Bible Studies/Questions Answered by Expert Thurman C. Petty, Jr.

SubjectDate Asked
Scripture9/19/2016
  Q: David is described as a man after God's own heart but why did he have so many wives?
  A: Answer: Dear Adam, Thank you for your question about Davidís multiple wives. Here is some ...
If Adam named all the animals in the Garden, then how is it scientists are constantly discovering new species and naming them?1/27/2016
  Q: Petty and Praise the Lord! I am a Born-Again Christian and I assume you are one also. I have a ...
  A: Iím sorry about being late in answering this question. I had a heart attack on January 15, and have ...
St Paul's Letter on Love12/6/2015
  Q: I am putting up a Youtube video on St Paul' letter on love. There are different versions of it, so I ...
  A: 13. I've always enjoyed meditating on this text. It helps me to weigh my thoughts, words, and ...
Christmas Celebration.10/30/2015
  Q: Christmas Day is the Celebration of Lord Jesus Christ Birth. This is celebrated having a ...
  A: I find nothing in the Bible against such activity. During this Christmas season, it would be good ...
Having troubles understanding the Bible8/27/2015
  Q: I am having troubles understanding the Bible, could you please explain Genesis 33: 14-16?
  A: Itís important to read the context of a scripture that you canít understand. Usually that will help ...
Looking for a book authored by you7/23/2015
  Q: I am trying to get Sabbath School investment started up in our church and have been looking for your ...
  A: I put the book along with a complete set of 5 books of the Gate series in the mail this afternoon. I ...
were animals originally created as food4/23/2015
  Q: In genesis ch 1-9 kj, I'd like clarafication. In the beginning, before the flood, doesn't God tell ...
  A: You are correct that in the beginning God gave man only what we would call a vegan diet. The word ...
Love your enemies psalm.2/18/2015
  Q: In the Holy Bible, Matthew 5:43,Love your enemies, I have the following questions. 1 Is it not ...
  A: It is never easy to love your enemy. In fact, living the true Christian life requires becoming like ...
Old and New Testament2/14/2015
  Q: Petty, Jr. Currently I started reading the Bible from the book of Genesis with the aiming of ...
  A: Ē Your question can actually be boiled down to this: Is the Old Testament still valid for ...
deuteronomy 12;17-182/14/2015
  Q: I am reading the bible from start to finish and I just came across this passage in Deuteronomy 12:17 ...
  A: Sometimes, the context of the passage helps, and it does here. However it doesnít answer the entire ...
what land did God give the Jews1/20/2015
  Q: I have always thought that God only gave the jews the sinai penninsula but according to Exodus 23:31 ...
  A: Here is the text you mention: (NKJV) ďExo 23:31 And I will set your bounds from the Red Sea to the ...
biblical question1/5/2015
  Q: how many times did jesus Christ pray daily?
  A: The Bible doesn't say anything about how many times a day Jesus prayed. The Bible mentions many ...
divine providence10/12/2014
  Q: I would like to know if when He was on earth, was Jesus under the umbrella of God's divine ...
  A: Yes. Let me cite some examples: When Jesus went into the Wilderness to be tempted by the devil, ...
Ezekiel4/20/2014
  Q: Our family has enjoyed your books on the last days of Judah, Daniel, Nebuchadnezzar and the rest. ...
  A: Iím so happy that you enjoyed the Gate series of books. Actually, I wrote them with a vocabulary of ...
God realize he hadn't made a husband man3/26/2014
  Q: on the sixth day mankind (called Adam)was made in the image & likeness of God. on the eighth day God ...
  A: You ask about why God didnít create ďhusband manĒ on the 6th day, but waited until the 8th day. ...
Gods love11/23/2013
  Q: John 15:10 states "If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my ...
  A: Sorry it's taken me so long to answer: I've been sick. But I'm well now, and able to answer you're ...
Public Prayer11/17/2013
  Q: I have been asked to say a prayer in a group setting at work. Is it proper to read a prayer I have ...
  A: I'm so happy for you, that you've been asked to pray at work. I've already prayed for you that God ...
judgement9/12/2013
  Q: While i realize that you must believe in Jesus to get to heaving, I dont necessarily believe that ...
  A: when you meet Christ after death, face to face, to decide at that time to believe in Him. Actually, ...
Book of Genesses8/26/2013
  Q: In the book of Gen. God removed a rib from Adam to form Eve, Which side of Adam did God remove the ...
  A: I must confess, I donít know Hebrew, so I canít tell you what the original says. But if it were ...
sinful vows7/16/2013
  Q: I am so worried about vows because of the stories of Jephthah and Joshua. They both made sinful vows ...
  A: Since vows are binding, is it a sin to make a vow that either cannot be kept, or that, in keeping of ...
Holy Bible Teachings.3/13/2013
  Q: 1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ? The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament ...
  A: Itís good to hear from you again, and to receive another question from you. The summary you ...
Being an outcast3/3/2013
  Q: I came across your response to Rom.8:31-39.While looking up Bibical understanding of being an ...
  A: I canít think anything worse than the feeling of being all alone. My heart goes out to you. Iíve ...
Catholicism and Protestantism.2/18/2013
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism What are the ...
  A: When the Protestants broke away from Catholicism in the 16th century, there were many differences. ...
ephesian 1:101/5/2013
  Q: All the famous commentators agree that this passage and in particular this verse means that God has ...
  A: I think youíre wrong about Stalin. I believe heís responsible for the deaths of more than 40 million ...
death11/10/2012
  Q: is there anything in the bible that would say anything about wishing death for ones self?
  A: Yes, the Bible does say something ďabout wishing death for oneselfĒ. Jesus said: Mat 5:21 "You ...
praying in jesus name8/31/2012
  Q: There is something I found in scripture to be very interesting. Jesus asks that we pray in his name. ...
  A: Was Jesus trying to take some of the glory of the Father to Himself? He made it clear that ďthe ...
libation/drink offereings8/8/2012
  Q: Since the life is in the blood and the old testament blood sacrifices were indeed drink/libation ...
  A: Let me answer your question in this way: Even though the sacrifice of animals pointed forward to the ...
question8/3/2012
  Q: Does the Bible specifically define marriage as a union between one man and one woman"? If so, where? ...
  A: The Bible seldom gives ďdefinitionsĒ as we look for them. But there are two texts that leave the ...
Highest Praise7/29/2012
  Q: Is uttering the Hebrew word Hallelujah the highest praise we can give God? If so, why? If not, ...
  A: The Hebrew word "Hallelujah" is translated into English as "Praise the Lord." It is not the highest ...
Justice7/8/2012
  Q: From a practical perspective, it seems clear that not everyone gets the same chance to hear and ...
  A: There are two issues in your question that I must address: 1. Godís punishment of the wicked; 2. ...
the sermon on the mount4/19/2012
  Q: Did Jesus intend that people live out the ethical guidelines contained in the sermon on the mount?
  A: the Sermon on the Mount. Did Jesus really think that people should follow the guidelines He outlined ...
song of songs4/16/2012
  Q: According to the Song of Songs, what ethic guides ideal human love?
  A: Solomon appears to have met this young lady while roaming about the countryside. He likes her and ...
Slavery3/27/2012
  Q: Howdy Thurman C. Petty, Jr Been a Christian since about two months ago (still eating the bread of ...
  A: God is not a proponent of slavery, but allows the practice for more important considerations. Letís ...
Pre Adamic World3/9/2012
  Q: 2 Peter I have just heard Finish Dakeís view and it fits. Not only does it make since by the ...
  A: I have a Dake Bible on my shelf, but am not acquainted with his views on the beginnings of the ...
the unpardonable sin2/17/2012
  Q: I'm afraid I commited it although that was the last thing I wanted to do. I was always asking god to ...
  A: I can tell you plainly, up-front, that you havenít committed the unpardonable sin. So let me explain ...
Yahweh1/28/2012
  Q: My desire is to know in depth the history of Yahweh. It all started by reading several translations ...
  A: The idea that the Israelite God was merely a borrowed concept of Canaanite idolatry is presented by ...
Prophecies concerning the end of time1/24/2012
  Q: I have read some of Ellen G Whites works and my mother and her side of my family were all Seventhday ...
  A: A lot depends on your definition of perfect. Letís see how Jesus defined the word: In Matt. ...
Re Gen 151/23/2012
  Q: Sir, In Genesis 15 v9-13 could you please help to clarify the significance of the activities ...
  A: No. Actually, the birds had little or nothing to do with the story, except to show that Abraham ...
Do Christians and Jews worship the same God?1/15/2012
  Q: We often hear it said that Christians and Jews (and possibly Muslims as well, but that's another ...
  A: In a word: Yes. But perhaps I need to give you more information than that. The question should be, ...
How do we get to KNOW God?1/5/2012
  Q: "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'" Matthew 7:23. In ...
  A: Itís good to hear from you again. I discovered some years ago when I was searching, like you are, ...
Asking about the word "light"12/30/2011
  Q: English is not my native language. However, I am writing a song and am concerned about this ...
  A: ..and in this case, to one who is dead. Let me share with you 4 texts of Scripture, and then I'll ...
Two Questions. Warning: Long.12/27/2011
  Q: Petty, Jr., I have a couple of questions I would like to ask you. I think God is telling me to ask ...
  A: Iím so glad you wrote me. Youíve presented me with a wonderful testimony the likes of which I seldom ...
Cheating on Exam?12/26/2011
  Q: Good day to you, I am 20 years old Catholic, very seldom to read the Bible but i "think" i am a ...
  A: The situation you have met at your med school is a problem thatís growing in our world ...
Apostasy12/9/2011
  Q: Good evening, Hope all is well. My name is Dan. I wanted to first thank you for your helpful ...
  A: First, let me apologize for waiting so long to get back to you. Forgive me ... Thank you. As I ...
Revelation11/24/2011
  Q: I had a quick question! I am in the book of Revelations and it's kind of hard for me to understand. ...
  A: The rewards of those who endure are described in Rev. 2 & 3, connected with the messages to the 7 ...
sin11/15/2011
  Q: We all know even Christians are not perfect and have struggles. We also know that Sanctification ...
  A: Let me answer your questions in the order that you pose them: 1. ...when does sin become a serious ...
question10/31/2011
  Q: My question is which bible translation is the closet to the Greek that the new testament was written ...
  A: To begin with, all of the translations contain the Word of God, and a sincere seeker for truth can ...
why does God allow suffering10/20/2011
  Q: My question is if God loves us so much, why does he allow the suffering and persecution of ...
  A: This is a perplexing question, and many people become confused by the apparent contradiction it ...
Hell10/2/2011
  Q: my question is can a christian go to hell? Can one loose their salvation?
  A: In a word...Yes. It is possible for a Christian to lose his salvation. In fact, I believe weíll ...
end times events4/25/2011
  Q: I have been studying in the bible about events that deal with the great tribulation and rapture ...
  A: Janelle, Sorry I'm so late getting this to you. I hope this answers your question adequately. ---- ...
the unpardonable sin4/15/2011
  Q: Awhile ago I had these thoughts that christians were weird and brain washed and I thought even ...
  A: No. The fact that you were sorry and upset shows me that you did not blaspheme the Holy Spirit. You ...
john16:112/17/2011
  Q: what does this mean, I just cant figure it out. John 16:11 "and about judgment, because the prince ...
  A: This verse is part of a section which deals with the work of the coming Holy SpiritóThe Comforter. ...
clean and unclean meats1/25/2011
  Q: I noticed an archived answer of yours where you stated that the dietary law against the consumption ...
  A: Let me quote from that answer: ďItís true that God restricted the diet of His people to clean ...
Wrong to have gay friends?1/21/2011
  Q: I'm a 58 year old mom to 2 daughters, 20 and 22.All of us have gay friends on Facebook and we also ...
  A: None of us are ďgood enough for God.Ē We are sinners, and if it werenít for Jesusí death in our ...
Orthodox study bible answer you gave March 200912/24/2010
  Q: I noticed this morning an answer you gave a lady regarding why Jeremiah 29:11 was not in the ...
  A: Bible translations seem to differ in their order of chapters and verses, to some extent. I was ...
Faith12/9/2010
  Q: Are Healing faith and Saving faith are same or different type?
  A: I WOULD LIKE TO STUDY WITH YOU ON THIS QUESTION SOME MORE, BUT IT WOULD BE EASIER IF YOU WOULD ...
Temptation11/28/2010
  Q: Is it a sin to tempt someone else into sinning? Is it a sin to only try to tempt someone into ...
  A: Why would you want to do that? Do you hate the person? Sin is no laughing matteróeven if itís the ...
Salvation & Hell11/23/2010
  Q: John 16:8 - When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness ...
  A: In the short-run, you are right: "Salvation is not a necessity if there is no Hell" But Salvation ...
new testament warning to christians11/5/2010
  Q: I was reading where (new testament) christians were warned that many would come claiming to be ...
  A: Do you claim that you are Christ and are in the process of trying to convince others that they ...
doubts about salvation10/15/2010
  Q: I was wondering about how we should deal about doubts regarding our personal salvation. Even after i ...
  A: The Bible tells us that God wants us to know that we have eternal life. 1 John 5:11-13 (NIV) And ...
whoredoms8/27/2010
  Q: Are fornications,adultries,and other sexual sins also considered types of whoredoms?
  A: A whore is someone who sells him/herself to be used sexually by another person. It is sex for ...
bible8/26/2010
  Q: does God cause suffering to unbelivers..thank you.
  A: There are a number of times in the Old Testament and in the New Testament where it is evident that ...
Jesus' addressing God7/27/2010
  Q: What did Jesus call His Father? Was it "Daddy"?
  A: Jesus called His Father: ďFather.Ē One time, in Mark 14:36, Jesus addressed His Father as ďAbba, ...
where to find7/24/2010
  Q: If God leads you too it, he will lead you thru it. where do I find it in the bible. Thanks maxine
  A: Iím not sure that the quotation is directly from the Bible. It seems to be a poetic expression, ...
Looking for the right question7/17/2010
  Q: 52 married 34 years with twin 15 yr old girls. Both my wife and I are Believers as well as our ...
  A: My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine the pain you feel. And God feels your pain too. Jesus ...
David and the Census7/15/2010
  Q: My wife and I are somewhat new to bible study and are finding a few things confusing. In 2 Samuel ...
  A: It does seem puzzling at first glance. Letís look at the text again: 2 Sam 24:1 And again the ...
forgiveness7/7/2010
  Q: Many years ago someone close to me did a truly evil thing to someone else close to me. (I donít want ...
  A: As you noted, it so important that we forgive so that God will forgive us. I have a question for ...
Baptism6/22/2010
  Q: I know every Christian needs to obey God and be baptized(although it is not required for salvation) ...
  A: Iím not sure of the beliefs of your denomination, but I can tell you what the Bible says. I agree ...
Where was God?6/17/2010
  Q: Disasters, both "natural" and man-made seem to be happening more frequently and unfortunately more ...
  A: Youíre right, God seems to be blamed for everything bad that happens. I saw on the news the other ...
6 th day creation5/21/2010
  Q: You say that Genesis 2 is explaining what happened in Genesis 1. How do you explain why Cain was ...
  A: Genesis 2 enlarges on some of the things that happened in Genesis 1, especially as to the creation ...
Angels?5/2/2010
  Q: I was just wondering what the name of the angel who gets rid/kills demons is?
  A: The word ďangelĒ means ďmessengerĒ and can refer to a created celestial being, a man, or to even God ...
Language Arts 9 Inquiry Project3/19/2010
  Q: I am currently working on a project for my grade 9 LA class. We have to make up an essential ...
  A: Actually, many books have been written on this subject, and to really explain it would take many ...
Bible Study Question3/2/2010
  Q: Who are the Edomites & Samaritans? What is the Mercy Seat?
  A: The Edomites are descendants of Esau, the firstborn twin of Isaac and Rebekah. He got the name ...
church attendance2/11/2010
  Q: I have a friend who believes that she will somehow "not live" if she attends another church. I have ...
  A: While attending a church is not mandatory to be a Christian, yet itís quite beneficial. In fact, a ...
Hagar and Keturah1/31/2010
  Q: Was Hagar and Keturah the same person
  A: Iíll print the relevant texts: Gen 16:1 Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. But ...
bible contains major scientific errors1/28/2010
  Q: The following is a copy paste of what I have typed on a message board: Day 1 God makes heaven and ...
  A: Iím sure your pleased to be able to prove the Bible wrong in just a few sentences. But perhaps ...
bible1/22/2010
  Q: what happens to christians when the die DO WE GO STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN
  A: Most Christians believe that when a person dies his/her soul immediately ascends to heaven, or (God ...
gospel content12/23/2009
  Q: Im a Bible believing Christian. I have questions though. I feel its ok to ask questions because ...
  A: I do not know why Mark did not record this important event. Iím not sure that the reason for the ...
Jesus12/20/2009
  Q: I've always been curious about something and this is a good time of year to ask. According to the ...
  A: Read the story in the first 3 gospels (John doesnít cover Jesus birth). Then notice some of the ...
The Symbols of the Deposition of Christ11/30/2009
  Q: I have a few questions concerning the Descent from the cross, it is for an Art History paper and ...
  A: Iíve looked at the picture of the ivory carving, and it is indeed a beautiful work of art. However, ...
Church11/16/2009
  Q: Mat 18:20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Ok but this ...
  A: 18:20. Youíre right. It doesnít matter the size of the group, or the place at which it meets. Jesus ...
Numbers 21:6-911/12/2009
  Q: Greetings and God bless you. How is looking at the snake on a pole not different from worshiping a ...
  A: Jesus gave us a hint as to the reason for the snake on the pole: John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up ...
creation10/29/2009
  Q: I read in one of your answers concerning Cain where you stated creation began in approx. 4000 BC. ...
  A: Iím not really a chronologist, but let me give you some rough figures from my research. Itís ...
Matthew 1810/15/2009
  Q: Isn't the matter of when two or three are gathered together more about contractual and business ...
  A: 18:19, 20. It is part of a larger passage. I quote it here. Mat 18:15 "If your brother sins ...
bible issue9/27/2009
  Q: which two books of the bible where the word GOD was not mentioned .2 in the book of matthew JESUS ...
  A: Neither Esther nor Song of Solomon mention the name of God, and yet in both you can see God moving ...
death9/27/2009
  Q: Why do the best of people that I know become either sick for life with a illness,injured, or die?
  A: It would appear that youíve recently lost someone very dear to you. Iím sorry. I wish I had ...
Will this actually happen?9/25/2009
  Q: I have another question.This terorist thing that is going on,do you think that the Christians will ...
  A: I'm not sure what you mean by "this terrorist thing." Are you referring to some particular plans ...
bible9/8/2009
  Q: The Bible mentions both the Assyrian and the Persians. Why does it seem to claim God used both ...
  A: The Bible portrays both, and shows a great difference between them. We have to remember from the ...
fearing GOD8/28/2009
  Q: Pastor Petty, In the phrase "we must fear GOD" what is meant by fear, does it mean we must be afraid ...
  A: Here are two definitions of ďfearĒ Taken from Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary. The first is ...
Hezekiah8/26/2009
  Q: I am reading your book Siege at the Gates. Where do you come up with Hezekiah taking the throne at ...
  A: and for your question regarding the chronology. I wanted to make the book as accurate as possible ...
Judas8/24/2009
  Q: Acts and Mathew are in disagreement about some of the facts related to the death of Judas. Which one ...
  A: There does seem to be a discrepancy between the Matthew account and that of Acts. Letís look at them ...
Salvation8/21/2009
  Q: Mr. Thurman In reading your answer to James question; Does the Scripture say that one must believe ...
  A: The Bible is beautiful, isnít it? You say that John 20:31, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were all ...
Pre-Adamic race and or earth?8/18/2009
  Q: My friend and I meet on Mondays for BIBLE study and we both have a Dakes Annotated BIBLE and I was ...
  A: etc. According to Isa. 14:12-14, and Ezekiel 28:11-18, Lucifer fell from Heaven, but the ...
Is faith in Jesus as God necessary?8/14/2009
  Q: My name is James. Does the Scripture say that one must believe in Jesus as God in order to be saved? ...
  A: Letís look at the text: John 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the ...
Follow Up Question7/24/2009
  Q: I searched online after reading a daily devotional email concerning Noah's sacrifice in Genesis ...
  A: Itís true that God restricted the diet of His people to clean animals. Some say that these ...
Can I have another assignment?7/21/2009
  Q: Can I have an assignment? And can it be in like Mark or Luke this time?
  A: Yes, of course. Read Luke 22:39-46 and answer these questions (please number your answers): 1. ...
Life of Abraham7/16/2009
  Q: how does Abraham's experiences relate to his life of faith and to the nation of Israel.
  A: The saying goes: ďAbraham was a man of faith.Ē We see Abrahamís faith first appear when God called ...
Salvation.7/10/2009
  Q: Well another thing.When I accepted Jesus as my Saviour,I don't feel that I entirely accepted Him ...
  A: When you accepted Jesus as your Savior, it probably didnít make us feel any different (except joy at ...
Donkeys in the Bible7/6/2009
  Q: First, thanks for giving me a volunteer of the month rating for your McAfee problem. My husband and ...
  A: I think the contempt of people comes from ignorance rather than a spiritual symptom. There isn't ...
Matt: 2:237/4/2009
  Q: What prophets spoke he shall be called a Nazarene?
  A: No specific prophecy resembling this appears in the OT. But when Matthew quotes from the prophets in ...
Blasphemy.6/30/2009
  Q: Well what if you repent because you want to escape the penalty and because you know it was wrong?
  A: That is not repentance. Real repentance comes from sorrow that we've hurt Jesus by our sins. When we ...
2012?6/29/2009
  Q: I have a quick question.The whole 2012 thing about Nostradamus predicting the end of the world and ...
  A: Youíre right. Jesus said: Matt. 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in ...
Moses6/26/2009
  Q: In Exodus 4:24 why did the Lord meet Moses at the in and seek to kill him?
  A: 4:24. I found the answer in one of my favorite books, Patriarchs and Prophets by Ellen White: "On ...
Angels/Visitations6/16/2009
  Q: Petty, I have a truthful experience to share with you and I want your input and thoughts about this ...
  A: This is an interesting experience that Ruth had. I can see why it startled heróto have a man ...
Genesis 6:1-45/26/2009
  Q: I have read and I have discussed these passages with others but I have yet to satisfy my mind on the ...
  A: Some have suggested that the "sons of God,Ē as portrayed in Genesis, were angels. They say that when ...
Salvation.5/23/2009
  Q: And I know that I have asked this many times before but just to be safe,how is that a person gets ...
  A: Corrina, The process of being saved is simple: John 3:16--"For God so loved the world that He gave ...
Salvation.5/20/2009
  Q: Well when you say you want me to give my life to Him,are you saying that I haven't already given it ...
  A: What I mean, is that we need to give ourselves to Jesus every day. Jesus is our best friend, and a ...
The Red Dragon5/13/2009
  Q: Petty: Is there a significance to the dragon of Rev. 12:3 being the color red? Thanks, Mel
  A: As is clear from verse 9, the dragon represents Satan (and later in the book we see that it ...
writing styles on the book of jona5/12/2009
  Q: What is the purpose of the book of jOnah? what are the writing styles of the book of jonah.
  A: I only answer questions that deal with Bible topics. The first question, the purpose of the book of ...
book of revelation5/5/2009
  Q: dont you agree that abbadon is indeed either christ or a powerful angel, the climax of ...
  A: Marty, Your question takes in a lot of territory, and it would be prohibitive to attempt to answer ...
Queen Esther4/27/2009
  Q: Did Queen Esther have children?
  A: To my knowledge there is no historical evidence that she had children, and the Bible is silent on ...
Assignment?4/18/2009
  Q: Sorry for not responding but my computer had some issues,so can I have another assignment?
  A: Itís good to hear from you again. Actually, since Iíve talked with you, weíve moved to Thompson ...
Question4/16/2009
  Q: I have a question, to be clear, not from a legal perspective but your opinion and thoughts both ...
  A: I can only answer the spiritual side of the question, because I have no training in psychology. But ...
Heaven4/6/2009
  Q: Per an expert answer paraphrases here, we are going to heaven. But nowhere in the Bible that I have ...
  A: By 'heaven' the expert may have meant 'paradise'--the place where God lives. He may or may not have ...
Jer. 29:113/26/2009
  Q: I use both the KJV and recently the Orthodox Study Bible (OSB) and I notice that while the OSB has ...
  A: 12-24-2010 DEAR EURITTA, STEPHEN _____ WROTE ME TODAY AND GAVE ME FURTHER INFORMATION ON YOUR"Dear ...
Neighbor feeling the pain that they put onto you3/25/2009
  Q: i was just wondering where in the bible does it say that one day your neighbor will feel the pain ...
  A: Iím sorry, but there is no text that resembles the one you describe. You may have read it in another ...
Bible.3/24/2009
  Q: Who were the men that the Holy Spirit guided to write the BIBLE?
  A: There are 40 men whom the Holy Spirit used to write the 66 books of the Bible, and Iím not sure I ...
Assignment.3/20/2009
  Q: Well His basic temptation in 1-3 was that satan tempted Him to eat but He was fasting. In 4-6,His ...
  A: Corrina, Great! I'll have to give you good marks for your answer. But there's something I'd like ...
Salvation.3/14/2009
  Q: So is it possible for a person's name to be erased from the Book Of Life?
  A: Yes, it is possible for a person's name to be erased from the Book of Life. Look up all these texts ...
Creation3/11/2009
  Q: Where in the bible does it say that God created the "birds of the air"?
  A: " Although the Bible doesn't use quite the words you remember, it does speak of the subject: Gen ...
Assignment.3/10/2009
  Q: Sorry for the LONG wait,I've been busy and I decided to read the chapter and I think I have a clear ...
  A: Yes, you are right. When Jesus comes the second time, He will come in the glory of His Heavenly ...
Christian view on resurrection & reincarnation3/10/2009
  Q: I was wondering if you could perhaps clarify this for me so I can settle a debate with my friend. ...
Theology3/9/2009
  Q: What is speaking in tongs, is it Aramaic, or is it a language, how is it learned?
  A: Speaking in tongues can be seen most clearly in Acts 2, and in 1 Cor. chapters 12, 13, and 14: There ...
Assignment.3/2/2009
  Q: Can you resend the assignment? (I'll have to put it somewhere safe this time so that I don't forget ...
  A: Read 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17 and tell me all the things that are going on there. Try getting a ...
Assignment.3/2/2009
  Q: When do you want the list of 10 beautiful things about my state. ANSWER: Send it whenever you want ...
  A: Corrina, Your state sounds like a beautiful place. California and Florida have nothing better, and ...
Assignment.2/25/2009
  Q: Could you please resend the last assignment,please?
  A: Youíre learning a lot about Jesus. Weíll come back to Jesus and learn more later. Right now weíll ...
Salvation.2/17/2009
  Q: Well is it possible for people to love Jesus the moment that they accept Him or is it a growing ...
  A: Yes, when you accept Jesus as your Savior, you love Him with all your heart. You are so grateful for ...
Scriptures.2/16/2009
  Q: Read John 1:1-18. Try to find out who is the Word. He is God, and with God, but who is He? I am not ...
  A: You are right, but I wish you had read all of it. It's really great. Let's try something different. ...
worldly things2/13/2009
  Q: I'm addicted to pornography, is pornography is sin? i need to avoid pornography but I'm not able to. ...
  A: Your's is a difficult problem for the Christian, and many of God's people suffer with this ...
Bible.2/10/2009
  Q: Well it might take at least a day to answer it so can I get back to you when I answer all of them?
  A: Corrina, Bible study is important, and usually takes time to absorb the meaning of the message ...
Matthew 25:31-462/10/2009
  Q: In Matthew 25:31-46, the bible explains that people will be sent to heaven or hell based what they ...
  A: Good to hear from you again. This text seems to play right into the hands of those who think that ...
Salvation.2/9/2009
  Q: That would be great! But I what if when I thought the sky was lit,it was jsut the lighting int he ...
  A: Iím glad you want me to study the Bible with you. Iíll do the best I can, but it will mean that ...
king david2/9/2009
  Q: we are taught king david had 7 older brothers but only 6 are named...i've thought anywhere from well ...
  A: The text that gives us the information for which you seek is this: 1 Sam 16:10 Jesse had seven of ...
Salvation.2/8/2009
  Q: Wait so GOD came to earth through Jesus? That is fascinating because I never thought of that. I ...
  A: Corrina, Yeah, that was cool! Iím so happy that you talked to God, and you can be sure that He ...
2 king 4:102/8/2009
  Q: what is the bibical means of the bed, table, stool and a candelstick?
  A: Actually, this is part of a story that begins with verse 8 and runs down to verse 37. The room with ...
Appearance of sin2/6/2009
  Q: I'm a Christian as well as my husband. Our nephew (who is also a Christian) recently fell on ...
  A: Donít do it! The Bible says: ďThou shalt not commit adultery.Ē Ex. 20:14. Putting them in the same ...
Bible info2/5/2009
  Q: I understand that there are Christian bibles with 66 books in them, and other Christian bible with ...
  A: The Protestant Bible has 66 books, and the Catholic Bible adds several in what is referred to as the ...
Question.2/2/2009
  Q: When the Bible say He and Him,does the Bible mean GOD or Jesus? Also are Jesus and GOD the same? I ...
  A: He and Him are used hundreds of times in the Bible. You need to look at the surrounding texts to ...
Bible info2/1/2009
  Q: What verses of what chapters, of what books, of the bible, answers/ addresses, the question? What ...
  A: You have three items here that you wish me to address: 1. What verses of what chapters, of what ...
My Fault?1/30/2009
  Q: Well I somehow feel like this is my fault.He said that I could stop talking to him whenever I wanted ...
  A: Corrina, Yes, maybe it was your fault. But thatís in the past. Have you asked Jesus to forgive you? ...
Salvation.1/28/2009
  Q: So are you saying that since I did this then I am not saved or have I just backslided?
  A: (Sorry, CGLLR) Iím glad you havenít become discouraged over the issues weíve discussed. Take heart: ...
Salvation.1/22/2009
  Q: I was thinking today and it bothered me about my salvation because I am unsure about it. I said the ...
  A: Iím so happy that you love Jesus and want to build a relationship with Him. I can identify with ...
Testing of Faith1/19/2009
  Q: Some commentators and many Christians say that God already knew about Abrahamís faith but only ...
  A: in Gen 22, and about Godís foreknowledge of the outcome. Also notice a few things we can learn from ...
help1/15/2009
  Q: where can i find in revelations or the new testament does GOD say he shall withdraw his spirit. I ...
  A: To my knowledge, there is no text in the Bible that speaks of God withdrawing His Spirit during the ...
Jesus between 12 and 3012/28/2008
  Q: What is the best argument in the Gospels (apart from Luke 2:51-52) that Jesus did not go away ...
  A: So it seems that some think that Jesus got His wisdom from some eastern religion. Thatís ...
question12/28/2008
  Q: I have a curious question. Since Jesus died for our sins, then what happened to people who died ...
  A: Jesus died for all people everywhere, everywhen, at all times and places, regardless of whether of ...
food to eat12/1/2008
  Q: Where/when did God mention that we cannot eat pork? And we cannot eat shellfish and all other kinds ...
  A: Some people wonder if Jesus said anything about clean and unclean meets, specifically pork. Actually ...
Judge not11/2/2008
  Q: Pastor Petty, I previously asked about the unfortunate situation on Pitcairn Island. In your ...
  A: The text I quoted is the first in a series, and the entire grouping helps us understand it better: ...
Pitcairn10/23/2008
  Q: I worked at the Voice of Prophecy more than 30 years ago when it was still in Glendale. At that ...
  A: I carry a warm feeling in my heart for those people and have been in active contact with several ...
Salvation / Free will10/23/2008
  Q: Petty. I've read some of your responses to other people's questions and I had something for you to ...
  A: and for sending me one of your own. I find you proposition interesting, but it doesnít line up with ...
Gog and Magog10/23/2008
  Q: What are the two present day countries that are thought to be these two countries. Is Gog, Russia? ...
  A: These two names appear in Ezekiel 38, 39 and Rev. 20:8, And represent bitter enemies of Godís ...
Bible info10/20/2008
  Q: Petty Jr. What are all the verses, of what chapters., of what books, of the Bible; that explains ...
  A: In becoming a Christian, there are several stepsóall of which can take only a few minutes, if not ...
Seperation10/13/2008
  Q: I got married on oct27, 07, my husband left me on sept 27, 08. He says that with our issues that he ...
  A: Iím so sorry to hear that your husband has left you. Iím sure that must be a terrible blow, and has ...
Siege of the Gates series10/8/2008
  Q: What prompted you to write this series? What type of longboat did you build on Pitcairn? Why did ...
  A: Did you read the books on PettyPress.com? I have had an interest in ancient civilizations since ...
Tithing10/2/2008
  Q: I was recently told that Jesus talked more about money than anything else. More than he talked ...
  A: Yes, it does appear that Jesus talked about money a lot. Many times people asked him questions about ...
question and anwsers9/30/2008
  Q: Are we suppose to pay tithes today? How many churches have God established? Should women preach.
  A: Youíve listed three, and Iíll answer them in reverse, beginning with women preachers, since tithing ...
Bible info9/29/2008
  Q: Of the different Christian Bibles that are written in English; a) What is the names of those ...
  A: There are many versions, with new ones coming out every year. It would be impossible for me to tell ...
Resurrection9/20/2008
  Q: In Paulís pinnacle statement in 1Cor. 15 did the term ďresurrectionĒ refer to spiritual ascension, ...
  A: 15. We must remember that 1 Cor. 15 was not written in a vacuum. It must be understood in the ...
Matthew9/13/2008
  Q: I am trying to identify the source of some passages I learned in a bible course I took many years ...
  A: but I cannot help you. This proverb is not in the Bible, although Iíve heard it a number of times. I ...
Bible info9/11/2008
  Q: Of the 613 Laws/commandments/rules/ordinances of the Bible; which ones still apply to Christians of ...
  A: Your question can actually be boiled down to this: Is the Old Testament still valid for Christians? ...
wishes granted?9/5/2008
  Q: John 15:7 seems too good to be true. Is this to be taken literally? Jesus also mentioned this a ...
  A: Yes, the promises of Christ are for us to receive and to enjoy. There are hundreds of them in the ...
Bibilical requirements for forgiveness9/1/2008
  Q: We're taught that if we confess our sins that we're forgiven but I'm not well read enough to know if ...
  A: Yes, the Bible says: 1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God ...
masterbation7/25/2008
  Q: Is masturbation against Catholic religion? How does the church look at masturbation?
  A: I'm not a Catholic, so I don't know what the church teaches on this subject. but I know many ...
3 unclean spirits7/11/2008
  Q: In revelations it talks about three unclean spirits coming out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast ...
  A: spirits and the beast, dragon, and false prophetóre: the miracles that take place. Lets talk about ...
marriage gone wrong6/30/2008
  Q: my husband and i are separated at this time.we have been together for eight years and married for ...
  A: Iím so sorry for the pain and suffering through which you are passingóboth for the loss of your ...
what did jesus call his father6/28/2008
  Q: i was talk to a freind of my the other day and he ask me what did jesus call god and i said father ...
  A: It's not so much what I say, but what the Bible says that counts. Jesus repeatedly called God His ...
Crucifixtion6/27/2008
  Q: What would have happened if Jesus was acquitted at the trial before his crucifixtion and was allowed ...
  A: Itís interesting to stretch oneís mind about such things, but of course we cannot change history by ...
JONAH6/24/2008
  Q: WHO WAS JONAH'S MOTHER
  A: but the Bible does not tell us the name of Jonah's mother. But his father's name was Amittai. Check ...
the mark of the beast5/8/2008
  Q: i have a question about the mark of the beast.some answers i get from watching tv bible shows says ...
  A: Answer: In order to understand what the mark is, we must first find out who the beast is. We shall ...
Zion / sion5/4/2008
  Q: What are the other three names of zion / sion ? please provide scripture refrence . Fraternally ...
  A: I could not find the names you requested. However I found the following information that may be of ...
What name Christ manifested?4/25/2008
  Q: I would appreciate very much if you throw some light on the following: I have manifested thy name ...
  A: In Scripture, God has been called by many names: El ShadaióGod Almighty; ElohimóGod; and many ...
Biblical Cruelty?3/11/2008
  Q: I have always believed that God is a forgiving God. However, I have read about certain verses that ...
  A: It would seem, at first glance, that God acted unfairly in all of these incidents, and many more ...
Prayer3/10/2008
  Q: Are prayers only heard by God? Does it matter whether one prays aloud or silently?
  A: God hears all prayers that are directed to Him, whether or not they are audible. Of course prayers ...
hell3/5/2008
  Q: My name is Caroline and I have a question about what the bible says about Hell. Correct please if ...
  A: Hell is a hot topic in some churches. But itís most important that we understand this from the ...
Please help- I'm confused3/3/2008
  Q: I was told in college that God had an individual, personal plan for me, and that it would be ...
  A: But thereís no need to be confused: God has a personal plan for you AND an overarching, eternal plan ...
Ishmael3/3/2008
  Q: What's the deal with Ishmael? There seem to be 2 different accounts of him. One in which he grows in ...
  A: There are several points here that are not apparent from a simple reading of the text: Ishmael was ...
Names of God2/28/2008
  Q: Can you list all the names of God in both new /old testaments, then list hebrew/tradional way of ...
  A: However, this sounds very much like a homework assignment, and that's not the purpose for my work on ...
Theology2/25/2008
  Q: Good morning. I am an R/C from Bombay, India. I am very much interested in Bible studies and ...
  A: Sin has many aspects, but the underlying cause and definition remain the same: Breaking Godís law; ...
righteousness in christ2/21/2008
  Q: I am looking to find several verses in the bible that prove that we inherited Christ's righteousness ...
  A: His righteousness was connected with his resurrection, but it goes much further than thatóit touches ...
Bible question2/17/2008
  Q: Is Masturbation and watching porn okay according to the Bible or is it a sinful activities?
  A: Many people have difficulty understanding the relationship of these things with the Bible. There are ...
The Perfect Scripture2/10/2008
  Q: Last week, my husband left me for another woman. I am very devastated, of course. Valentines day is ...
  A: I can see from your question that you are crushed, broken hearted. This is a very difficult time for ...
Guidance/Direction and the Bible1/21/2008
  Q: I have a question but am not sure how to phrase it, so please forgive me if I sound a bit unclear. ...
  A: The experience youíre having is common to all those who have a relationship with God. We all want to ...
question about writing in the Bible12/31/2007
  Q: My question may seem a bit unusual, but can you tell me something related to "writing" in the Bible ...
  A: I am a writer, and have long been involved with the study of the Bible. All of the things I have ...
"for I know where I came from...." John 8:14b12/19/2007
  Q: I am a Christian and have a question about John 8:14 part B. In part 'A' of John 8:14, Jesus makes ...
  A: 14. Read the entire chapter in order to get the context of what is going on. Starting with verse 12 ...
Temperance12/18/2007
  Q: What do the bible say about temperance?
  A: Perhaps the basic rule would be this: Total abstinence from that which is harmful, and moderate use ...
Study Bibles12/12/2007
  Q: Which study Bible would you recommend from the following: life application, ryrie, or scofield? (I ...
  A: I've heard that Nelson's is good. I'm not acquainted with Life Application or Ryrie, but I would ...
Most Universal Creed of the Christian Church11/27/2007
  Q: Where do I find this in the Bible? "I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and ...
  A: There is no place in the Bible where this statement actually occurs in this way, because this is a ...
Need help with some verses...11/16/2007
  Q: I am needing help finding some verses, that I was hoping were in the bible, that you might be ...
  A: Christians are different, all right. Perhaps it stems from the law quoted by Jesus: Mat 22:37 ...
Moses11/2/2007
  Q: How many times was Moses married? Was one of his wives Black? Please support both answers with ...
  A: Moses. There is no evidence that Moses was married more than once. The only wife of which the ...
Conversed with God10/24/2007
  Q: Thurman Good afternoon, I'm curious about who were the actual people who spoke/conversed with God ...
  A: Yes, there have been many who talked with God. Abraham, at the oaks of Mamre when he welcomed the ...
ten commandments10/22/2007
  Q: How does the wording from Exodus 20:8 ("Remember the Sabbath")to Deuteronomy 5:12 ("observe the ...
  A: The wording of the commandment as found in Exodus 20:8 is the original, written by the finger of God ...
Genesis10/10/2007
  Q: In Bible study class we are studying Genesis. Several of us wonder why was it mentioned that the ...
  A: The Scriptures don't really tell us anything more than that. But I would assume that the east gate ...
Seraphs - Seraphim10/7/2007
  Q: G'day, I go to the Ballarat Family Church of Christ here in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. Our ...
  A: Kev, Thanks for your question about the Seraphim. I wish I could help you, but to my knowledge, ...
church10/5/2007
  Q: Is there any where in the bible that says you absolutely have to go to church?
  A: The idea behind the church is shown by the examples of Jesus and the apostles. As you quoted Mat ...
Virginity10/4/2007
  Q: This is a serious question, I am not a prankster, I have never understood the viginity cloth of the ...
  A: Looking back 2500-3000 years at a custom is difficult at best. This custom evidently makes no sense ...
transsubstantiation10/4/2007
  Q: I'm curious about early beliefs on transubstantiation. (I hope I'm spelling this correctly). I have ...
  A: I realize that the Roman church believes that the wafer and wine, after they intone the proper ...
NAOS: Temple9/16/2007
  Q: In the ancient greek - the word NAOS referred not just to the temple as a whole, but to the inner ...
  A: You are right in saying that the body is the NAOS of the Holy Spirit. If the Spirit is there, there ...
Jesus, fear9/12/2007
  Q: I have been thinking and can't figure this out because I believe the Bible is silent on it. When ...
  A: The Bible says: Mat 26:36 Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he ...
ezekiel9/10/2007
  Q: Ezekiel 26: 1-13, "Now it came about in the eleventh year ... that the word of the Lord came to me ...
  A: Chris, Read Daniel 2 and compare it with history. It confirmed my faith in the Bible. Read about ...
end times9/9/2007
  Q: I recently came across an internet blog where someone stated that nowhere in the bible is there ...
  A: The text you are looking for is found in KJV: Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good ...
Eph 1:39/8/2007
  Q: In Ephesians 1:3 paul states that we are blessed with every spiritual blessing in heaven: Am I ...
  A: I think youíll find the answer to your question in the context of the verse: Eph 1:1 (NIV) Paul, an ...
Head Coverings7/2/2007
  Q: Does the scripture address the requirement for women's head coverings in church, and if so, does it ...
  A: The only text that comes to mind is: 1 Cor 11:13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to ...
Question about religion6/17/2007
  Q: What is armageddon and the day of reckoning? Are they mentioned anywhere in the bible besides ...
  A: The word "Armageddon" appears only in Revelation: Rev 16:12-16 (NIV) "The sixth angel poured out ...
Question4/17/2007
  Q: Where in the bible can you find the phrase the lord is. Like in Exdus 9:27 which says the lord is ...
  A: Here is a sampling (I tried to skip repitions). You can find these kind of things by using a good ...
ezekiel4/9/2007
  Q: 17Ē Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Art thou not he of whom I have spoken in old time through my ...
  A: A lot has been written about Gog and Magog through the years, but most of it is only speculation. ...
A Summary4/6/2007
  Q: Can you please give me a summary of John 19:26-27
  A: 26, 27: John 19:26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing ...
Love Chapter4/6/2007
  Q: My mind is drawing a complete blank on where to find on Love. The Love Chapter. I know it is fouinbd ...
  A: I've copied it below. The actual statement of Paul about love is found in verses 4-8a. The rest of ...
Knowledge3/29/2007
  Q: What does Genesis 3:22 mean, when god says now they have become like us,they know good and evil? I ...
  A: Nice to hear from you again. After Adam and Eve sinned they had learned of their punishment and the ...
wishing death3/23/2007
  Q: What passages in the Bible could I refer someone to that is wishing death on a person? Not because ...
  A: Ē Iím sorry your friend has this difficulty. There are many Bible passages that treat this very ...
A summary of some bible verses3/21/2007
  Q: Can you give me a summary of Romans 8:31-39?I would also like to how these verses can apply to a ...
  A: 8 and how it would relate to someone who feels like an outcast. First, lets look at the Scripture: ...
Adam and Eve3/2/2007
  Q: When God created Adam, why didn't he create Eve at the same time? He obviously knew Adam would need ...
  A: There are two lessons, among others, that God wanted to teach mankind when He created them. 1. He ...
translations2/24/2007
  Q: Can you please tell me which English translations of the Bible are directly from the Classical ...
  A: As you suggest, there are a number of translations which are 3-4 generations from the original text. ...
celibacy2/18/2007
  Q: I'd like to ask you about the vows of chastity which are connected with the celibacy. As for the ...
  A: It is true that Jesus never married. But that doesnít mean He was against marriage. Youíll remember ...
Prayer2/15/2007
  Q: How did Jesus teach Christians to pray? I have heard prayer must come from the tongue of the ...
  A: Dear Jim, Iím not Pastor Carpenter, but I can answer your question. Jesus always prayed to ...
Marriage and the Bible2/14/2007
  Q: My parents have not been supportive of my marriage (27 months of marriage). Their disapproval has ...
  A: Dear Tina, Iím so sorry that you have such pain as a result of your parentís attitude ...
baptism1/31/2007
  Q: "Is water baptism essential for salvation? Was Jesus talking about water or the Holy Spirit when He ...
  A: Dear Pastor Rich, Thank you for your question about baptism. Yes, baptism is necessary for ...
Theophilus1/11/2007
  Q: Basically, I would like to know who is he,Theophilus, what is he and where did he come from, that ...
  A: James, There is no information, to my knowledge, about the identy of this man. He must have been ...
the new testament times1/10/2007
  Q: What can you tell me about the social stratification of the New Testament Times? Thanks very much!
  A: Elaine, This question is a bit too broad for me to handle. I suggest you read the book "Manners and ...
temple vs synagouge1/3/2007
  Q: Could you please share your knowledge on the differences between the Jerusalem temple and the ...
  A: The Temple was specifically ordained by God as the place where He was to be worship through ...
Trinity1/3/2007
  Q: I think the Trinity is strange: why did God present himself as 3 things (does it actually say this ...
  A: Let me share with you just a few of the many texts that the Bible uses to describe the ...
Predestination1/2/2007
  Q: I have plenty of biblical backing for conscious choice of salvation Are there any supporting ...
  A: I couldn't agree with you more. Here's an answer I sent to someone else who asked about this ...
trials7/26/2006
  Q: Not sure if the scripture is in the Bible or if it is just a saying. I'm looking for a scripture ...
  A: Dear Sherrie, Thank you for your question. I think the verses you want are: Mat 7:28 And ...
Jesus, the Gentiles and Samarians7/21/2006
  Q: Why does Jesus instruct the apostles NOT to go among the Gentiles or Samaritans, yet Jesus himself ...
  A: Dear Jeff, Thank you for your question. The text you are referring to is this: Mat 10:5 ...
church7/10/2006
  Q: 1 Timothy 3:15 "But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in ...
  A: Dear Johann, Thank you for your question about 1 Tim. 3:15, whether the pillar and ground ...
A Bible Studies Major6/14/2006
  Q: Thurman, I am a young man about to go on to bible school: majoring in bible studies, I'm excited, ...
  A: Dear Anthony, Iím filled with joy to hear of your interest to prepare for full-time work ...
Lazarus, Jesus wept seeing Mary's sorrow5/31/2006
  Q: for being available for this question. God bless you and your ministries. Here is my question... ...
  A: Dear Maria, I like your poem. You capture the emotion of the moment through Mary, and ...
Ezekial 28:13- in the King...4/18/2006
  Q: Ezekial 28:13- in the King James version the last sentence of the verse says: "the workmanship of ...
  A: Dear Johann, Thank you for your question about the adornment of Lucifer (see Isa 14.12-14). ...
Jesus on divorce and remarriage1/19/2006
  Q: 19:9, specifically His use of the word apoulo (put away). In this context, was Jesus telling them ...
  A: 19.9. Here is the statement in context: Mat 19:3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They ...
Gone fishing12/14/2005
  Q: I am writing on behalf of a dear friend of mine, who 3 years ago very seriously tried to take his ...
  A: I'm not sure how to answer this because you haven't given me much to go by. The only text that seems ...
Garden of Eden location.11/17/2005
  Q: Where on earth is the garden of Eden located specifically? What is the lattitude and longitude of ...
  A: Unfortunately that Garden is no longer on earth. The Flood occurred about 1600 from Creation and ...
Why does God allow war?11/17/2005
  Q: Why does God allow war with all its killing and raping? Since God is the one who decides the outcome ...
  A: The picture on our planet looks pretty bleak, doesn't it. And according to Bible prophecy, it will ...
Methuselah11/17/2005
  Q: Jesus said, "No man cometh unto the father except through the son", so how did Methuselah make it to ...
  A: Enoch, who went to heaven without dieing, and Methuselah, and all the others who believed in and ...
Kicked out of Eden9/19/2005
  Q: In a paragraph or so, can you tell me why Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden?
  A: God told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. He had the ...
Bible Questions5/30/2005
  Q: From your profile you have an extensive background in biblical studies. I feel an answer from you ...
  A: I'll do my best to share with you Biblical answers. 1. God has no beginning and no ending. He lives ...
Can Satan Heal5/25/2005
  Q: Last night in Bible study the question about whether or not Satan has the power to actually heal a ...
  A: I am not Pastor Carpenter, I'm Pastor Petty. For some reason the computer sent your question to me. ...
Bible verses about Church?3/21/2005
  Q: I was just wondering if there are any strong verses in the bible that talk about the absolute need ...
8th day of creation11/15/2004
  Q: i've been a catholic all my life. and now in the past few years i've had an intrest in searching ...
  A: It is easy to make statements, but sometimes it is harder to prove them from Scripture. The Bible ...
hell10/26/2004
  Q: After recently conducting a study of the concept of hell, I have come to a preliminary belief that, ...
  A: It appears to me that you've done your homework. I see no difficulty at all in your conclusions. ...
inheritance10/13/2004
  Q: Thurman, When the New Testament talks about the believer's "inheritance", do you think the ...
  A: The reward that Jesus has for His people is given according to what he does in this life. We are ...
joseph9/16/2004
  Q: I'm writing a story about Joseph and his coloured coat and need answers to the following questions ...
  A: September 16, 2004 Allexperts.com question I'm writing a story about Joseph and his colored coat ...
Shelumiel8/16/2004
  Q: Could you tell me what Shelumiel (mentioned several times in Numbers) did? I have found his name ...
  A: The only thing I could find was an entry in a Bible dictionary: Shelumiel (she\\ģ-lu\\'mě-e¨l). ...
Female Prophets?8/4/2004
  Q: Petty, Recently I saw "The Passion of the Christ." I was born and raised a Catholic and my wife ...
  A: I have not seen ďThe PassionĒ and have no intention of seeing it. I have read many times about the ...
condensed version?7/27/2004
  Q: I've always been interested in the bible and the stories in it. Unfortuneatly I find it too boring ...
  A: Although I'm not familiar with cliff's notes, there are many ways to solve your problem. You can get ...
chapter 1 of the book of Jonah6/30/2004
  Q: I was wondering if you could explain or find out what the book of Jonah in the Old Testament means ...
  A: The book of Jonah is the story of a prophet who refused to do what God asked Him to do. And this ...
Noah's animals.6/19/2004
  Q: I know this may be a strange question to ask, butI need to know or at least be able to take an ...
  A: The following text will answer yourGen 7:2 (KJV) Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by ...
Fire In Hell?6/15/2004
  Q: Is there fire in hell? Also, does God have a body? And is he a man (Exodus 15:3)? What about the ...
  A: Is there fire in hell? Also, does God have a body? And is he a man (Exodus 15:3)? What about the ...
KJV6/10/2004
  Q: Most marketing materials of modern Bible versions claim that the King James Bible is based on ...
  A: Although the King James Version is flawed in some respects (as are all those things that have been ...
relationships5/30/2004
  Q: We all know that God forbids homosexual acts but loves homosexual persons. If a homosexual couple in ...
  A: May 31, 2004 Dear Mary, Before I answer your question specifically, I believe we need to get an ...
Recently I have been hearing...5/18/2004
  Q: Recently I have been hearing a preacher talk about the divine providence of God. That everything ...
  A: Sometimes it is that way, sometimes it is not. Let me give you some examples. After reminding them ...
Cain's wife5/18/2004
  Q: I have a question regarding a couple of verses from the KJV. Genesis 4:16 And Cain went out from the ...
  A: The woman Cain married was obviously his sister. Josephus, a first-century Jewish Historian, tells ...

All Questions in This Category

Bible Studies

Thurman C. Petty, Jr.

Top Expert on this page