Bible Studies/Questions Answered by Expert Marilyn

SubjectDate Asked
Did the Jews Kill JESUS ?11/22/2016
  Q: I've been a Christain for some time now and I'm starting to search and questions things in the BIBLE ...
  A: Jesus' death was a collaborative effort between the Jews, specifically the Jewish religious leaders, ...
Biblical View of Unmarried Motherhood12/6/2015
  Q: Over the past years, there are fewer and fewer children born to married parents. When I grew up, ...
  A: There is no verse in the Bible that obviously and without question that explicitly states God wants ...
Christmas Celebration.10/30/2015
  Q: Christmas Day is celebrated for the birth of Lord Jesus Christ. Will you be against lighting Fire ...
  A: Typically we do not shoot off fireworks until New Year's Eve and during the first day of the new ...
Spouse Handling Sexual Assault8/5/2015
  Q: My wife and I are Christians. We waited for each other without having sex and without ...
  A: First of all, forgive your wife. I don’t know her side of it, but I doubt she intended to be ...
isaiah 555/23/2015
  Q: I would like to know about Isaiah 55 verses "7 Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his ...
  A: Yes, you are correct. That is one way to look at it. Isaiah is also talking about how a person ...
Love your enemies psalm.2/19/2015
  Q: In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following ...
  A: Yes, it is possible to love our enemies in the 21st century. They don't deserve it. We do it because ...
1985 Hodges-Farstad Greek New Testament9/9/2014
  Q: Where can the "1985 Hodges-Farstad The Greek New Testament According to the Majority Text with ...
  A: I do not know. Bible Hub, the site I use most frequently, has available eight different versions, ...
Birth date of Lord Jesus Christ.5/25/2014
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus We are in the 21st century current year being 2014. As ...
  A: When Wikipedia says that Jesus was born sometime around 4-6 BC to 30-33 AD it doesn't mean ...
Angels4/22/2014
  Q: What can you tell me about angels in the Bible? Who are they, where do they come from and what ...
  A: Genesis 1:1 opens with, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." In the middle of ...
study of christianity2/28/2014
  Q: am 21year old male and i follow hinduism. i want to learn about christianity and bible in depth as i ...
  A: For a fast start, begin with Genesis then move on to the four Gospels in the New Testament, Matthew, ...
"I and the Father are One," John 10:30" Caller wrote at 2008-09-29 15:55:231/27/2014
  Q: This is what you said in your response to Mohammad. "Monotheism according to Islam is Allah and ...
  A: Yes, Jesus and His human parents were Jews. Christianity comes directly out of Judaism. If Jesus is ...
continuance of Paul12/12/2013
  Q: Very good response, Marilyn. I am not a student of Revelation, nor bible prophecy so I will not ...
  A: Phil; Jesus certainly knocked Paul off his horse and turned him around 180 degrees. Jesus certainly ...
Paul12/7/2013
  Q: What credibility/authority does the word of the apostle Paul have?
  A: People have had trouble with Paul from the beginning. The Apostle Peter wrote, "Bear in mind that ...
head covering in worship10/21/2013
  Q: Good Day I was just reading 1 cor. 11, and was wondering if the bible speaks of head covering for ...
  A: First Corinthians 11 is the only place that mentions a woman covering her head or how long a woman's ...
Prayer10/6/2013
  Q: Are there any studies on the affect on others as well as the mind of others? I have read studies on ...
  A: There are scientific studies out there attempting to measure prayer's effectiveness. Some studies ...
exoic dreams8/9/2013
  Q: Well when I sleep I try not to dream of sex but I happen to sometimes without knowing.....i dream of ...
  A: The Lord is not angry with you. He knows you don't have control of your mind in the same way when ...
TRINITY4/24/2013
  Q: I believe in the Trinity. But how I could explain others who doubt the 'separate entity of Jesus' ...
  A: The triune nature of God is a huge challenge for us, even though we are triune beings ourselves. We ...
Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.3/15/2013
  Q: http:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWBMQAqfIY ...
  A: Jesus said, "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and ...
Holy Bible Teachings.3/13/2013
  Q: 1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ? The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament ...
  A: Please pray that the Lord will break the drought in our area. Day after day for over 2 years we have ...
Catholicism and Protestantism.2/18/2013
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism What are the ...
  A: First, let's define the word "church." As I understand it, the word "church" has four definitions: ...
The twelve tribes of Israel..?12/1/2012
  Q: Why did God not include the tribe of Ephraim in Revelations, as one of the tribes to consist of the ...
  A: Lola; Listings of the twelve tribes of Israel don't always show the same names: Genesis 35:22-25; ...
silencing spirits11/28/2012
  Q: The following is something you had written...can you tell me where you get the 24 hours? Thanks ...
  A: I said "24 hours" because that is how long I've observed this type of prayer/command-in-Jesus'-Name ...
Original Sin and Morality10/31/2012
  Q: how are you? You may not like my question, but I will ask it anyway, because I am curious to see ...
  A: "Socrates in the City" edited by Eric Metaxas is a collection of lectures given by various Christian ...
Matthew 11:1110/10/2012
  Q: What did the Lord mean by, "He that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he [John]?
  A: John the Baptist was the last of the Old Testament prophets. He preached a message of repentance in ...
Christianity and Slavery8/12/2012
  Q: Given The Bible as an unchanging Foundation and Rock, and not to be of private even peculiar ...
  A: Unlike the Koran, which is not open to interpretation, the Bible is open to interpretation. It is an ...
Bible Studies6/17/2012
  Q: In Matthew, it was Mary who got pregnant when the Holy Spirit came upon her, Why then was the ...
  A: God promised David that he would have a Son on the throne of Israel forever, II Samuel, "And your ...
rapture5/21/2012
  Q: When I read 2 Thessalonians 2:7, I immediately thought of "The Church" and the Holy Spirit as the ...
  A: Howdy Scott; The only Being who has the power and authority to hold Anti-Christ back is the Holy ...
herodius or phillip3/25/2012
  Q: i wonder if the ruler who's step daughter danced for him and pleased him so much that he would have ...
  A: It seems extreme to us, to be sure. I watched the news with my Dad most evenings when I was a kid. ...
bible question....3/23/2012
  Q: I was speaking with a Muslim man a few days ago,and he was telling me that Jesus was not crucified. ...
  A: Read NT Wright's book, "How God Became King," if you're serious about the answer to this question. ...
duplicate chapter in Bible3/18/2012
  Q: A number of years ago I found that there was a duplication of one chapter in the Bible. I do not ...
  A: Admittedly, I haven't noticed this before, though I had noticed that I and II Chronicles and I and ...
Was or became1/16/2012
  Q: I would like to know which manuscripts present "was" and which ones present "became" in Genesis 1:2.
  A: Greetings; Modern Bible translators use all available copies of the ancient texts to come up with ...
Lazarus1/14/2012
  Q: Luke 16:25 (NIV) But Abraham replied, '...while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted ...
  A: I'm glad to hear from you again. Suffering is a part of this world and everyone suffers to greater ...
Faith in Jesus and Works10/11/2011
  Q: Long time no hear, Marilyn [Ponichar]. = Given, John 3:16-17, James 2:20-22, Ephesians 2:9, and John ...
  A: Paul says, "If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that Jesus ...
Spirits9/30/2011
  Q: My daughter says there is a verse on letting people into your house that might have a spirit on them ...
  A: I don't know of a specific verse that matches that criteria, but I'm not sure I understand your ...
Creation and fossil findings9/7/2011
  Q: Can you guide me as to the best authors/sources that tackle the issues of fossil findings and how ...
  A: I congratulate you on the beginning of your adventure into God's Word. There is a simple ...
King David6/10/2011
  Q: The Bible tells us the names of King David's brothers, but I can't find anything else about them. ...
  A: While David was on the run from Saul, he sent his parents to Moab, I Samuel 22:3. I Chronicles 2:16 ...
Divorce,5/14/2011
  Q: I am paul writing from the island of malta in the middle of the mediterranean. This month in Malta ...
  A: The prophet Malachi wrote, "Another thing you do: You flood the LORD's altar with tears. You weep ...
unbelievers4/17/2011
  Q: john wrote at 2011-04-12 03:42:19 Below is a study on how a Christian should deal with unbelievers ...
  A: A marriage is the most intimate relationship and the foundation of the family. Paul wrote in I ...
Question in the King James Bible4/16/2011
  Q: Where in the bible, that it talks about when god kicked satan out of heaven, also and how he gave us ...
  A: Two prophets begin by prophesying about two kings and end up talking about the power behind the ...
was Jesus crucified?4/2/2011
  A: I understand that Muslims believe that the Old Testament and the New Testament are the Word of God, ...
religious with no religion3/8/2011
  Q: Can a person be considered tremendously religious without being part of an organized or formal ...
  A: The online Mirriam-Webster dictionary defines religious as: RELIGIOUS 1 : relating to or ...
Fellowship with unbelievers3/6/2011
  Q: My husband and son are shunning me right now because I associate with my unsaved daughter. They say ...
  A: The concept of separation in the Bible refers to two kinds: 1) to be separate from whatever is ...
john 16;112/17/2011
  Q: what does this mean, I just cant figure it out. John 16:11 "and about judgment, because the prince ...
  A: I interpret this verse in the context of other passages. For example, Colossians 2:15 says, "And ...
Human, Woman, Man: Creation Order?2/7/2011
  Q: Why is the order of creation man then woman, and not woman then man? Also why is man mentioned so ...
  A: God created Adam first because it was to Adam that He gave the power to begat souls. Scripture says ...
Sin2/4/2011
  Q: Christianity beleives that everybody is born in sin. Just because Adam and Eve disobeyed God ,every ...
  A: I will write this answer in my own words. If you would like the Scripture references from the Bible ...
OLD TESTAMENT and NEW TESTAMENT ?1/27/2011
  Q: Why read the old testament when the New testament kinda over-rides the the Old Testament ? It seems ...
  A: From notes in the Scofield Bible regarding the Sabbath found in conjunction with Matthew 12:1: ...
Genesis1/25/2011
  Q: Who wrote Genesis and When?
  A: Moses wrote the book of Genesis circa 1450-1410 B.C. Circumstances of his day and his position ...
First Born1/24/2011
  Q: Where in history or religion doesn't state about how the first man and woman came upon this earth, ...
  A: Genesis chapter 1 & 2 describe how the the universe, the earth, animals and man were created. ...
Is a woman's place in the home?1/1/2011
  Q: I am a Christian woman who has returned to study after many years of looking after a large family. I ...
  A: Proverbs 31:10-31 describes a working woman who does it all and has it all. As an example: "She ...
Faith12/9/2010
  Q: Are Healing faith and Saving faith are same or different type?
  A: I Corinthians 12:4-11 discusses spiritual gifts. Verse 9 says, "...to another faith by the same ...
Inverse Pascal Wager11/29/2010
  Q: INVERSE PASCAL'S WAGER I'm sure you have heard of Pascal's Wager sometimes used to Evangelize ...
  A: First, what is the doctrine of Christ? The first five chapters of the book of Hebrews teach us ...
Salvation & Hell11/23/2010
  Q: John 16:8 - When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness ...
  A: I suppose you could say "salvation is not a necessity if there is no Hell." The big problem with ...
christianity11/18/2010
  Q: What are four basic factors that should be included when describing a spiritual person? Explain and ...
  A: You name "four basic factors." Frankly, I had not thought of a spiritual person as being ...
Answering Prayers10/21/2010
  Q: Refrence 1 John 3:22 & John 9:31 Does God answer prayers of sinners/unsaved?
  A: Magic's appeal is the idea that there's some set of words we can say which will compel God to do ...
Why People fall?10/18/2010
  Q: Why some worshipers fall backwards when Pastors lay hands on them to Bless? This act repeats on ...
  A: The event is called "slain in the Spirit" and is attributed to the Holy Spirit surrounding and ...
Sexual Immorality10/17/2010
  Q: Is fornication or sexual immorality classified as adultery? That would make it a sin of the ...
  A: Fornication is sex between unmarried persons. Adultery is sex involving at least one married person ...
Christ in hell10/10/2010
  Q: Where does it say in the bible that Christ took some key from Satan? I know he is the angel with the ...
  A: Revelation 1:18, Jesus is speaking, "I am the Living One, I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever ...
bible9/3/2010
  Q: 32.If someone belives that IF there is a holy spirit then he is evil have they commited blaphemy ...
  A: The context of Matthew 12:32 is the battle between Jesus and the Pharisees. Jesus challenged their ...
The book of Genesis8/18/2010
  Q: MOST OF MY STUDYING OF THE BIBLE HAS BEEN THE NEW TESTAMENT. I DO READ THE OLD TEST. IT JUST HASN'T ...
  A: Well, there's two "theories" on this and it comes down to a matter of reason--that is how a person ...
Taking the Lord's supper in an unworthy manner8/16/2010
  Q: i was wondering if you could tell me will God punish us in THIS LIFETIME if we eat the Lords supper ...
  A: The passage to which you refer is I Corinthians 11. It must be read in context. What were the ...
atheism7/21/2010
  Q: How do you personally talk to atheists? It seems pointless. I'm talking to someone right now, ...
  A: Talking to atheists is very difficult. An atheist may insist he has no religion, but he does. ...
help finding scripture7/20/2010
  Q: There are 2 scriptures addressing leaving a congregation. one is if you leave, leave quickly and ...
  A: I admit, I haven't found the Scriptures you are asking about. Here are the ones dealing with leaving ...
Armageddon, end time7/14/2010
  Q: I am a saved born again believer, my partner and I are raising 6 kids together. I finally came to ...
  A: The Apostle Paul wrote about the "rapture" of the church--the snatching away. Two places where he ...
Judas6/21/2010
  Q: Did Judas go to heaven?
  A: Paul says in Romans 10:9 & 10, "...if you will confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe ...
healing6/8/2010
  Q: can satin heal?
  A: If you mean, satan, rather than satin, no he can't heal. I heard Nicky Cruz talking about voo doo ...
word meaning5/4/2010
  Q: Someone told me that La El means "property of" or "belongs to God" is this accurate/
  A: The name La'el appears in Numbers 3:24 and it does mean "belongs to God." Admittedly, I am not an ...
the apostles4/26/2010
  Q: did the apostles recieve salvation in the book of john the 21st chapter and 22,23 verse along with ...
  A: Paul wrote in Romans 10:9 & 10, "...if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in ...
Divinations such as Numerology4/23/2010
  Q: Im wondering what the bible says about Divination arts such as Astrology and Numerology and also ...
  A: The Bible's overall teaching on any method of obtaining information about the future is negative. ...
Is there a God4/9/2010
  Q: Warmest greetings to you. On the above mentioned subject, we are aware that the atheists require ...
  A: Ultimately, whatever a human being chooses to believe, he chooses to believe it by faith. This is ...
Witnessing to others who do not believe in Jesus but Alla4/8/2010
  Q: Where in the bible can I find the scriptures that state that jesus is Lord. I know he is but I have ...
  A: Begin by praying for your Muslim friends. The Holy Spirit is the One who woos the person in his ...
Bible??3/9/2010
  Q: Why do some Christian people assume that prophecy,speaking in tongues,healing etc are not valid for ...
  A: American Christians run the gamut from people who are about as cold and dead as a fish to people who ...
seals3/8/2010
  Q: hi i am wondering what seal we are in? and i dont really understand the seals could you explain what ...
  A: Revelation 1-3 describes the "church age" which began at Pentecost in Acts 2. The churches described ...
How to Combat Unclean Spirits3/4/2010
  Q: How are we as believers to combat unclean spirits once we are aware of their presence? Also how can ...
  A: John said to "test the spirits," I John 4:1. "This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every ...
Gender3/4/2010
  Q: What does the Bible say about issues surrounding transgenderism? More specifically about those who ...
  A: When Adam sinned, death entered his body and all the potential lives he carried in his sperm. When ...
Evolution2/25/2010
  Q: honestly I don't expect you to know about this... but I couldn't find any other thing that could ...
  A: Genesis 1:24, "And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds..."" ...
David and Jesus from the Tribe Of Judah?2/23/2010
  Q: David and Jesus are from the tribe of Judah. Where in the Bible is this verified with scriptural ...
  A: Judah was a son of Jacob by Leah, Genesis 29:35; 35:23 I Chronicles 2:1. In I Chronicles 2 the sons ...
String Theories2/22/2010
  Q: I just read an article by "Shawn" on the topic of *Theist* String Theory, Multiple (sub)-Universes, ...
  A: That's a good point. I think Shawn touched on the idea that we cannot perceive God unless He shows ...
Divorce from God.2/12/2010
  Q: Why does God persistently allow the creation of nation systems, intentionally constitutionally ...
  A: 1) Why does God allow creation of world systems divorced from Him? "...God's gifts and His call are ...
Or was this a hack, impersonating yourself?1/17/2010
  Q: My email name is LoneRubberDragon, if you go to my comments page, the fourth comment has the domain. ...
  A: I recently received the your e-mail address through this venue. I am the person who posted the ...
Lukes Gospel1/11/2010
  Q: What are the distinctive emphases of Luke`s gospel? I`ve struggled with this and find it really hard ...
  A: Compared to the other three gospels, Luke has a more human taste to it. Matthew seems to focus on ...
The Name of Jesus and Joshua11/24/2009
  Q: I hope all things are well with you, things are great over here, just getting ready for the Big ...
  A: Yes, Yeshua, which in English is Joshua and Jesus (Iesus according to some) in Greek, was a popular ...
What does this Scripture mean?11/16/2009
  Q: hope all is well. My next question to you is about Philippians 2:6-11, now while having a ...
  A: Since Jesus and the Father are One, how can there be conflict? Jesus is the Greek for Yeshua, ...
What does mean?? Is this speaking of us??11/11/2009
  Q: Hey Marilyn, hope all is well, I have aquestion for you concerning scripture, specifically ...
  A: Doing fine. Always glad to hear from you. I subscribe to the belief that the Rapture, the Catching ...
Bible study on God destroying things10/16/2009
  Q: I'm trying to work on a Bible study where God (or somebody ordered by God) destroys something and ...
  A: The first thing I'm aware of that God destroys is all life except Noah and his family in Genesis 6. ...
Scientific errors and contradictions in Bible10/4/2009
  Q: I have came across many scientific errors and contradictions in the Bible. Can you please refute ...
  A: 1) The ant has a queen, but does she actually boss any other ants around or do they do what they do ...
What languages could Jesus speak??9/24/2009
  Q: My question to you is this. What languages was Jesus able to speak during His time here on earth, I ...
  A: I think Jesus also spoke Greek. He used the term "hypocrite," from the Greek, "hypokrites," which ...
Krsna8/29/2009
  Q: 1. Can you give me the top three or so of the best Krsna pictures? 2. What are the steps to become ...
  A: I'm a Christian, certainly you realize this since you posted this query in Christian Bible Studies. ...
Evolutionists' challenge...8/27/2009
  Q: Marilyn, here's one that stumped me: How does one respond to the evolutionists' claim that there ...
  A: Howdy Todd, Are you talking about judging how long human beings have been around by counting ...
the 12th Apostle after Judas8/18/2009
  Q: Under whose teachings, instructions or guideance was the twelved apostle or original desciple ...
  A: Jesus is the One who decided on 12 Apostles after an all night prayer session, Luke 6:12-16. The ...
Angels8/12/2009
  Q: where can we find white angel in the bible
  A: Angels are dressed in white and shine like the sun, but one specifically called a "white angel," no, ...
Once saved always saved??7/31/2009
  Q: I saw that you were on vacation, hope you had a good one!!! My question to you is this one, I know ...
  A: The groups mentioned in the passages above can be classified in two categories: Those who "depart ...
pre-destination7/20/2009
  Q: To what degree are we predestined to do God's will? I know, huge question. Surely we don't really ...
  A: The Apostle Paul is sometimes confusing. "His letters contain some things that are hard to ...
Is jesus God7/20/2009
  Q: Quran. 24. Or have they taken for worship (other) gods besides him? Say, "Bring your convincing ...
  A: Why do Muslims insist that Jesus must announce literally, "I am God," as the only criteria ...
Being Saved and Were The Apostles Saved.7/18/2009
  Q: I hope all is well with you and yours, I have another question for you as always. My question to you ...
  A: Matthew 10:22 and Mark 13:13 refers to those who will receive Jesus during the Great Tribulation and ...
the follower whom Jesus loved7/18/2009
  Q: Who is this person and what do you base your answer on? See the book of John for several references. ...
  A: Some argue that the reason John doesn't say "I" or identify himself is because the Gospel of John ...
bible study7/14/2009
  Q: why is it that every funeral that takes place anyone no matter what live the person lived the person ...
  A: 1) It may not be truthful to say a person is with God when everybody knows the deceased was a huge ...
Receiving Holy Spirit7/11/2009
  Q: When does one receive Holy Spirit? From Ephesians 1:13,14, I understand that we are sealed with the ...
  A: Great to hear from you. I hope you are doing well. The story of Abraham sending his servant to ...
HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT YOU TEACH7/9/2009
  Q: WHERE IS IT IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS THAT TEACHERS SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT THEY TEACH?
  A: James 3:1 & 2, "Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we ...
explain more 2 kings 4:236/22/2009
  Q: what is the understanding of her husband asking why, was she going to the prophet.he states that it ...
  A: I think it would be like saying, "Why bother the pastor, today is his day off." The New Moon and the ...
Did Moses and his people speak Hebrew?6/13/2009
  Q: I hope all is well. My next question for you is this, Did Moses and his people speak Hebrew before ...
  A: Abraham was the beginning of Hebrew. He is first called "Hebrew" in Genesis 14:13. My Scofield Bible ...
Coiuld you please elborate on this for me.6/9/2009
  Q: Greetings Marilyn, I hope all things are well with you, I have yet another piece of material that I ...
  A: Correction: The Koran began to be written in the 700's AD Hello Junior! First example: Jacob's ...
BIBLE5/29/2009
  Q: (1). According to the bible how many Jews were captured by Pharaoh ? (2). How many women in ...
  A: See the P.S. below. Thanks for your rating. Hello Lance; Depends on what you mean by "captured." ...
The Meaning of Revelations Chapter 55/21/2009
  Q: I have another question to ask you, and this concerns Revelations Chapter 5 from The Bible: ...
  A: Sorry I've taken so long to answer this question. So what do these people say exactly? I don't ...
Response to your answer 03/04/20095/14/2009
  Q: WOW!!! You really give the whole truth in a concise manner explained without bunny trails and ...
  A: Glory to God! He's made something useful of me. Thank you very much for your kind words! Often I ...
homosexual marriage4/16/2009
  Q: I have a question, to be clear, not from a legal perspective but your opinion and thoughts both ...
  A: See newly added P.S. below Hello R; Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God..." The Name English ...
1 Samuel 2 Samuel4/15/2009
  Q: Hey Marilyn, I have a question for you concerning 1 Samuel 31: 4-5 and 2 Samuel 1:1-10 Now in ...
  A: Great to hear from you again. Hope you and yours are doing well. I Samuel 31 and I Chronicles 10 ...
Man before Adam4/3/2009
  Q: could you explain Genesis 1:26 thru Genesis 1:31 in comparition or relationship to Genesis 2:2 ...
  A: Western thinking is modeled after the Greeks. Stories flow in chronological order, in a linear ...
DREAMS AND GOD3/27/2009
  Q: WERE LIKE FLAMES AND HAD A BRIGHT LIGHT AROUND THEM AND THEY WERE AT SOMETHING LIKE AN ENTRANCE WAY ...
  A: Are you a Jew? If you are a Gentile, you cannot be a Levite. As I understand it, if you're a Jew ...
Cretians3/19/2009
  Q: It's been a while, I have a question for you, most non believers believe that Cretians means ...
  A: Howdy Junior, Great to hear from you again! Been too long. This passage from Titus is a quote from ...
Impossible to Know The Truth on This Planet3/4/2009
  Q: I have been researching all religions since I was a teenager. The latest research has been on ...
  A: Let’s develop some practical criteria here, forget the “spiritual” stuff for now. The Bible is the ...
Philosophically speaking...2/25/2009
  Q: Does the real world exist? And can we believe it is the same as it appears to be?
  A: You might look for a Truth Project in your area: http://www.thetruthproject.org/ This organization ...
stating good morning in our prayer1/3/2009
  Q: I have a maybe a simple question that bothers me a little bit. In our church we have a new pastor ...
  A: The Lord looks upon the heart, I Samuel 16:7. Samuel had to learn this when it came time to anoint ...
Hard philosophy.12/5/2008
  Q: Sorry to pick on you this way, but you often have thoughtful answers, despite my irascible dragony ...
  A: Issue One: The All-Knowing God. Are all-knowing and all-seeing a completed future the same thing? ...
Bible authenticity11/23/2008
  Q: If 500 years elapsed between the last books of the old testament and 50 years or so after christs ...
  A: Forgive me, but I'm not totally sure I completely understand your question. If I have failed to ...
Bible info11/7/2008
  Q: Does the Bible say to the effect "God helps those who help themselves " ? If it dos, where in the ...
  A: The Bible does not say "God helps those who help themselves." The primary theme of the Bible is ...
Mark 9: 2311/1/2008
  Q: Mark 9: 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that ...
  A: What are your thoughts on this subject? Sincerely, Marilyn Hello Lenin, great to hear from you ...
Mary Salome10/27/2008
  Q: I cant seem to find any information on the wife of Zebedee and I would like to know her relationship ...
  A: Not a whole lot on her in the Bible. Passages mentioning the wife of Zebedee, Zebedee and their ...
CAN GOD CHANGE HIS MIND,HE DID OFTEN9/20/2008
  Q: YES GOD CAN REVERSE HIMSELF HE DID IT MANY TIMES ,REMEMBER HE WAS SENDING JONAH TO NINEVEH TO TELL ...
  A: I am completely revising this answer. The new material will be pasted here with the old answer left ...
Throne and Lamb8/21/2008
  Q: according to Bible Who is sit on the Throne in Revelation 4:10 and who is the lamb in Revelation 5:6 ...
  A: To answer this question we have to back up to Exodus 7-12. In these chapters God battles through ...
3 unclean spirits7/11/2008
  Q: In revelations it talks about three unclean spirits coming out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast ...
  A: Revelation 13, the beast comes out of the sea, the "sea" is the name given to the undifferentiated ...
Christian arbitration and "the complete type" (and a Francis Collins Note)7/3/2008
  Q: Here are a couple questions quite appropriate. (1) What passage(s) of the Bible describes Christian ...
  A: Great to hear from you again. Here's the passage you've been searching for: In Matthew 18:15-20, ...
Is Mary A Perpetual Virgin??7/2/2008
  Q: Hey Marilyn?? How are you?? I guess the title on te subject should say it all, Is Mary A Perpetual ...
  A: always great to hear from you; Mary was a virgin when she conceived the Lord Jesus by the Word of ...
Definition of Sin6/22/2008
  Q: .. I belong to Hindu religion, yet I see me always eager to study various aspects of Christianity as ...
  A: The essential definition of sin is rebellion against the will of God. The result of sin is ...
Fundametalist beliefs regarding dinosaurs6/21/2008
  Q: Fundamentalist/born again Christians claim that man and dinosaur existed at the same time. MyAre ...
  A: Christians who state that dinosaurs and human beings existed at the same time are in serious error. ...
bible question6/16/2008
  Q: who is mary, the sister of Jesus' mother? is it her son james, the less, one of Jesus' 12 disciples? ...
  A: Mary, the mother of Jesus, is mentioned in Matthew 1:16-25; Luke 1:27-56; 2:1-40. She was with ...
*Theist* String Theory, Multiple (sub)-Universes, and Higher Dimensions from the Bible6/12/2008
  Q: STRING THEORY IS STILL YOUNG As I continue reading Berlinski "The Devil's Delusion", I do see the ...
  A: Great to hear from you again. I do not think your views are either weak or sophistries. Most of ...
Heaven5/31/2008
  Q: Hope all is well, with you. My question is this. Can you gain paradise?? (Heaven) On works alone ...
  A: Howdy Junior! Great to hear from you. Jesus' half-brother, James, writes extensively about the ...
God's place in origins and science: continued from(Human and primate chromosome similarity)5/28/2008
  Q: BACKGROUND I can agree with you, that I have been digging and digging for truth for many years, now. ...
  A: AllExperts doesn’t “punish” lengthy discussions, but they have a limit on the number of “follow-ups” ...
Questions5/5/2008
  Q: Anoher question for you, This muslim believes that in these certain passages, Jesus was prostrating ...
  A: Hell Junior; Thanks for your prayers! First, since Mohammed didn't even write the Koran until over ...
The Beast5/3/2008
  Q: I hope you can help me with my query. Recend rumours about doomsday coming forth in 2012 along with ...
  A: Every person who's pinned a specific prophetic event on a particular date has been proved wrong. ...
John 10:34; revised4/30/2008
  Q: I hope all is well with you and your loved ones. I have a situation here, where a person thinks ...
  A: Howdy Junior; When God created Adam and Eve He gave them the earth, and by extension, the universe, ...
Who Can Be Saved?4/21/2008
  Q: I just read an "answer" you wrote two years ago and it really helped me better understand one of the ...
  A: Peter tells us that God doesn't want anyone to perish, but it's His heart desire that all should ...
Human and primate chromosome similarity (fixed typo)4/17/2008
  Q: In the webpage "An Evolutionary Manifesto", at UVM, the University of Vermont, that can be Googled, ...
  A: Yes, it's clear that human genetic material is virtually identical to apes, as I recall, especially ...
1) First death vs second death.4/17/2008
  Q: Why did God have Jesus only pay for the second death (of the soul), and did nothing to pay for the ...
  A: Both forms of death were paid for at the same time. Jesus was raised from the dead and given His ...
marriage and sexuality (Theology)3/26/2008
  Q: Deus Caritas Est. Good morning . My name is James N a R/c from Bombay, India.Iam a lay theologian. ...
  A: Sacrament of Marriage: The marriage ceremony, or the Sacrament of Marriage, is the formal event in ...
Giants or Nephilim in (Genisis Ch. 6 verse 4)2/25/2008
  Q: How did (Giants) come into existence. Are Nephilim cosidered spirits? Did spirits mate with humans ...
  A: According to the entry in Wikipedia, the name "Nephilim" literally means, "those causing others to ...
Sins & Virtues...!2/23/2008
  Q: ..let me admit in first place that I belong to "Hindu" Religion, yet principles of other religion ...
  A: Throughout Judaism and into Christianity--even more profoundly within Christianity--is the concept ...
Theology (Anthropology)2/19/2008
  Q: Good morning. I am a word minister, a Roman Catholic from Bombay ,India. My questions are as below: ...
  A: "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!" II ...
Alaha2/11/2008
  Q: my next question is about this, Alaha, we know it is aramaic for God, muslims say that allah is ...
  A: First, it's laughable that anyone would think that Jesus was a practicing Islamic since Mohammed ...
about Jesus and his Mother2/10/2008
  Q: Need to know the correct answer about following issues? 1- about Jesus . who is Jesus? 2- The ...
  A: Jesus was a Jewish Prophet who worked in the carpenter trade and lived in Galilee. The Bible says ...
KMT2/5/2008
  Q: Hope all has been well for you this early year. My question is about this KMT, I know that it has to ...
  A: I've vaguely heard of this, can you give me more information? KMT can mean Kennametal, an American ...
Angles in the bible1/30/2008
  Q: What are all there names and titles of what they do?
  A: The Bible only names two angels, Gabriel and Michael. Gabriel is strictly a messenger. Michael is ...
Colossians 3:22-251/9/2008
  Q: Please provide your intrepretation of Colossians 3:22-25. Thank you Lenin ANSWER: Hello Lenin; ...
  A: As far as I can discover, the Bible does not speak out specifically against slavery except for one ...
Moses12/16/2007
  Q: My question is, did Moses write the first five books in the Bible? If so is there any proof that he ...
  A: Howdy Junior; Moses is said to be the author of the first five books. Debunkers point out that he ...
The Holy Spirit12/3/2007
  Q: I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, My question to you is well...............Muslims believe ...
  A: The rest of your question from the other post: Sorry Marilyn, what I failed to tell you is that ...
Scriptures10/19/2007
  Q: I have a request for you, if you could break down these Bible quotes and their meanings for me, An ...
  A: Recently I stumbled on an atheist's blog where the person seemed to boast of stumping a Christian ...
The Zohar, and Sophia10/7/2007
  Q: How have you been? I have been praying for you as you asked, my question is what is this book of ...
  A: Great to hear from you. Thank you for your prayers! I started to read a book titled "God is a ...
Virginity10/4/2007
  Q: This is a serious question, I am not a prankster, I have never understood the viginity cloth of the ...
  A: I think the problem most of us have with the Old Testament is we don't have a clue about the culture ...
Bilble8/8/2007
  Q: This is quite a big question and I'm not sure how to answer it in the round.What are the great ...
  A: To tell how Christianity affects the world and every day life, the whole story begins with Jesus. ...
The Gospels8/6/2007
  Q: I have a question for you Marilyn, And individual who posted this response to me a few days ago, ...
  A: 1) Allah is the singular form of Elohim, which is a latent plural Name indicating a minimum of ...
The Gap Theory7/30/2007
  Q: I don't doubt that the bible is God's word. What causes me to question is this. The break between ...
  A: A P.S. appears below Hello Ed; You are precisely correct. However, there is no "gap." We are ...
paul7/29/2007
  Q: marilyn, i have often wondered what the thorn in paul's side might be. do you have any thoughts on ...
  A: Scholars have debated this question for quite awhile. Most believe Paul's thorn in the flesh was ...
Islam and The Anti-Christ7/27/2007
  Q: I just wanted to say that I thought your response to the individual who asked about the Anti-Christ ...
  A: Howdy Junior, I was kind of missing hearing from you. Thanks for your kind comments! My husband ...
Receiving and losing Salvation7/1/2007
  Q: I watch and listen to Christian evangelican teachers quit a bit. Some teachers like Harold Camping ...
  A: I've added some further thougts at the end, below. Dear Vic; I have heard bits of John Hagee’s ...
Day of Reckoning6/17/2007
  Q: What is armageddon and the day of reckoning? Are they mentioned anywhere in the bible besides ...
  A: The name "Armageddon" appears in Revelation 16:16. It refers to the ancient hill and Valley of ...
Atheists6/2/2007
  Q: how was your vacation? I just wanted to show you a few posts this Atheist person wrote to see if you ...
  A: I need to correct an error--the Jewish temple didn't have a dome, it had a flat roof, but the ...
soul or spirit5/8/2007
  Q: ..it is great. My question is on the soul and the spirit. I am meant to understand that all spirits ...
  A: The revelation on the spirit realm found in the Old Testament is through a dark glass compared to ...
When Jesus was Baptized5/7/2007
  Q: When Jesus was baptized by John, why did he do so? Jesus was without sin, so my question is why? ...
  A: Why Jesus got baptized is a good question. Scholars speculate and have come up with these ideas: ...
The Catholic Church4/28/2007
  Q: I read your 4/12/07 response to Junior about Catholicism. I was taken aback by some of your ...
  A: M. Nall; Thank you for your response. Regarding Matthew 16:13-20. Jesus does a play on names ...
Mother living with us after marriage4/24/2007
  Q: I am currently facing an issue on the homefront. I am married with a 6yr old daughter. My mother ...
  A: The bad news is you may not be able to avoid hurting your mother's feelings, but if you can't live ...
why does it all fall apart4/20/2007
  Q: my life is so unblanced can't keep familey together future uncertain I am unhappy and I always mess ...
  A: If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then there is help for you from God. 1) You ...
creaters word is for now and forever more and will not change.4/9/2007
  Q: why do we need a new testament and a old testament when god said my word is the same now and for ...
  A: The Old Testament is also known as the Old Covenant. A Covenant is a binding agreement between two ...
starting out4/6/2007
  Q: I'm very interested in learing about the Bible, and religion in general. I'm 19 years old, and have ...
  A: Howdy Jesse; You probably want to get a New International Version of the Bible. Go ahead and spend ...
communion4/2/2007
  Q: Can you explain John, chapter 6, where he says 6 times, my flesh is real food, etc. When people ...
  A: John 1:1 - 3; 14 (NIV): "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was ...
Catholicism3/31/2007
  Q: So Chrisitanity is essentially Catholicism? Is Catholicism the first religion started by Jesus and ...
  A: Christianity is Jewish. To start with all Christians were Jews. To the Messianic Jew's point of ...
Life after death2/23/2007
  Q: I have always been "taught" that when a person dies, their soul goes to heaven or hell right then. ...
  A: Sleep and death are often equated, especially in the Old Testament. When confronted with His ...
"Soul" and "Spirit"2/12/2007
  Q: From the standpoint of the Bible, what is the difference between the "soul" and "spirit"?
  A: At times the Bible will use "soul" and "spirit" interchangably, but actually the soul is composed of ...
prosperity12/12/2006
  Q: Ok I'm 19, I graduated from high school by the grace of God, I got a job,and started going to ...
  A: I had one tiny error in this answer that I did notice, but failed to fix before I sent it. In the ...
The cursing of the fig tree12/12/2006
  Q: I read your answer on the cursing of the fig tree. My question is, why did Jesus curse the tree even ...
  A: This story appears in Matthew 21 and Mark 11. In both passages Jesus curses the tree after His ...
Old Covenant11/11/2006
  Q: Do you happen to know if www.OldCovenant.com is really true ? Thanks.
  A: The following is an item-by-item assessment of each point following the described links. This is ...
lukes gospel10/28/2006
  Q: i am currently studying lukes gospel and want to know what are the main things these chapters 15&16 ...
  A: Greetings Josh; Chapter 15: 1) The Parable of the Lost Sheep reveals Jesus desire that none ...
Faith9/29/2006
  Q: The NT speaks of faith in Jesus, and the implication is close to a full hearted trust in him and who ...
  A: Romans 10:9 - 13 says: "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your ...
Protestant vs. Catholic perspectives8/26/2006
  Q: Protestant vs. Catholic perspectives How can Protestant churches say they believe the Bible ...
  A: Randall; Ok, I'm a little slow, I guess, I finally realized I failed to actually answer your ...
spirit3/12/2006
  Q: I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME FIRST I WANT TO TELL YOU WANT HAPPEN TO ME FRIDAY NIGHT I WENT CHURCH AND ...
  A: You have received the Holy Spirit. The Lord is not stingy and would not withhold from you His ...
Bible references2/15/2006
  Q: What are your feelings on reincarnation / past lives. Could Jesus resurection be considered a ...
  A: Reincarnation is the belief that after death the human soul or the spirit of an animal may live ...
women wearing mens clothing1/20/2006
  Q: Discussion among friends regarding women dressing in slacks or jeans. Some are of opinion Deut 22:5 ...
  A: Adding this article to this answer: ...
creationism1/17/2006
  Q: Do you agree that Creationism is pernicious nonsense that belongs with such medievalism as 'flat ...
  A: Steve Article I thought you'd find interesting: ...
Phantasy of Christ10/18/2005
  Q: I really do not know if this is the correct place to ask this question but if you can not answer ...
  A: Sometimes questioners get irritated when I can't divine things they didn't tell me. I'm glad your ...
sex10/8/2005
  Q: Why is it wrong to use a toy when having sex with your husband?
  A: Love to know the back story on this question--what led up to this point. The answer to the question ...
New Testament5/8/2005
  Q: Marilyn, could you please direct me to the passage where Jesus says there must be a child ...
  A: Do you need anything from the previous correspondence? I hesitated to ask you more specifically ...
grace4/28/2005
  Q: I feel as though this is a question with an obvious answer but must ask. Was there a paticular point ...
  A: The answer to the question is not necessarily obvious. But even less obvious is what has driven you ...
I Chronicles1/30/2005
  Q: Was reading my bible in came across I Chronicles 5. In this section it is spoken of the first born ...
  A: The Bible doesn't say Joseph was a type of Christ, but the analolgies are there: 1) Both were ...
Priest1/15/2005
  Q: Marilyn In the past you have helped me and I hope that you can help me again. During the time ...
  A: Are you referring to the Pharisees? Jesus had harsh words for them, but little to say against the ...
fig tree12/27/2004
  Q: what was the purpose of drying the fig tree or cursing it infront of the disciples
  A: The story of the cursing of the fig tree appears in the following passages: Matthew 21:18-22 and ...
Hate12/10/2004
  Q: In the bible God sent the Jews into the land of Canaan. Here he asked his people to destoy all ...
  A: The people who lived in the land of Canaan worshiped other gods, particularly Baal who demanded ...
homeosexuality12/9/2004
  Q: Can you give me a virse to show me that proves people are not born gay.So many people are beliveing ...
  A: Great thoughtful questions you're asking. Keep up that focus and thoughtfulness. To answer your ...
Excuese for ignorience...12/9/2004
  Q: Do all people have a chance to except God into there hart before death? Is there an excuse to not ...
  A: Howdy Tina; Paul says in Romans 1:19 & 20, "...since what may be known about God is plain to them, ...
The Anti-Christ12/7/2004
  Q: It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and I thank you in advance for your thoughtful and ...
  A: Recently I read "Secrets of the Koran" by Don Richardson (by the way I think every person living in ...
Old Testament11/25/2004
  Q: Marilyn, Some time ago I came to you about my daughter and the troubles she was having at ...
  A: Howdy Fred; I'm glad I was able to help you personally. I'm sorry I wasn't more use for your ...
Christian and rich?11/24/2004
  Q: I was wondering if one can be a Christian and wealthy? In my reading of the Gospels it seems that ...
  A: The answer to your question, "I was wondering if one can be a Christian and wealthy?” is yes, a ...
can God reverse His Word?11/11/2004
  Q: The following is an excerpt from an email i received from a reverand, in respond to Christians ...
  A: Michael, Would you like some more information on why homosexuality is an abomination to God? If so, ...
hello9/30/2004
  Q: I am interested in learning about Christianity. Can you recommend me a book to read that is about ...
  A: You are basically asking for a synopsis of the Bible with an emphasis on the most important parts. ...
Timothy I & II9/26/2004
  Q: Marilyn, You state that you can answer questions about the bible dealing with everyday life. ...
  A: Fred; I'm assuming you read the two books of Timothy and were stumped. Since I wasn't there I ...
Dinosaurs9/25/2004
  Q: Why doesn't the Bible mention these animals? Scientist can prove they were here before this present ...
  A: Howdy Bruce; The Bible does mention dinosaurs. In Genesis 1:21 the creatures whose name is ...
joseph9/16/2004
  Q: I'm writing a story about Joseph and his coloured coat and need answers to the following questions ...
  A: Joseph's father Jacob was with his Father-in-law Laban for 20 years (Genesis 31:38). The first ...
sin9/6/2004
  Q: Ok God made Adam and Eve. They messed up in the garden of eden, and because of this we are all ...
  A: I realized last night I made a mistake in my answer. When Jesus died on the cross He was separated ...
Old Question8/27/2004
  Q: Im going to be quick, i read an old answer of yours and you talked about satan. But from what i ...
  A: I'm going to give you a quick answer since I'm going out of town later today. If you need more, ...
evolution question3/21/2004
  Q: I went to a evolution seminar a few nights back here at a local church. I heard about the event on ...
  A: Praise God for your inquiring mind! The Bible does describe a limited evolution, Genesis 1:24, "Let ...
Zebedee3/18/2004
  Q: who is Zebedee? I read his name many times yet I have no idea who it is. One reference is matthew ...
  A: Zebedee appears in the following scriptures: Matthew 4:21; 10:2; 26:37; Mark 1:19 & 20; 3:17; 10:35; ...
Creation2/24/2004
  Q: I have read about 3 books on the creation account. Do you believe in a young earth (about 6000 ...
  A: The September 4th, 2006, issue of Time magazine has a very clear explanation of a theory I'd seen in ...

All Questions in This Category

Bible Studies

Marilyn

Top Expert on this page