Bible Studies/Questions Answered by Expert Joel Bjorling

SubjectDate Asked
apostles8/14/2015
  Q: Did any of the apostles who wrote the books of the bible actually know Jesus or actually listen to ...
  A: You ask a very good question. The apostles whose names are on the gospels did not actually write ...
Trouble understanding the Bible8/5/2015
  Q: I am reading the Bible and there was a section I didn't understand. Could you please explain it? The ...
  A: To get a clearer view of this passage, look at the beginning of Genesis 21. Sarah's having a child ...
truth or fiction? the unforgivable sin3/22/2015
  Q: yesterday, I came across a exchristian forum. I saw a person who still consider himself to be a ...
  A: If this person was talking about things like meteor showers, I suspect his story was far-fetched. I ...
Love your enemies psalm.2/19/2015
  Q: In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following ...
  A: In faith, love is everything. It is how God relates to us and how we relate to God. It is the basis ...
How can we tell that the Bible is 100% true?2/12/2015
  Q: I am currently studying the question of whether the Bible is 100% true or not. I am having problems ...
  A: The differences in Genesis 1 and 2 are because of the original texts used. That I recall, there ...
belief and practice of exorcism and discernment of spirits1/30/2015
  Q: I heard that some catholic and Charismatic protestant Christians have psychic like ability to ...
  A: Things as discernment of spirits is part of charismatic belief and practice, both Catholic and ...
Birth date of Lord Jesus Christ.5/25/2014
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus We are in the 21st century current year being 2014. As ...
  A: Apart from what Wikipedia says, I really don't know Jesus' birth date. Scholars would agree, ...
Would Mary still have been stoned even if Joseph 'put her away privately'?5/24/2014
  Q: Considering that at the time it happened,Jewish betrothal was like marriage 'without the benefits', ...
  A: Whether or not Mary would have been stoned would depend on the ancient Jewish laws relating to ...
Lilith -12/19/2013
  Q: I am Rev. Murphy a fellow expert in the Bible studies category...I was reading through the questions ...
  A: I appreciate your insight. However, I checked a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and I did not find ...
Lilith12/14/2013
  Q: can you tell me who is Lilith in Bible?
  A: Lilith is not mentioned in traditional biblical texts, but more in the "lost" books, or those that ...
Signs or coincidence10/7/2013
  Q: Do you believe in signs? I've corresponded with others who say that everything I see is mostly ...
  A: Faith is a certain understanding of life. It is not based upon signs, but the understanding--not ...
forgiveness8/6/2013
  Q: According to Vine's Biblical Dictionary, the new testament word for forgiveness is "Aphiemi." At the ...
  A: Jesus said that we should forgive others as God forgave us. The idea is that as God gave Himself in ...
what is the origin of gender segregationin abrahamic religions?5/23/2013
  Q: there are many rules that in islamic countries directly restrict women from being closed to men. in ...
  A: I would say that things as gender segregation in religions are more cultural than theological. It ...
monks writing the bible5/22/2013
  Q: I was told that the monks who made copies of the bible in ancient times would write notes or ...
  A: It is true that monks, as well as scribes, wrote their comments as they copied biblical texts. ...
truth or fiction? the danger of occultism4/15/2013
  Q: the Christian leaders who joint the countercult movement write a lot of books and make lot of ...
  A: Christians, especially those of an evangelical/fundamental persuasion, see "occultism" as evil, but ...
what kind of information do you have about this form of christian psychics?4/14/2013
  Q: many people on the Internet doing psychic reading while accept most fundamental tenets of ...
  A: I am not familiar with Christian psychics, though if you look at magazines as FATE, many psychics ...
Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.3/15/2013
  Q: http:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWBMQAqfIY ...
  A: Miracles are usually signs of God's presence. They are not for themselves alone. It is possible, ...
Holy Bible Teachings.3/13/2013
  Q: 1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ? The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament ...
  A: I'd generally agree with you on these issues. You speak of people "controlling and managing" ...
demonology3/5/2013
  Q: where is the Greek word "demon" from? was the word "demon" in ancient Greek mean inferior deity or ...
  A: Sorry this has taken so long. I just got my computer back from the shop. The Greek word for demon ...
Catholicism and Protestantism.2/18/2013
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism What are the ...
  A: This is a complex question. Both Catholics and Protestants are Christians and trace their faith to ...
does Isaiah 40:22 really say that the earth is a sphere?2/3/2013
  Q: Isaiah 40:22 said:"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like ...
  A: Let's take a look at that passage, considering the Hebrew and different translations. My Strong's ...
Isaiah 1: Judah or Israel?11/29/2012
  Q: Is God's indictment in Isaiah Ch 1 primarily an indictment of the northern kingdom of Israel or the ...
  A: Isaiah 1 is directed to Judah, during the reigns of various kings of Judah. Perhaps the reference ...
pigeons or doves in the bible?11/24/2012
  Q: the Greek word "peristera" in john 2:14 translated pigeons,in john 1:32 translated dove. this ...
  A: In the King James text, it says that people were selling doves in the temple. The Greek word is ...
christian rituals and mysteries11/19/2012
  Q: was there any ancient mystery religion other than christianity had water immersion ritual (like ...
  A: Take a look at THE JESUS MYSTERIES and JESUS AND THE LOST GODDESS, both by Timothy Freke and Peter ...
salvation and hell11/11/2012
  Q: is there really any bible passages specifically mention that all non-Christians go to hell for ...
  A: In Mark 16:16 says, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe ...
praying in Jesus' name8/31/2012
  Q: There is something I found in scripture to be very interesting. Jesus asks that we pray in his name. ...
  A: It has been believed that prayers given in a particular name (i.e. Jesus) have a special power. It ...
Bible study guides5/14/2012
  Q: Joel, how do you do? I want to find the best or one of the top-rated Bible study guides being sold ...
  A: I think your best bet would be a study Bible. I would recommend a Rainbow Bible. It has different ...
the book of Isaiah4/18/2012
  Q: in the first chapter of isaiah what does the prophet consider the proper relationship between ...
  A: The basic gist of Isaiah 1 is that it does no good to do sacrifices or rituals if one does not live ...
Gen 151/23/2012
  Q: Sir, In Genesis 15 v9-13 could you please help to clarify the significance of the activities ...
  A: I think the essence of this passage is verse 13. God's word to Abram was, "Know of a surety that ...
How do we get to KNOW God?1/5/2012
  Q: "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'" Matthew 7:23. In ...
  A: I think you're on the right track. You realize that faith is not an outward or occasional thing, ...
Spirits in Prison9/16/2011
  Q: Just wanted to know your thoughts on 1Peter 3:19. Our preacher said one thing and my Scofield study ...
  A: If we look at this verse in context, Peter is talking about having faith in the midst of difficulty. ...
effective prayer5/24/2011
  Q: I have been studying what the bible has to say about prayer and vain repettition. How can I make ...
  A: I believe that prayer is always heard because it touches in with the Spirit of God. You might ...
need answers to questions3/16/2011
  Q: If the catholic church is so perfect why do they have casino nights with drinking and gambling in ...
  A: First of all, neither the Catholic Church, nor any church, is perfect. The reason why Catholics ...

All Questions in This Category

Bible Studies

Joel Bjorling

Top Expert on this page