Bible Studies/Questions Answered by Expert Scott Talbot

SubjectDate Asked
Psalm 106:204/23/2017
  Q: Guess who? You got it! First try! Well, my question is in Psalm 106:20. I remember when the ppl made ...
  A: A calf is the name of a baby ox. In Exodus, it's called a calf. In the Psalm 106 passage, it's ...
Romans 10:13 - For whosoever will - clause1/30/2017
  Q: Scott, I WAS in the UPCI Oneness Pentecostals and got out of it. Believe in salvation by grace ...
  A: Good morning, Gregory. If I understand your question correctly, you're asking what is the ...
Death11/27/2016
  Q: hope u had a good Thanksgiving. Did u have a lot of people over? Ok. Well, my daughter and I were ...
  A: We celebrated Thanksgiving with two other couples from church. It was very nice ... and the meal was ...
Chronicles10/15/2016
  Q: I have a couple of more questions. In 1st Chronicles ch 3 where the Bible speaks of all Davids ...
  A: I'm so glad that you're studying the Bible so faithfully and consistently. And you don't just read ...
Elijah9/14/2016
  Q: I have a couple questions before I forget them. 1St in 1 Kings ch 19. In v 9 Elijah is hiding in the ...
  A: Joyce! Sorry for the delayed response. We're on vacation, and I haven't been checking my emails as ...
Salvation8/27/2016
  Q: What are the differences between eternal salvation and everlasting life ? Are they basically saying ...
  A: The two ideas are related. The Bible states in Romans 3:23, "All have sinned and fall short of the ...
2 Samuel ch 248/25/2016
  Q: Guesss Who? In vs 1, David was told to take what amounted to a census of the people. Im vs 10 David ...
  A: Admittedly, this is a difficult passage. Having studied the original languages in seminary, I have ...
2 Samuel 12:228/12/2016
  Q: When David says the child wii never come back to him but he will go to the child.. I've heard this ...
  A: Ah, Joyce, this is admittedly a tough one. There are many who believe in an "age of ...
Change8/6/2016
  Q: teacher Scott, I was told once that if God wants you to do something,that He will put that DESIRE in ...
  A: Hmm. Perhaps He does sometimes ... but not always. Consider Jonah. Here's something to think ...
What God breathed into us6/27/2016
  Q: I am writing to inquire about the phrases in the Bible, "..breathed into his nostrils the breath of ...
  A: When God breathed life into Adam, he turned an inanimate, lifeless object into a living, breathing ...
deuteronomy3/31/2016
  Q: This time I am sorts confused about deuteronomy ch 19 v 15. That 2 or 3 witnesses will settle the ...
  A: I hope you're doing well. If several people conspire together to lie about someone, they are ...
Study Bibles?2/9/2016
  Q: I find the Bible (when read deliberately, and in entirety) to be extremely counter-intuitive, and ...
  A: I'm so glad you reached out. I'm curious to know why you consider the Bible to be ...
swallowed up1/23/2016
  Q: When someone in the Bible as killed,why did the entire family have to go as well? For example ...
  A: Joyce! How are you? Passages like this in Numbers 16 (the rebellion and judgment of Korah, Dathan ...
post rapture1/19/2016
  Q: Is this accurate? : After the rapture, there is a judgment of the nations on earth as well as a ...
  A: There is not uniform agreement among Christians regarding end time events, or the timing of these ...
faithful servant1/17/2016
  Q: What does the Bible say about being a good and faithful servant? Thanks for your help.
  A: In Matthew 25:14-30, Jesus uses this phrase in His Parable of the Talents. (See especially vv. 21, ...
judas & Zechariah 1110/30/2015
  Q: 4-14 it seems to be talking about punishing Israel by letting foreign nations take her over. I would ...
  A: As God is judging Israel, specific details of the events and of the prophecy foreshadow events that ...
Exodus10/13/2015
  Q: I know its been a while, I just got lazy and I never bothered find answers to my questions. But I'm ...
  A: It has been a while. I trust you're doing well. Exodus 4:24 is a difficult verse. One reason is ...
Messianic prophecies9/21/2015
  Q: Which Messianic prophecies did Jesus fulfill? Thanks for your help.
  A: Jesus fulfilled over 300 Old Testament prophecies. The following web site provides documentation: ...
Last Supper6/21/2015
  Q: Who partook of the Last Supper with Jesus? Had Judas Iscariot left or not?
  A: Here is Matthew's account of the Last Supper. Verses 20-30 in particular show that Judas was there ...
god's wrath4/25/2015
  Q: Did God, through Christ, vent his wrath against us, against sin or against both and what bible ...
  A: Following are some key verses in the New Testament that mention God's wrath. These verses indicate ...
moon in Isaiah4/16/2015
  Q: Scott, I hope you can help with this... I read something in the book of Isaiah once, that I can't ...
  A: I think the passage you're looking for is Isaiah 30:26: "The moon will shine like the sun, and the ...
Love your enemies psalm.2/19/2015
  Q: In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following ...
  A: You asked: 1. Is it possible to love and forgive one's enemies, as Jesus commands? Answer: Easy? ...
why are the wages of sin death2/1/2015
  Q: Why not something else....does the bible give a reason or only the fact that the wages of sin are ...
  A: Why are the wages of sin death? First, it's because God is holy. He is pure, perfect, without sin, ...
Matthew12/15/2014
  Q: I believe it is chapter 18. That 'whatever is bound in earth will be bound in heaven' and vice ...
  A: Merry Christmas! Matthew 18:15-18: "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, ...
a couple questions12/7/2014
  Q: Well, I have a couple of questions. First is in Matt 8:22 How do dead people bury other dead people? ...
  A: In Matthew 8:22, when Jesus said, "Let the dead bury their dead," He meant that those who are ...
luke 4:20 - Isaiah 6111/4/2014
  Q: I noticed that in Luke 4:20, Jesus quotes Isaiah 61 verses 1 and only 1/2 of verse 2. Why does he ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You ask a good question. I don't think I can answer your question any ...
trying to understand conflicting verses9/21/2014
  Q: 25 "Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost those who come unto God by Him, seeing He ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Yes, the Bible is clear that Jesus Christ intercedes for us before God ...
churches9/14/2014
  Q: Do you know the difference between the names "First Baptist Church"(Is there a 2nd one)"Missionary ...
  A: I'm pretty certain that the name, "First Baptist Church," illustrates the fact that it was the first ...
Ezekiel9/6/2014
  Q: Betcha can't guess who? Well, what I don't quite understand is Ezekiel ch 40. the first verse says ...
  A: Well hello, Joyce! The last time we corresponded, I was on the east coast, in Pennsylvania. I ...
Ezekiel8/6/2014
  Q: bet you can't guess who? I have a problem. I don't think its an actual question. And I'm not sure ...
  A: :^) If you read Ezekiel 8, you will see that many of the inhabitants of the city, including many of ...
Ezekiel7/25/2014
  Q: I am finding Ezekiel very interesting. I didn't have to go too far before I got stumped. I am in ch ...
  A: God's command to Ezekiel was an object lesson for him and for the nation. Ezekiel was told to lie on ...
Lamentations7/21/2014
  Q: I am still in Lamentations. I got most of it up until ch 4. In vs 1, I don't understand how the ...
  A: Let's take a look at your questions: In vs 1, I don't understand how the stones are scattered? I ...
Old vs New testament God7/16/2014
  Q: the Levitical sacrifices for sin only covered up sin, they didn't destroy it and kill it on the ...
  A: That's an interesting question. I never really thought of it that way. No, I don't believe that God ...
The Temple Sea7/11/2014
  Q: Greetings: My question is in reference to 1 Kings 7:23-7:25 and 1 Kings 7:39 -7:44. 1Ki 7:23 ...
  A: This section of I Kings is really interesting and describes Solomon's building of his magnificent ...
Lamentations7/10/2014
  Q: I need more help. On Lamentations ch 1 vs 2 "Among all her lovers there is none to comfort her"? I ...
  A: Joyce. Admittedly, Lamentations can be a wee bit difficult to understand, since it is written in a ...
Lamentations7/9/2014
  Q: Betcha can't guess who? Well, I have just started Lamentations and all but a few words are going ...
  A: Jeremiah's lamentation is over Israel, specifically Jerusalem, the capital. Jeremiah likens ...
Who is Saying What6/22/2014
  Q: I'm currently studying the bible and memorising scripture and I was wandering if you knew of a ...
  A: I commend you for your desire to study the Bible. As you study, one of the most important factors ...
Hi Question about the Antichrist. Man of the Hour5/25/2014
  Q: I was hoping you may be able to help me. I am working on a paper about the Antichrist for a friend ...
  A: I have never heard the Antichrist referred to as "The Man of the Hour." This phrase is certainly not ...
Birth date of Lord Jesus Christ.5/25/2014
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus We are in the 21st century current year being 2014. As ...
  A: You asked, "In which century was Jesus born?" I'm assuming you meant, "In which year was Jesus ...
ear peircing5/10/2014
  Q: I think a lot about getting my ears pierced. I think pierced ears are so pretty. But I wonder about ...
  A: I hope you are enjoying the weekend. The weather is nice here in southeastern Pennsylvania--perfect ...
general5/10/2014
  Q: I am reading through the bible and finding I have questions about things. Not deep theological ...
  A: It's great to hear that you're reading through the Bible. We have access to God's Holy Word--His ...
innocents4/24/2014
  Q: as to our last discussion, I understand why there need to be consequences. I do realize that God is ...
  A: This is a common question and one that is hard to deal with. When God created the universe and ...
why4/21/2014
  Q: I had a brain cramp. Every time I'd remember the question I'd go and forget it again. So back in ...
  A: When God's holiness is violated, the issue cannot be dismissed. God's nature demands that sin be ...
Israel4/19/2014
  Q: I have had so many computer problems but I finally have them fixed. I have 2 questions. 1. In the ...
  A: I'm glad you were able to resolve your computer issues. You are correct on both counts. The nation ...
sharing the word3/29/2014
  Q: well this time I dont have a question. Actually, I was talking to a neighbor from Maine. Texting ...
  A: I believe the Bible is clear on homosexual relationships. It's wrong. No question about it. ...
Isaiah3/16/2014
  Q: bet you can't guess who? I have a couple questions on Isaiah. 1. In Isaiah 't ever ch 7 v 14. This ...
  A: Joyce! Hello! While my response is brief, I believe it will give you the answers to your questions. ...
Pharmakiea and modern medicine3/6/2014
  Q: I was wondering if modern medicine is prophesied in the bible? Preferably Revelations 18:23 (PSR) ...
  A: I'm glad to see you're reading and studying the Bible. Revelation 18:23 (NIV) "The light of a lamp ...
1 John3/3/2014
  Q: What is your thoughts on how the apostle John believes compared to Paul. For example Unlike Paul, ...
  A: Josh. It's nice to hear from you. You asked, "What are your thoughts on how the apostle John ...
Biblical Interpritation1/28/2014
  Q: I have a question about Biblical Interprtation. This is a general question, but honestly ties in to ...
  A: You ask a good question. The fact is, I get this question a lot. If you look through the archives ...
speaking in tongues1/9/2014
  Q: . guess who? Well my question is about speaking in tongues. See, we just recently moved to ...
  A: Joyce! So glad to hear from you! It wasn't hard to guess. No one else calls me Teacher Scott! ;^) ...
the dispensation of God12/10/2013
  Q: I am reading a book by witness less in which he claims that while God and Jesus were one and ...
  A: You asked whether or not there is any biblical evidence to back up the claim that God placed himself ...
I've been fired by God!11/15/2013
  Q: I love God, I believe Jesus died on the cross & rose 3 days later to sit on the right hand side of ...
  A: I am so sorry that you have had to stop working with Operation Christmas Child because of health ...
stumble11/12/2013
  Q: Bet ya cant guess who? Well, I am confused when it comes to Romans ch 14. I know what it means as ...
  A: Joyce! It's so nice to hear from you. When Paul talks about stumbling, he isn't talking about ...
Angels, demons and lucifer/satan11/11/2013
  Q: my name is Briana i started watching a show recently (Supernatural) and though it is fictional it ...
  A: It's good that you are studying this subject. There are certain things God wants us to know about ...
The flood9/4/2013
  Q: The bible tells us that two of each kind of all animals were taken into the Ark. And the whole ...
  A: Nice to hear from you. You ask a good question. First, let's talk about species of animals. For ...
Romans 8:288/31/2013
  Q: so is it ok/appropriate to use this as a witnessing tool? For example to tell someone "well, if you ...
  A: Absolutely. In John 10:10, Jesus says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have ...
Romans 8:288/12/2013
  Q: So then if this verse means that all things will work out for those that love God, then by contrast ...
  A: True. Those who love God will enjoy His grace, mercy, and blessing. And all things will ultimately ...
2 questions8/8/2013
  Q: Teacher Scott, I bet you can't guess who? One at a time, though. Ok first, We are moving in a few ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you again! What to look for in a church? Good question. That can be a ...
every single sin forgiven?6/27/2013
  Q: Can we out sin God? Are all sins forgivable? I know 1 John 1:9 says he cleanses us from ALL ...
  A: Yes, all sins are forgivable. If not, God would not have told us so. Mark 3 and Matthew 12 speak ...
John 86/26/2013
  Q: Just one more question... Doesn't John 8: 31-47 seem to be saying Jesus told the Jews that Satan was ...
  A: 31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my ...
Gospel of John5/15/2013
  Q: It has been awhile but I think you helped me with a question regarding a Bible study group I was ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you again. There is nothing in the e-mail that would raise a red flag. ...
cronicles4/9/2013
  Q: I have a lot of questions this time but I'll try to do one at a time. The first one is in 2nd ...
  A: You mean like II Kings 16:19, where it says, "Now the rest of the acts of Ahaz which he did, are ...
...3/28/2013
  Q: Good day scott Im just wondering why mostly of the religions today involve in a politics.. I ...
  A: You ask a good question. Matthew 5:13-16 says, "13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt ...
1st Kings3/28/2013
  Q: Its Joyce again. This time I have a question about 1st Kings. In ch 22 Kings Ahab and Jehoshaphat. ...
  A: In verse 15, when Michaiah states that "the Lord will give it [Ramoth Gilead] into the king's ...
Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.3/15/2013
  Q: http:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWBMQAqfIY ...
  A: Prashant. Why can Jesus perform miracles, while we cannot? A miracle, by definition, is something ...
Holy Bible Teachings.3/13/2013
  Q: 1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ? The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament ...
  A: Prashant. It's nice to hear from you. You ask some excellent questions. Let me see if I can help ...
2nd Samuel3/8/2013
  Q: Its Joyce again. My problem is in 2nd Samuel. The last chapter.No 24. In vs 1 the Lord TOLD David ...
  A: II Samuel 24:1 (KJV) says, "And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved ...
snakes2/14/2013
  Q: Herllo Teacher Scott! I have changed my e-mail addrees so if it comes up, its not spam. Well, I'm ...
  A: In Mark 16:17-18, Jesus says, "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they ...
mediums2/11/2013
  Q: Mr.Talbot Can you tell me your understanding of the story of the Witch of Endor?(1 Samuel 28) Do ...
  A: Mediums have no real power over those who have died, but at best can produce only counterfeit ...
1st Samuel1/16/2013
  Q: Guess who? Well, this time my question comes from 1st Samuel. I noticed that in Chapter 3; vs 7. ...
  A: Um, let me see ... Joyce? Hi, Joyce! I Samuel 3:7 (NIV) says, "Now Samuel did not yet know the ...
Where's is south in Gen. 13:1?1/15/2013
  Q: Genesis 13:1 "1And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with ...
  A: The word translated "south" in Genesis 13:1 (King James Version) is the Hebrew word, negeb or negev. ...
healing1/9/2013
  Q: Does God or will God physically heal through specific individuals...or is prayer the answer. I ...
  A: James 1:17 tells us that "every good and perfect gift is from above ...." That means that God is ...
Deut 22:51/3/2013
  Q: I am actually wondering if I am doing something wrong without realizing. The Bible verse in Deut ...
  A: First, it is important to understand that this passage is part of the Mosaic Law, the Constitution ...
prayer12/29/2012
  Q: Teacher Scott, I am now in Judges. So far I don't have any problems. I tried so hard to pay ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you again. I trust that you and your family had a nice Christmas. You asked ...
Israelites in the wilderness12/14/2012
  Q: Maybe I missed something obvious, but since the Israelites in the wilderness had flocks of sheep and ...
  A: This is an interesting question. I never really thought about it before. As I researched this ...
Eternal Life11/26/2012
  Q: Explain the "Age of Accountability" with scripture to support?
  A: The "age of accountability" is a termed used to explain a concept that is not clearly spelled out in ...
God's All Knowing11/16/2012
  Q: Scott, I do not understand something that God did if he knows all. Before He created anything to ...
  A: Paul, It's nice to hear from you. The fact that you reached out to me tells me that perhaps you're ...
2 questions10/19/2012
  Q: Is it ok if I call you Pastor Scott? Well, I have 2 questions for you. See. I 'belong' to this ...
  A: It's OK if you call me Pastor Scott, though I am not technically a vocational pastor. I do serve as ...
new diseases10/14/2012
  Q: Here is something I have wondered about for a while but didn't know who to ask. Ok, the way I was ...
  A: YourAre all these diseases new, or are they just old diseases that we are now giving a name to? ...
Divine protection10/5/2012
  Q: How do I interpret passages that speak about the Lord's protection such as Isaiah 41:10, Psalms ...
  A: Good question. Let's start with Isaiah 41:10: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be ...
church10/5/2012
  Q: In Matthew 18:17 our Lord says..."tell it to the church", referring to the offending brother. Why ...
  A: When Jesus referred to the church in Matthew 18, the church had not yet been officially implemented. ...
medical marijuana9/26/2012
  Q: I want to know what you think of medical marijuana. Some people claim it helps with their pain. My ...
  A: I'm not really an expert on this subject, but I can share my opinion, for what it's worth. I think ...
Salvation9/25/2012
  Q: How exactly do you accept gods gift of salvation?
  A: Benny, You could not have asked a more important question. In John 3:1-17, a very religious man ...
Apocalypse9/24/2012
  Q: The bible says there will be an end and an apocalypse. I've been reading the book of revelation and ...
  A: Nice to hear from you. Let me see if I can help you with your questions. 1) If you are a good ...
bible authenticity9/23/2012
  Q: 20 years ago i came to believe in christ through a book by Josh McDowell called "Evidence that ...
  A: ;^) I believe I understand your question. You're wondering what all this means? When the Bible was ...
piercing9/20/2012
  Q: so far I have no problems with Leviticus. So far. But my question to you is what you think of ...
  A: I personally don't have a problem with pierced ears. Most Christians do not. The few who do are ...
Was It Fair For JESUS To Do That ?9/3/2012
  Q: In scripture(s) Matthew 20:1 - 7 " . . . He said to them, You also go into the vineyard *and what ...
  A: In Matthew 20:1-7, Jesus tells a parable about a landowner who hired men to work in his vineyard for ...
Exodus9/1/2012
  Q: Its Joyce. AGAIN! Right now I am almost through Exodus. And here is what I don't understand. Back ...
  A: (That's an odd last name!) ;^) Lots of good stuff in Exodus! Let's see if I can help you with ...
James8/27/2012
  Q: The computer wouldn't let me ask a followup question. So in response to your answer, I want to make ...
  A: Joyce, I wouldn't say you "can't" do this in everyday language. James is saying that you shouldn't ...
Levi and Simeon8/6/2012
  Q: I have another question on Genesis. This is in ch 49. When Jacob is on his death bed and he says ...
  A: I had to do a little bit of research to find answers to these questions. As to your question ...
marriage8/3/2012
  Q: Does the Bible specifically define marriage as a union between one man and one woman"? If so, where? ...
  A: Yes, the Bible does define marriage as a union between one man and one woman. This web site does a ...
Highest Praise7/29/2012
  Q: Shalom. Is uttering the Hebrew word Hallelujah the highest praise we can give God? If so, why? If ...
  A: Shalom is the Hebrew word for "peace." Hallelujah is the Hebrew word meaning, "praise Yahweh," or ...
Question about commentary citation7/22/2012
  Q: I found a good website that has many Bible resources (www.biblestudytools.com). I researched the ...
  A: Nathan. Because Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology is relatively well known, it is ...
Malachi on tithes commentaries7/21/2012
  Q: Grace and Peace, I researched the internet for the best Bible commentaries on the book of Malachi in ...
  A: The commentaries that were highlighted by Keith Mathison are very good. Unfortunately, I do not have ...
Jacobs flock7/14/2012
  Q: I don't understand Genesis 30:39. What were the rods about? Jacob faced them towards the rods in v ...
  A: Interesting question. Most commentaries give little or no insight as to the nature of Jacob's ...
Serious Bible resources7/12/2012
  Q: Peace and Grace, I would like to ask you to recommend me the best list of serious biblical scholarly ...
  A: It sounds as though you plan to do some serious studying. That's great! I commend you for your ...
Bible7/9/2012
  Q: I have read the Bible, I released that in entire Bible, there is no word called as Bible and the ...
  A: You are correct. You will not find the word, "Trinity," in the Bible. However, you will find the ...
Book question7/2/2012
  Q: I'm trying to learn more about being a Christian and to understand the Bible but when I find an ...
  A: I commend you for wanting to learn more about what it means to be a Christian--to study the Bible ...
really5/23/2012
  Q: You really believe the earth is only 10 000 years old? So fossils and modern sciences hold no value ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. Are you asking ...
Matthew 15/7/2012
  Q: Greetings, I am having a great deal of trouble with understanding the lineage of Jesus that Matthew ...
  A: Matthew traces Jesus' lineage through his legal father, Joseph (v. 16), thereby demonstrating Jesus' ...
hello4/30/2012
  Q: what is your opinion on this article. ...
  A: Ryan. I believe that it is absolutely ridiculous to state that God will forgive any and all sins ...
The Written Bible4/23/2012
  Q: I was just reading a little bit of the Bible, and have read it in church. But I have to ask, is ...
  A: Greetings from my home state of Pennsylvania! I live near Lancaster, in the southeast corner of the ...
age of the earth4/15/2012
  Q: HOW OLD IS THE EARTH ACCORDING TO BIBLE TRUTHS A BRIEF EXPLANATION IF THATS POSSIBLE WOULD BE ...
  A: Here is a brief answer. One can use the Bible to trace geneological records back to Adam, the first ...
Will My Household Be Saved ?3/19/2012
  Q: I'm a Christian. Unfortunately my wife Ales isn't. She is highly educated with two masters.One in ...
  A: Nice to hear from you. First, let me say that I'm sorry your wife has not yet chosen to place her ...
honour your Parents2/6/2012
  Q: What does the reference to Honour thy Father and Mother in Mt 15:1-11 and Mark 7:5-16 mean? Are ...
  A: In these passages, Jesus is pointing out the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. They accused Jesus and His ...
Yahweh1/28/2012
  Q: "My desire is to know in depth the history of Yahweh. It all started by reading several translations ...
  A: I'm impressed with your desire to learn more about God, and your scholarly discipline in researching ...
genesis1/4/2012
  Q: In Genesis 6:2 why is there a distinct difference in Gods sons and Human Beings, relating to the ...
  A: John. "The sons of God" refers to followers of God, while "the daughters of men" refers to those ...
CAINE in Gen.4v161/3/2012
  Q: When Caine left the presence of the Lord in Genesis4 verse16-He went to the land of NOD-Did GOD ...
  A: I'm curious ... have you started your Bible reading from the beginning of Genesis as your reading ...
Apostasy12/9/2011
  Q: Good evening, Hope all is well. My name is Dan. I wanted to first thank you for your helpful ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I am convinced that these passages do not apply to you. They apply to ...
Confession of Sin?12/3/2011
  Q: There is a Bible verse I would please like your insight on. "If we confess our sins, he is ...
  A: Perhaps a better way to understand this verse is as follows: "WHEN we confess our sins, ...." When ...
Revelation11/24/2011
  Q: I had a quick question! I am in the book of Revelations and it's kind of hard for me to understand. ...
  A: Revelation is a somewhat complicated book to understand, partly because it deals with prophecy that ...
Tithing11/24/2011
  Q: Greetings Scott! Thank you for making your knowledge and insight available to people like myself ...
  A: Hmm. There's so much I can say on tithing. Let's start with II Corinthians 9:7, which says, "Every ...
sin11/15/2011
  Q: We all know even Christians are not perfect and have struggles. We also know that Sanctification ...
  A: You are correct in assuming that Christians continue to struggle with sin. Just look at the many ...
Once Saved Always Saved.11/9/2011
  Q: So you seem to stand firm on having eternal certainty. When I hear people say that they are ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I always enjoy talking about the Bible. What better topic can two people ...
Question10/17/2011
  Q: how are you going? :-) I am trying to make money online and I feel guilty if I make any because lots ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You ask a good question. This is an issue with which many Christians ...
Hell10/2/2011
  Q: my question is can a christian go to hell? Can one loose their salvation?
  A: No, once an individual is born again into God's family, he cannot lose his salvation. While there ...
who can a christian marry?9/13/2011
  Q: i wanted to know, according to the bible who is a Christian allowed to marry and not to marry. for ...
  A: Here are some guidelines that God lays out for marriage. First, let's look at Genesis 2:18-25. God ...
my soul8/13/2011
  Q: Mr. Talbot, I have been a Christian all my life and I have tried to live my life accordingly but I ...
  A: No, I don't think you sold your soul. While we should never underestimate Satan's power, we should ...
how do I know?8/10/2011
  Q: Scott, Hi, I am wondering whether the promise of the Father from the Lord Jesus to the disciples is ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Jesus promised His disciples (and us) that, after He left them, He ...
I Am7/20/2011
  Q: How many times is the name I Am mentioned in the O.T and how many in the N.T.? Where is the ...
  A: In Exodus 3, when God commissioned Moses to speak on His behalf to Pharoah and to the nation of ...
Sorry, it is me again!7/8/2011
  Q: Scott, Hi! I am sorry to bother you again but I have 4 more important questions. As you probably can ...
  A: I would be happy to help you with these questions. Let's take a look: Q: 1. Charles Parham, the ...
Probably I am spiritually stupid/A challenge to a healthy debate/I am sorry for more questions7/1/2011
  Q: Scott, hi, it’s Gabrielle. Ever since I became born-again, the Word of God has transformed me ...
  A: Yes, I think your understanding of the situation is correct as you have laid out your thoughts on ...
About interracial marriage6/21/2011
  Q: As Christians we hold that the Word of God is our guiding light for life and daily principles. I am ...
  A: There is absolutely nothing in the Scriptures that forbids one from marrying someone of a different ...
ABLES GIFT REJECTED FROM GOD ?6/21/2011
  Q: In GENESIS 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and ...
  A: At first glance, it appears as though Cain made an honest effort when offering a sacrifice to God. ...
Your thoughts on Fallen Angels.4/17/2011
  Q: I'm an author who is writing a book on an Angel who is pushed from Heaven because of a sin. I'm ...
  A: Your premise sounds very interesting. One thing you might want to consider is whether you want your ...
A rather odd question....just need to know....3/17/2011
  Q: Who is the Spirit of Christ? Isn't it the Holy Spirit? I read somewhere in some book that I ...
  A: Yes, you are correct. The Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit. When you study the Trinity, you ...
religious with no religion3/8/2011
  Q: Can a person be considered tremendously religious without being part of an organized or formal ...
  A: You ask a very interesting question. Can someone be considered religious without being part of some ...
what is GOD3/4/2011
  Q: according to Arthur w pink, God IS three things and three things only; Love 1st John 4:8, Light 1st ...
  A: Some theologians make a distinction between the "essence" of God and the "attributes" of God. In my ...
Unforgivable Sin3/2/2011
  Q: I have been a born again christian since I was 16. Before that time, I was in to certain aspects of ...
  A: I understand why you would feel bad about what you did. But I also know that God made you a promise. ...
Circumcision2/19/2011
  Q: Scott, I was searching the web for information on circumcision and found your response to Andrew on ...
  A: I'm glad you took the time to write. It's great to see your zeal for the Scriptures. There is so ...
Bible Life Application1/30/2011
  Q: I have been interested in reading the bible in terms of how it can be applied to my life. I like ...
  A: I commend you for your desire to study the Bible. If you are looking for books of the Bible that ...
Sorry...had to rebsubmit another question/website indicated 'too many follow-ups'1/23/2011
  Q: Scott, I had to resubmit a new subject because the website indicated ‘too many follow-ups’. I have ...
  A: Let's take a look at your first question. Why would these men teach things that are so blatantly ...
Need clarification on Scriptures1/19/2011
  Q: I hope that you are having a blessed day. I am a new believer in Christ and I need some help today ...
  A: Let me see if I can help you with your question. Q: In Matthew 19:27 Peter says (paraphrasing): ...
Involvement of Women in Church and Priestly Duties1/18/2011
  Q: 1.Is there any limitation for women in the Church? 2. Why is it that most of the higher officials ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Let me begin by saying that I am not a Roman Catholic. Therefore, I am ...
Need some help with Acts 19: 1-71/9/2011
  Q: and a blessed Sunday to you. Today our pastor preached about the functions of the Holy Spirit. It's ...
  A: The issue of the baptism of the Holy Spirit in the book of Acts is a bit tricky to understand, due ...
Scared and troubled...1/7/2011
  Q: Scott, I really do hope that you can help me. I just became a Christian recently. But my spirit, of ...
  A: I feel so bad for you, because you are obviously suffering from the effects of false doctrine. The ...
Wait a minute.....1/5/2011
  Q: You had recently graciously answered a recent question for me about being born again, to which I ...
  A: You are correct. Baptism does not play a role in accomplishing our salvation. (See Ephesians 2:8-9, ...
finding a religion.1/2/2011
  Q: I was born and raised in the roman catholic church until I was 4. Then uprooted and converted to a ...
  A: Of all the questions I get, I think yours is one of the most challenging to answer. How do I find a ...
About indwelling of the Holy Spirit12/31/2010
  Q: Happy New Year! When Christ left the disciples, He told them to tarry in Jerusalem and ‘wait’ for ...
  A: There is a small group of Christians (Pentecostals, primarily) who believe that the indwelling of ...
What does 'born' of water and 'of the Spirit' really mean?12/29/2010
  Q: and wishing you a Happy New Year soon! I know that this is probably a dumb question but what did ...
  A: Happy New Year to you, too! You are right to be concerned that someone is teaching that water ...
premonition12/23/2010
  Q: My question is there examples of premonition being ok and are there examples of people with "gifts" ...
  A: In my opinion, your supposed cases of premonition are the results of neither God's influence nor ...
John12/21/2010
  Q: In (NIV) Malachi 3:1 the bible says “I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me”. ...
  A: Please forgive me for taking so long to get back to you. For some reason I did not receive your ...
Faith12/9/2010
  Q: Are Healing faith and Saving faith are same or different type?
  A: You asked, "Are healing faith and saving faith the same or different?" Let's define faith. Faith is ...
More.....sorry!!!12/8/2010
  Q: Scott, Before you read, forgive me. I am very sorry, it's me again. The website indicated 'too many ...
  A: No worries. You aren't asking too many questions. This web site takes a look at the passages most ...
About I John 5: 6-812/3/2010
  Q: Scott, Hi, I hope that you are having a blessed day. My questions today are in regards to I John 5: ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I will try to help you with your questions. In I John 5:6-8, John is ...
Thank you very much for your patience, time, and expertise11/29/2010
  Q: Scott, I just wanted to thank you for your patience, time and expertise. It's been a spiritual ...
  A: Jamila, I am sorry that your mother responded the way she did, but I am not surprised. The attitude ...
Fellowship with darkness11/27/2010
  Q: I'm having a bit of difficulty determining what the Bible considers fellowship with darkness. I ...
  A: Michael, Fellowship with darkness involves engaging in that which is clearly sin, embracing that ...
Jude 2311/27/2010
  Q: What in the world does hate even the garment of the flesh mean?
  A: The Bible Knowledge Commentary addresses this verse: "To ... others, a third group, believers ...
This is absolutely ridiculous and absurd....11/24/2010
  Q: I know that as Christians we have better things to worry about! It's very puzzling that every Sunday ...
  A: I am thrilled to hear that you have recently been born again! As a brother, may I welcome you into ...
Salvation & Hell11/23/2010
  Q: John 16:8 - When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You asked, "Isn't it right to say that " Salvation is not a necessity ...
Very concerned11/17/2010
  Q: I have a couple of concerns. This is my first time on this website so please be patient with me. I ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Let's take a look at Matthew 19:27-30. Jesus had just finished ...
being married11/16/2010
  Q: we are studyingephesians 5;22-33 .i do not understand this lesson at all
  A: It's so nice to hear from you. You said that you are studying Ephesians 5:22-33, and you're having ...
gospel miracles by name11/14/2010
  Q: I'm looking for miracles that are in the gospels that happen to people with a name. It can be ...
  A: Go to the following web site: http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/miracles.htm There you will find a ...
Need help with discerning....10/30/2010
  Q: I have a situation which I need help with discerning. Once in a while I will visit some of my best ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You are correct in your understanding of Scripture. During the current ...
WHO WERE THESE MEN WHO WROTE THE BIBLE ?10/29/2010
  Q: You certainly have lots of study regarding the Bible from what I read of you. I believe every word ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. 2 Peter 1:21 "For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but ...
Exodus 20:710/26/2010
  Q: What were the Israelites doing against which the commandment “Thou shalt not take the name of the ...
  A: Nice to hear from you. When the Bible talks about taking the Lord's name in vain, it goes beyond ...
Answering Prayers10/21/2010
  Q: Refrence 1 John 3:22 & John 9:31 Does God answer prayers of sinners/unsaved?
  A: As a general rule, God does not answer the prayers of the unsaved ... unless, of course, that ...
Why People fall?10/18/2010
  Q: Why some worshipers fall backwards when Pastors lay hands on them to Bless? This act repeats on ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I do not have a lot of experience with this practice. I live in the ...
Christmas10/11/2010
  Q: I got 7 weeks to create a Christmas song and I'm trying to gather as much resource as possible. Can ...
  A: The passages that come to mind are Isaiah 9:6, Matthew 1 & 2, and Luke 2. For additional ...
eros phileo agape love in the bible10/2/2010
  Q: Can you show me stories in the bible that can best explain eros, phileo, and agape love (preferably ...
  A: How about these? EROS - Samson & Delilah, Solomon and his wife (Song of Solomon), David & Bathsheba ...
Backsliding9/30/2010
  Q: I received Christ as a teen and re-accepted Him several times since that. I never really grew, ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You are not the first Christian who has worried about the possibility ...
Religion9/22/2010
  Q: What did mean when "Enoch" walked with God......?
  A: When the Bible says that Enoch "walked with God," it means that he lived his life as though God was ...
Intro to Old Testament9/21/2010
  Q: What is the central theme in the Book of Genesis?
  A: The central theme of Genesis is that of "beginnings." In fact, the word, Genesis, means beginning. ...
Baptism and Church family in the Bible9/11/2010
  Q: I saw your response to a question asked by a person named Mark and was inspired by your answers and ...
  A: It's good to hear that you want to be baptized. God instructs Christians to be baptized following ...
Allegiance to God9/11/2010
  Q: This morn. in my prayer time I heard 'allegiance to God' do you know what allegiance to God is and ...
  A: Karibu, That is great to hear. Not knowing anything about you or the reason for your question, I ...
Religious sects and or cults and a thank you !!9/10/2010
  Q: I wanted to Thank You personally for your guidance and assistance regarding the Bible study group I ...
  A: Ron. To be honest, I don't understand what he is trying to say. I'm not sure what his point is. But ...
Re: Sons of God9/8/2010
  Q: I am invloved with a home Bible study group. A small group of us who enjoy sharing God's word. ...
  A: Based on the e-mail you received from Steve, I think you are right to be suspicious. Here are some ...
God's anger in the New Testament9/7/2010
  Q: I just read your response to a question regarding God's anger in the Old Testament. While I agree ...
  A: It's so nice to hear from you. You ask a very good question--one with which many struggle. Let me ...
The bible8/22/2010
  Q: Does God make bad things happen to people who are not christian? thank you
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You asked, "Does God make bad things happen to people who are not ...
atheism7/21/2010
  Q: How do you personally talk to atheists? It seems pointless. I'm talking to someone right now, ...
  A: I understand your frustration trying to reason with an atheist. To you and me, God's existence seems ...
forgiveness7/7/2010
  Q: Many years ago someone close to me did a truly evil thing to someone else close to me. (I don’t want ...
  A: While this question may seem relatively easy to answer from a theoretical standpoint, I understand ...
Joash4/28/2010
  Q: Can you please tell me why no one heard the baby Joash cry in the temple for 6 years? In the book of ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. 2 Kings 11:3 tells us that Joash was hidden for 6 years, and 2 Kings ...
Question4/8/2010
  Q: how are you going? :-) My name is Christina and I live in Australia. I was just wondering about the ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You ask an excellent question. Who determines the outcome of certain ...
The numerical definition of God1/30/2010
  Q: Warmest greetings to in in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ. I write concerning the above ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Before I respond, I need to know if you're asking a question or making ...
eastern influence in America1/21/2010
  Q: Should a christian have wind chimes? Do yoga?
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I think I understand your concern. Things such as wind chimes and yoga ...
Bible12/18/2009
  Q: I have a few questions. I was wondering why the old testament sometimes is extremely similar to ...
  A: You ask some good questions. To properly address your questions would take many hours and many ...
HAUGHTY EYES12/15/2009
  Q: EXPLAIN HAUGHTY EYES
  A: It's nice to hear from you. The closest thing I could find to a reference to haughty eyes was Psalm ...
Romans 712/11/2009
  Q: My question regards the latter part of Romans 7, where Paul talks about struggling against his ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I do not agree with the assessment of William R. Newell in his ...
Bible references11/30/2009
  Q: I've been trying to find references in the Bible on a couple issues... I know I've seen them ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Let's try to answer your questions. First, you asked if Jesus ever ...
Quick Question11/2/2009
  Q: I read on the net the following and need to know if it is true. Especially the last portion. As you ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. John 6:44a confirms the first part of the statement. Jesus said, "No ...
Deaths10/29/2009
  Q: Did any Israelites die while in captivity in Egypt before the Exodus led by Moses. I know Joseph ...
  A: The Israelites were using sarcasm. They were beginning to second-guess Moses' leadership and his ...
bible study on God destroying things10/16/2009
  Q: I'm trying to work on a Bible study where God (or somebody ordered by God) destroys something and ...
  A: Here are some instances in which God destroyed something, along with the passages that explain why. ...
Bible verse analyis10/15/2009
  Q: What is the best way to go about analyzing a group of scriptures?
  A: You aske a good question. Understanding what God is trying to communicate to us through the Bible ...
Leadership10/13/2009
  Q: I have another question for you. I appreciate your answer on the other topic, it was great to get ...
  A: It's great to hear that you have a passion for serving God and His people in the church. You ask a ...
Divorce question10/13/2009
  Q: I wanted to ask you a question about marriage/divorce/remarriage. I know this is a controversial ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Let me see if I can offer some guidance. Let me start by addressing ...
Does the spirit man ascend to heaven or descend to firey pit right after death?10/9/2009
  Q: i was told that once a person dies, the spirit leaves the body and Rome around the earth until Jesus ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. There are two classes of individuals--those who are "born again," "in ...
Esther9/27/2009
  Q: What happened to Queen Vashti after she did not follwo the kings orders and she left the palace I am ...
  A: The Bible does not go into detail about what happened to Queen Vashti, other than to say that she ...
Did Yeshua(Jesus) speak Greek??9/18/2009
  Q: Greetings and Blessings Scott, my question is simple, Was Yeshua able to speak Greek as well as ...
  A: I never really thought about this before, or about its significance. And I'm curious to know why the ...
revelations8/25/2009
  Q: What is meant by a mystery religion of Babylon that would change time and law in Revelations? Who ...
  A: In Revelation 17, John prophesies about a Woman on a Beast. On her forehead is written, Mystery, ...
bible & other religion book...8/4/2009
  Q: by birth i m buddhist.. & now i don't want to fall in any kind of religion... for me its all same... ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I'm not sure what your exact question is, but I'm happy to help in ...
Deut 3:187/7/2009
  Q: I am trying to understand what is being said in Deut 3:18, but I'm struggling a bit! Any help would ...
  A: Deuteronomy 3:18 I commanded you at that time: "The Lord your God has given you this land to take ...
Matthew 2:166/25/2009
  Q: Ref. Matthew 2:16 Why did God allow the birth of Jesus Christ to cause the death of so many ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Why did God allow the birth of Jesus Christ to cause the death of so ...
luke6:346/15/2009
  Q: To apply this verse today, does it mean that when I lend money to someone I shouldn't ask them to ...
  A: Luke 6:34 "And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even ...
Malchiesadak5/30/2009
  Q: I probably spelled that incorrectly..it is said as if spelled like this..mal kees a deck. I could ...
  A: Actually, you were very close. You're referring to Melchisedec (also spelled Melchizedek). I will ...
True Religion5/13/2009
  Q: Some religions/churches claim that there is a true religion (and go as far as saying they are the ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You ask a very important question--one of the most important questions ...
Divorced Wife5/13/2009
  Q: I am working as a volunteer youth minister and am feeling the call to full time service in this ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Let me start by saying that the issue of divorce and remarriage as laid ...
Adultery5/9/2009
  Q: I'd always assumed that "adultery" referred to both parties in an adulterous relationahip. However, ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Technically, adultery is a violation of one's marriage vows, so it can ...
The Bible5/7/2009
  Q: I am a Christian who loves reading God's word, but one thing that I always struggle with is the ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I understand your struggle. Here are some thoughts that might help. ...
God's Love for us4/21/2009
  Q: Could you recommend a topic Bible study for females struggling with self worth due to abusive ...
  A: I am happy to work through issues with you. I will admit that I may not be the expert in this area, ...
money4/18/2009
  Q: My church of two years has been meeting in a school hall and now is leasing a sport arena and to ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Hmm, I'm not sure if I would call this a sin. At worst, it might be ...
The sons of Shimei4/17/2009
  Q: In 1 Chronicles 23:7-10, the sons of Shimei is mentioned twice. The first time is in verse 9: The ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. The names mentioned in this passage are men who lived in David's time ...
God's Word for All4/7/2009
  Q: I'm needing a more mature Christian,please, to help me find an exact scripture. Can you please tell ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Romans 1:18-25 says, "18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven ...
Old Testament history4/5/2009
  Q: I've started an MA in Biblical studies through correspondence. I've been working on OT history and ...
  A: It's so nice to hear from you. I will be happy to try to help you with your question. All truth is ...
psalms3/25/2009
  Q: could you explain to me what Psalms 36 verse 1-4 means and verse 9 means?
  A: It's nice to hear from you all the way from Australia! (I'm in the United States.) Let's take a ...
Anger in the Old Testament3/12/2009
  Q: I've been discussing the issue of God's personality with a friend (formerly a Christian) and he ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. If you go to www.crosswalk.com and click on BIBLE STUDY TOOLS and then ...
cyrus3/2/2009
  Q: who was cyrus according to the book of isaiah 45 verse 1-3.what were the special things about him ...
  A: I'm glad to see you're studying your Bible. Old Testament history is an exciting topic of study. It ...
contradiction in the bible2/24/2009
  Q: In the book of corinthians there was a group of christians practicing sins that Paul had to ...
  A: Nice to hear from you. Of course Christians sin. As long as we have a sinful human nature, we will ...
king david2/9/2009
  Q: we are taught king david had 7 older brothers but only 6 are named...i've thought anywhere from well ...
  A: You ask a good question. The answer can be found by going to the following links: ...
SAlvation.1/23/2009
  Q: Well what if when you got saved,you didn't really intend to have a relationship with GOD or really ...
  A: Oh, I understand what you're asking. Is that okay? Well, the IDEAL situation, of course, would be ...
Salvation.1/23/2009
  Q: So what she said was wrong? Should I talk to GOD about this and ask Him and see if this is true?
  A: Yes, what she said was wrong. Continuing to talk to God about it shouldn't be necessary. Romans ...
Salvation.1/23/2009
  Q: Well she said that the Holy Spirit told her that.I don't know who to believe.I don't want to get ...
  A: Absolutely not! While this person may have good intentions, what she's saying contradicts Scripture. ...
Salvation!1/22/2009
  Q: I was thinking today and it bothered me about my salvation because I am unsure about it. I said the ...
  A: I'm so glad you wrote. When I was your age, I struggled with the same things. I was a child of God, ...
Sin1/17/2009
  Q: What are generational curses? and how can we get rid of them?
  A: There are a few passages in the Bible that seem to allude to a "generational curse," as you mention. ...
Noah and the Flood1/3/2009
  Q: If everyone died in the flood except those on the Ark, where did all the different ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You asked where all the various nationalities and ethnicities came from ...
salvation12/31/2008
  Q: My husband was raised in the baptist church, and even attended a baptist school from 1-12 grade. I, ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I am THRILLED to hear that you have recently become a child of God, and ...
Proverbs 6:1612/29/2008
  Q: Why does Proverbs 6:16 use number six and seven to explain what the Lord does not like? Sincerely, ...
  A: You ask an excellent question. The syntax in this passage reflects a unique way of expressing ...
Jesus between 12 and 3012/28/2008
  Q: What is the best argument in the Gospels (apart from Luke 2:51-52) that Jesus did not go away ...
  A: There is very little said in the Scriptures about Jesus' life between the time of His infancy and ...
Psychic and mind reading12/1/2008
  Q: What does God say in the bible about mind reading and being psychic. And can you give me verse ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. The Bible does not mention mind reading or supposed psychic abilities. ...
Bible info10/20/2008
  Q: What are all the verses, of what chapters., of what books, of the Bible; that explains and sheds ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You ask some excellent questions. I trust that they aren't just ...
Rapture10/17/2008
  Q: What is the different between anti-christ and tribulation (not the Kehana)? which one happen first, ...
  A: The Tribulation is the 7-year period of time referenced in the book of Revelation, as well as Daniel ...
creation9/26/2008
  Q: If God is all-knowing and am sure that He knows man will sinned against Him, why do you think He ...
  A: You ask a great question. God's greatest desire is to be loved. (We are a lot like Him in this ...
Book of Revelation9/22/2008
  Q: Would you please give me an outline of the most prominent views of interpreting the book of ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. To give you a detailed overview of every view for interpreting the book ...
Poligamy9/18/2008
  Q: I know this question was answered somewhere on this website but I have a different angle of ...
  A: Nice to hear from you. I Timothy 3:2 mentions the qualification, "husband of one wife." Actually, a ...
Dispensations9/12/2008
  Q: Do you believe there are different dispensations? If so what are they and what is the Biblical ...
  A: Yes, I do believe that "dispensations" are evident in the Bible. A dispensation is a period of time ...
salvation9/3/2008
  Q: I’m trying to decide what John 10:29 means. I guess it’s the once-saved, always saved debate. Is ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. John 10:27-29 says, "27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and ...
forgiveness9/1/2008
  Q: We're taught that if we confess our sins that we're forgiven but I'm not well read enough to know if ...
  A: Nice to hear from you. Peter asked Jesus the same question in Matthew 18. Jesus response was that ...
bible verses8/30/2008
  Q: I'm searching for Bible verses that associate with "casts your fears and problems on God". Thank ...
  A: I think the passage you're looking for is I Peter 5:7, which says, "Cast all your anxiety on him ...
noah ark8/28/2008
  Q: when did noah begin to build the ark after god told him to?
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I would be happy to answer your question. However, I need some ...
Throne and Lamb8/21/2008
  Q: according to Bible Who is sit on the Throne in Revelation 4:10 and who is the lamb in Revelation 5:6 ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I will be happy to answer your questions. Q: Who is sitting on the ...
jesus8/14/2008
  Q: How can A GOD or a son of GOD be killed by humans and now that he was killed who is controlling the ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. I would love to help you with your question. Your question is a good ...
relgion and baptism8/11/2008
  Q: i have a question about whether or not my greek orthodox friend can be the godmother of my to be ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. The Bible does not provide any guidelines on such things. In fact, it ...
Acts 9:58/9/2008
  Q: We are studying the book of Acts in our Sunday school class. When we came across Acts 9:5 and it ...
  A: When Jesus told Saul that he was "kicking against the goads" (Acts 26:14), He was indicating that ...
Sunday school questions8/1/2008
  Q: In John 3:5-8 What are the two distinct categories of existence which apply to every person? In John ...
  A: I feel like I'm helping someone with his homework. That's alright, though, because this is a great ...
3 unclean spirits7/11/2008
  Q: In revelations it talks about three unclean spirits coming out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast ...
  A: In Revelation 16:13, the passage seems to indicate that the three unclean spirits perform miraculous ...
Gifts of the Spirit6/10/2008
  Q: Do you feel within yourself that the gift of speaking in tongues in revelant for todays christian ...
  A: No, I do not believe that speaking in tongues is relevant for Christians today. When the Bible ...
Moral Dilemmas5/19/2008
  Q: Re your last reply: "I'm not sure whether or not there's another question here. Let me just say ...
  A: Richard, You're deliberately immersing yourself in a quagmire of speculation and theory that may ...
Matthew 25:31-465/18/2008
  Q: Can you help finding answers to the following questions on Matthew 25:31-46 (NIV) 1. Who are the ...
  A: These are good questions. Let me see if I can help. 1. Who are "the least of these brothers of ...
Absolutism5/18/2008
  Q: In considering and asking about some of the more difficult questions concerning Christian living ...
  A: You raise some interesting points. Let's take a look at them one at a time. You say you are an ...
I kings 22: 24-255/17/2008
  Q: King Ahab and King jehosphaphat was deciding whether to go to war with the Syrians over ...
  A: Zedekiah led the prophets in telling the king what he wanted to hear, though their prophecy was ...
christianity5/13/2008
  Q: Talbot, I have many things going through my mind at this point in my life. I’m 1 year removed from ...
  A: Theo, I'm so glad you wrote. God cares very much about you, and about those who are close to you. ...
Other religions in the bible5/8/2008
  Q: Does the bible mention Hinduism or Buddhism at all? If so, what does it say about them? If not, why ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. You asked whether or not the Bible mentions Hindu or Buddhism. It ...
biblical meaning of replenish4/21/2008
  Q: I am hoping you can answer this question for me as I have been asking people for about a year now. ...
  A: You ask a good question. The English word, "replenish," means "to fill again." This, as you rightly ...
JUDGMENTAL PEOPLE3/24/2008
  Q: Someone asked whether it was necessary to go to church. I enjoyed reading your resposnse. You were ...
  A: " I am so glad you wrote! The dilemma you face is much more common than you think--Christians who ...
Should the church be based on the gospel?3/6/2008
  Q: I was comparing catholic beliefs to Christian (which I am) and was wondering; Does it say in the ...
  A: You ask a good question. What should be the basis of our faith and practice, both as individuals and ...
Need help!3/3/2008
  Q: I was told in college that God had an individual, personal plan for me, and that it would be ...
  A: I'm glad you wrote. You ask a very good question. I believe that God does have a plan for each one ...
Ishmael3/3/2008
  Q: What's the deal with Ishmael? There seem to be 2 different accounts of him. One in which he grows in ...
  A: You mentioned that, according to Genesis 21, Ishmael seems to be either very young or very passive. ...
Not allowing certian people to be a memeber of a church2/16/2008
  Q: My finance and I have looked for a church that we both like and felt comfortable with. Recently we ...
  A: You ask a very good question, and there's no denying that this is a sticky subject. Let me try my ...
I need a scripture2/10/2008
  Q: My husband left me for another woman last week. I am a very young Christian and I haven't been ...
  A: Rebekah, I am so sorry to hear about the struggles in your marriage. You asked for my help, and I ...
Jonah1/29/2008
  Q: What was Jonah's age when he became a prophet? How long did he prophesied? who was his mother?
  A: Nice to hear from you. The Bible does not mention Jonah's age. As for the length of time he ...
Questions12/14/2007
  Q: Who are sinners, is dipping snuff a sin, the bed being undefiled-does this means oral sex is ok for ...
  A: What is sin? Sin is any violation of God's laws. Something as simple as eating a piece of fruit ...
Need some help looking for verses!11/16/2007
  Q: I am needing help finding some verses, that I was hoping were in the bible, that you might be ...
  A: I'm happy to help. The passage about Christians being "light" is Matthew 5:13-16. What about ...
How to get to heaven10/28/2007
  Q: How does a person get to heaven?
  A: You could not possibly ask a better question! This is the most important issue we can address in our ...
depression10/24/2007
  Q: i and thanks for taking the time to read this, I was baptised in 1989 and for a while i felt Gods ...
  A: I'm glad you wrote. Believe it or not, we all struggle with sin, even after becoming Christians. ...
mystery of God10/5/2007
  Q: I asked a few and yoiurs was the most helpful. My secound question regards the mystery of God ...
  A: When the Bible talks about a "mystery," it is referring to truth which has in the past been unknown ...
Virginity10/4/2007
  Q: This is a serious question, I am not a prankster, I have never understood the viginity cloth of the ...
  A: Hmm. I cannot say that I've spent a lot of time studying and researching the Virginity Cloth, but ...
REPENTANCE V/S by faith alone10/4/2007
  Q: salvation by faith alone. why then repent? does this doctrine faith alone trumph all other ...
  A: Nice to hear from you. Repentance and faith go hand in hand. Repentance is the realization that ...
revelation10/4/2007
  Q: My question concerns Revelation 11:15 which says...15The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and ...
  A: Happy to help. The events of Revelation 11:15 will occur at the end of Daniel's 70th "Seven." This ...
islam9/25/2007
  Q: I was told that Ishmael is the forefather of the arabs - would you be able to tell me where I can ...
  A: I don't know that you can find definitive proof in the Bible that Ishmael is the father of the Arab ...
Revelation 129/11/2007
  Q: I've read your interpretation of this chapter. I don't happen to agree. However, your approach is ...
  A: Prophecy can be difficult to interpret. One can come up with just about any interpretation and make ...
Eph 1;39/8/2007
  Q: In Ephesians 1:3 paul states that we are blessed with every spiritual blessing in heaven: Am I ...
  A: Yes, you are right. What Paul is talking about in this verse are spiritual blessings--those ...
Being Buried8/28/2007
  Q: Does it say in the Bible, that we have to be buried, and not cremated? If so, what are the ...
  A: Our quest to become like Christ involves mimicing His character. There is nothing about the way He ...
My theory on the timing of Christ's return8/21/2007
  Q: Scott, I have a theory on Christ's return, let me know what you think. First my background is ...
  A: It's an interesting theory, but I don't think it's accurate. If what you say is true, what would you ...
A few questions I really need answered8/15/2007
  Q: This is somewhat about Jericho and my personal life. You should feel honored! Just kidding :D ...
  A: I am happy to answer your questions. However, I will be brief and to the point, since you have asked ...
polygamy8/13/2007
  Q: Is polygamy allowed , and if so where is it located in the bible, I have read where it says it is ...
  A: God does not permit polygamy. When He created Adam and Eve, He set the pattern for marriage--one man ...
adultery8/13/2007
  Q: What is the biblical definition as defined in the bible, and should we go by that or the version ...
  A: Adultery is a violation of one's marriage vows to remain devoted to the man or woman one married. ...
Interpretation of Scriptures8/8/2007
  Q: I have some questions, actually lots, but I'll try not to bombard you with too many at once. First, ...
  A: It's nice to hear from you. Let's see if I can help you with your questions. Genesis 6 - "Sons of ...
The Greatest Commandment6/1/2007
  Q: I was discussing Jesus' explanation of the Greatest Commandment to an individual that asked me a ...
  A: Anne, There are two issues here. The one issue is the correct understanding of the passage. Jesus ...
Romans chapter 8 verses 22 through 275/26/2007
  Q: What does this reading mean? Please explain. Thank-you for your time.
  A: Linmarie, This is a very interesting and exciting passage. Verses 22-25 talk about the hope of the ...
Prayer5/25/2007
  Q: I completely believe that prayer does change things. However, my husband who is a believer doesn't ...
  A: Ann, The best way to persuade your husband that prayer is vital is to tell him what God says. Read ...
The Shrewd Manager5/25/2007
  Q: I really don't get the story of the Shrewd Manager. After the story, the bible reads that man ...
  A: Ann, I can understand your confusion about this parable. It might help to understand that this ...
The Trinity5/25/2007
  Q: Who has more authority God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit? How are they all One, yet different? Are ...
  A: Ann, You ask a good question. It's important to know and understand God. Yet, the more we know Him, ...
Dinosaurs5/20/2007
  Q: Is there anywhere in the Bible that mentions dinosaurs or something that could be interpreted as a ...
  A: The Bible speaks of a "leviathan" in Job 41:1, Psalm 74:14, 104:26, and Isaiah 27:1. Some think that ...
Bible5/19/2007
  Q: What is the collection of the Bible? How many books does it contain? I know of the Bible and the ...
  A: Henry, You ask a terrific question! The Bible is, without question, the most significant book of ...
over-analyzing5/7/2007
  Q: I was wondering if you had any advice in an area am struggling with, which is not allowing myself ...
  A: Why do you think you worry about things like that? Why do you feel the need to "go through a ...
being a good Christian and/or person4/27/2007
  Q: Sometimes I can't breathe! I'm not a very good Christian, and would like to change (especially ...
  A: Laura. It's nice to hear from you. Let me see if I understand your question. You are struggling ...
the evil eye4/21/2007
  Q: Can people use the "evil eye" to hurt Christians or nonchristians? I'm an American living in Cyprus. ...
  A: Becky, Sorry it has taken me this long to get back to you. I spent the weekend backpacking on the ...
On salvation4/10/2007
  Q: Good morning:I am a theology student. My question is: 1 In what sense do the books of the Bible form ...
  A: James. Nice to hear from you. You're a theology student. That's great. There's no better topic of ...
the necessity of the resurrection4/7/2007
  Q: Was Jesus' sacrificial death the beginning of salvation? It seems like we're taught that it is and ...
  A: Rob, You aske a good question. Was the resurrection needed for salvation? The answer is ...
scripture question4/2/2007
  Q: I appreciate the time you and your fellow experts spend on answering questions concerning these ...
  A: Anthony, No need to apologize for the length of your e-mail. I enjoy talking with people like ...
faith?3/30/2007
  Q: I am currently in college and my first week of classes this quarter one of my professors posted this ...
  A: Nicole, Nice to hear from you. Our son is in his first year of college at Penn State. He is finding ...
Queen Vashti of the book of Ester.2/28/2007
  Q: Is Queen Vashti mentioned in any of the other books of the bible besides Ester. Was she able to come ...
  A: Dale, It sounds as though there are two issues here: 1. What else is there to learn about Queen ...
I Am2/25/2007
  Q: How many times did Jesus say the words I am in the New Testament and the Old Testament.
  A: NOTE: DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF JESUS' STATEMENT, "I AM"? IT'S IMMENSELY IMPORTANT! ...
Jesus2/10/2007
  Q: What 8 people did Jesus resurrect???
  A: Blair. Nice to hear from you. The Bible records three instances in which Jesus raised someone from ...
Matthew 282/4/2007
  Q: For Bible class my son has to write out Mt. 28:30 and in the Bible he has it only goes to Mt. 28:20. ...
  A: Beth! I recommend that you contact the teacher. There must have been a typographical error or some ...
NT Times1/10/2007
  Q: What can you tell me about the social stratification of the New Testament Times? Thanks very much!
  A: Elaine! I have not done an extensive amount of research on this topic, but the following link ...
Christian dating1/9/2007
  Q: HOW IS CHRISTIAN DATING HANDLED FROM A BIBLICAL POINT OF VIEW?
  A: BK! You ask an interesting and very timely question. God gives us many principles in the Bible ...
Satan doing miracles1/9/2007
  Q: If 'by ye fruits' how come Satan can do miracles especially if all goodness comes from God? ...
  A: Tom! When Jesus warned, "By their fruits you shall know them," He was going beyond one's ability to ...
prayer1/6/2007
  Q: Can I have your opinion about a prayer matter(again). I had praying for a work colleagues mother who ...
  A: Monica. My personal opinion is that you should tell your co-worker that you prayed for her mother. ...
prayer1/5/2007
  Q: I have a question about prayer. We are encouraged to pray about things and often a lot of people ...
  A: Monica. You ask a good question. Personally, I believe that there are several reasons that God ...
Temple Vs Synagouge1/3/2007
  Q: Could you please share your knowledge on the differences between the Jerusalem temple and the ...
  A: Elaine. It has been a while since I have done an in-depth study of the temple or synagogue, so I ...
Abraham12/15/2006
  Q: Can you help me resolve this issue?: "The patriarchs first appear in our story with the journey of ...
  A: Tom. Nice to hear from you. If one starts with archaelogical evidence or the lack thereof to ...
new testament , James 2:14-1612/3/2006
  Q: Why does James place such an emphasis on works, and what problem might the letter be seeking to ...
  A: Tasha. You ask a good question. The Bible is clear that salvation is by grace through faith, and ...
Bible Canon11/24/2006
  Q: In the course of my Biblical studies, I have become curious about how the canon was set and who ...
  A: Ryan. Good question. The best way I can answer is to direct you to specific research that has been ...
Old Covenant11/11/2006
  Q: Do you happen to know if www.OldCovenant.com is really true ? Thanks.
  A: Al. I took a quick look at the web site. I looked and looked, but there is no information ...
salvation11/9/2006
  Q: Heres my perspective...Dont know anything, way too much info and stimulus out there undiscovered, ...
  A: Jeff! Nice to hear from you. God says that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him ...
does the bible say this?10/28/2006
  Q: does the bible say that Jesus had all the sames temptations "as is common to man"? If so, what does ...
  A: Robin. Hebrews 4:15 says, "For we don't have a high priest who can't be touched with the feeling of ...
Bible question10/25/2006
  Q: How can mainstream Christianity form their baptizmal formula on one scipture verse?(Matthew ...
  A: David. Nice to hear from you. I do not see any contradiction between these passages, as the Acts ...
Matt 1:610/22/2006
  Q: The Vulgate and the King James translate both references to David in Matt 1:6 as "David the king" ...
  A: Henry! Nice to hear from you. While I have studied the original languages extensively, and have ...
lukes gospel10/12/2006
  Q: hey i was wondering if you could help me i am currently studying lukes gospel and want to know ...
  A: Joshua! Nice to hear from you. I'm not sure I understand your question. You want me to go through ...
Messianic Hope10/2/2006
  Q: When did the Messianic Hope begin and end?
  A: Jennifer. Nice to hear from you. When you say, "the Messianic Hope," are you referring to the ...
A famine for hearing the WORD9/22/2006
  Q: Please refer you to Amos 8:11&12. I feel strongly that the WORD should be taught chapter by chapter ...
  A: Elliot. Nice to hear from you. I understand your concerns. I grew up in a church where the pastor ...
books not included in the Bible9/21/2006
  Q: In this verse: 2 Chronicles 12:15 Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in ...
  A: Ken, You aske a good question. While the books mentioned may have had some relevant historical ...
Protestant vs. Catholic perspectives8/26/2006
  Q: Protestant vs. Catholic perspectives How can Protestant churches say they believe the Bible ...
  A: Randall. Nice to hear from you. I believe in the literal interpretation of the Scriptures. If we do ...
Revelations7/31/2006
  Q: What is meant by the seven seals in the first few chapters?
  A: Rebekah! Nice to hear from you. The seven seals in Revelation 6-8 refer to a series of seven sets ...
How many Bibles have been printed worldwide7/28/2006
  Q: I'm at a struggle to find an estimate at the number of bibles that have been printed. Any sources ...
  A: Rich. The Bible is the most popular book ever written, if we compare it to all other forms of ...
people in the bible7/27/2006
  Q: who in the bible was named Isrel? and why?
  A: Rebecca. It's nice to hear from you. Read Genesis 32:22-32. Jacob, the son of Isaac and grandson of ...
obadiah7/27/2006
  Q: ..I was wondering if maby you could help me... my question concerns the correct translation in the ...
  A: John. It's nice to hear from you. To get to the heart of your question would require an ...
Joshua 6:217/19/2006
  Q: What does this maen in Joshua 6:21 : "They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword ...
  A: Ronald. Nice to hear from you. I don't think it's wrong to ask such questions. Generally speaking, ...
Bible and religion question7/18/2006
  Q: how are you going? This is Christina again here, the girl from Australia. thank you so very much for ...
  A: Christina in Australia! :^) It's so nice to hear from you again. I hope all is well down under. ...
genesis7/17/2006
  Q: Do you have any idea how the kennites and giants got through the flood? Both are mentioned before ...
  A: Elliot! Nice to hear from you. The Kenites are first mentioned in Genesis 15:19, following the ...
church7/10/2006
  Q: 1 Timothy 3:15 "But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in ...
  A: Johann, In this passage, Paul is referring to the church as the "pillar and ground of the truth." ...
tabernacle6/12/2006
  Q: Scott This may be a dumb question but here goes. The tabernacle was 150 feet, by 75 feet, and ...
  A: Bob, Thanks for the question. (And it isn't a dumb question.) When we think of places of worship ...
SOMEWHAT CONFUSES: EPHESIANS 2:8-96/10/2006
  Q: Please help un-confuse me if you will. In the NKJV Ephesians 2:8-9 Says," . . . not of works lest ...
  A: Ray. You ask a good question. "What is the place of good works in God's eyes?" First, it's ...
anger6/10/2006
  Q: Can you tell me how many times the word "anger" is mentioned in the Bible? Thank you. Answer - ...
  A: Ruth, Galatians 5:16-26 would be a good passage to consider. Here, we're told that anger is ...
Gensis Chapter 66/8/2006
  Q: If Adam and Eve were the first humans on the earth why are there mention in Chapter 6 that God was ...
  A: The sons of God were the godly line of Seth, and the daughters of men were the line of Cain. In the ...
man6/8/2006
  Q: Scott In Gen. 1:26,28 it says that on the sixth day God created men and women. In chapter 2 it ...
  A: Bob, Nice to hear from you. Actually, the statements in chapter two referring to the creation of ...
Are ancient heresies still heretical?6/7/2006
  Q: Does the early belief of Manichaeism remain heretical in the eyes of contemporary western ...
  A: Dean. It's good to hear from you. Yes, Manichaeism and Pelagianism were heresy when they ...
Ezekial 28:13- in the King...4/18/2006
  Q: Ezekial 28:13- in the King James version the last sentence of the verse says: "the workmanship of ...
  A: Johann. It's nice to hear from you. There are Hebrew terms in the ancient texts from which various ...
Hello Scott, We know...9/26/2005
  Q: We know that divination devices such as the Ouija board can open up the door for demonization. These ...
  A: It's not so much things that make us susceptible to demonic influence, but our own personal ...
Kicked out of Eden9/19/2005
  Q: In a paragraph or so, can you tell me why Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden?
  A: Webb. Nice to hear from you! The reason Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden is that ...
Ephesians 5:49/15/2005
  Q: Ephesians 5:4 "Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but ...
  A: Friend! It's nice to hear from you. You ask a good question. Is this verse saying that it's wrong ...
Psalm 918/11/2005
  Q: A most loving Christian boy was just killed in Iraq. He read the 91st Psalm every day for comfort. ...
  A: Andrew. My heart goes out to the young boy in Iraq who lost his life, and to his family and ...
circumcision8/1/2005
  Q: Today in church the pastor mentioned about how Timothy was circumcized to not cause his Jewish ...
  A: Excellent question, Andrew! There's a lot of theology related to this issue. I will try to answer ...
QUESTION7/22/2005
  Q: And I was wondering if know the bible relates anything to this, or mentions anything about this, or ...
  A: Joecelyn! The Bible talks about cataclysmic events that will take place in the final days preceding ...
Finding a Religion6/12/2005
  Q: How do people come to their particular religious denominations and do their beliefs square with ...
  A: Wow, what a great question! I could spend hours discussing this with you. Let me see if I ...
Help .. I'm Disturb ..How to Rebuke6/6/2005
  Q: THE FLIGHT. Three millions of people, with their flocks and herds, with borrowed jewelry and ...
  A: Isaiah 55:8-9 "'My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the ...
Can Satan Heal5/25/2005
  Q: Good afternoon, Last night in Bible study the question about whether or not Satan has the power to ...
  A: Hmm. Interesting question, Victoria. Can Satan heal? Well, let's start with what we know. It's ...
Bible verses about Church?3/21/2005
  Q: I was just wondering if there are any strong verses in the bible that talk about the absolute need ...
  A: Mark. You asked if there were any verses in the Bible that encourage the believer to attend church. ...
White throne judgement/6th seal?3/11/2005
  Q: I have a question and most appeared to never notice this in revelation. Most of it is badly ...
  A: Steve! Your observations are interesting. Both Revelation 6 (Sixth Seal Judgment) and Revelation 20 ...
Seeking God1/24/2005
  Q: Scott, What does it mean to truly seek after God? How can we know if we are truly seeking after ...
  A: Hmm. Interesting question, Rich. What better pursuit could there be than that of seeking after God! ...
OT theme of sin1/21/2005
  Q: I'm trying to find out how the theme of sin in the OT develops. I know in the early part of the OT ...
  A: Lucie. The theme of sin in the Old Testament develops the same way it does in the first several ...
Pastor credentials1/18/2005
  Q: Mr.Talbot, My wife and I are searching for a church to call home.We have not attended in many years ...
  A: Ron. I'm happy to help. There is nothing wrong with meeting in someone's home. Many solid churches ...
J writer, P writer??11/13/2004
  Q: I had a short conversation with a professor of philosophy last night. In the course of this ...
  A: Charles! Thanks for the question. Years ago I studied textual criticism, and I remember coming ...
can God reverse His Word?11/11/2004
  Q: The following is an excerpt from an email i received from a reverand, in respond to Christians ...
  A: Michael. Thanks for the question. I have serious problems with what this guy said. God does not ...
Revelation 1211/11/2004
  Q: Scott, (1) Who is the "woman" in Revelation chapter 12? (2) Who is the "child" she gives birth to? ...
  A: Steve! Thanks for the question. The Bible should be interpreted as any other piece of literature. ...
hell10/26/2004
  Q: Talbot After recently conducting a study of the concept of hell, I have come to a preliminary ...
  A: John! You ask a good question. There are various descriptions of hell, and some of them are simple ...
Be Ye Not Unequally Yoked10/20/2004
  Q: Scott, Does the command to not be unequally yoked found in 2 Corinthians 6:14 apply to a business ...
  A: Mark! Thanks for the question. In this passage, Paul warns against unequal yokes. While the context ...
Egypt10/18/2004
  Q: Where in Egypt did Yosef take Miryam and Yehushu'ah when Herod was going to kill the babe?
  A: Cica! Thanks for the question. The Bible tells us in Matthew 2:13ff that Joseph, Mary, and Jesus ...
inheritance10/13/2004
  Q: Scott, When the New Testament talks about the believer's "inheritance", do you think the ...
  A: Steven! Nice to hear from you. I believe that when the NT uses the term, "inheritance," it is ...
Disposing of a Bible10/11/2004
  Q: Talbot, I have a very old Bible that has many torn pages and sections missing, and is just in ...
  A: Kat! I understand your question, and I appreciate the spirit in which you ask. The Bible is a book ...
Secular Music8/17/2004
  Q: I find myself liking a lot of secular rock music. One in particular contains music tunes that are ...
  A: JJ! This is a difficult question. I grew up in a church that taught that certain types of music ...
Praise and worship8/8/2004
  Q: My question is - When did churches (Protestant) began moving from having preaching services to ...
  A: Sam! Forgive me for taking so long to get back to you. I left to take a vacation with my family the ...
Recently I have been hearing...5/18/2004
  Q: Recently I have been hearing a preacher talk about the divine providence of God. That everything ...
  A: Ronin. You ask a very good question. John 11 is an interesting passage. It talks about the death of ...
What exactly is "Mount Zion"?...4/28/2004
  Q: What exactly is "Mount Zion"? Is it a literal place or is it a spiritual place? Thanks
  A: Josh! Mount Zion is a literal place. According to Easton's Bible Dictionary, it is described as ...
paradise3/21/2004
  Q: how does each of the following religions describe paradise?hinduism,christians,islam,buddhism
  A: Hwenlfe. Thanks for the question. Here is an overview of Paradise, as held by each belief system ...
Religion and Politics3/17/2004
  Q: When voting to choose a candidate for a political position (i.e. President). Hypothetically ...
  A: Hmm. Interesting question. This is a question about which I should spend some time thinking before ...
Creation2/24/2004
  Q: I have read about 3 books on the creation account. Do you believe in a young earth (about 6000 ...
  A: Wes. Thanks for the question. Yes, I do believe in a young earth (6,000 to perhaps 10,000 or 12,000 ...
Validity of New Testament2/5/2004
  Q: My question is due to the doubt I have been experiencing as a result of reading the Da Vinci Code by ...
  A: Allyson! Thanks for the question. I am happy to try to help. I have no doubt whatsoever that the ...
Sin to watch some Christian films?1/22/2004
  Q: Scott, I'd like to know if it is wrong to watch certain Christian films with angels in it or ...
  A: AJ! Nice to hear from you! Here is an excerpt from Exodus 10:4-5: 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto ...

All Questions in This Category

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot

Top Expert on this page