can I ask you a question about blasphemy? ANSWER: Yes, certainly. Your feedback through the ...
  A: If blasphemy is an insult to God, then people might not know that they blasphemed. The perspective ...

All Questions in This Category

Bible Studies

Roy Wallen

Top Expert on this page