Bible Studies/Questions Answered by Expert Mel and Guyna Horne

SubjectDate Asked
12 Disciple6/7/2016
  Q: Greetings, I was reading a scriptures in 1 Corinthians 15 and happened to came across verse 5 {"5 ...
  A: Apologies for the delay in responding to your question. "Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the ...
Broken in despair5/10/2016
  Q: I was genuinely converted after repenting after a godly sort towards Christ, and changed into ...
  A: Greetings Chris, (All scriptures are New King James unless otherwise noted.) "For though by this ...
The Sabbath3/27/2016
  Q: I would like your thoughts on this, although I have prayed and asked the Holy Spirit-the Spirit of ...
  A: Greetings Rhonda, Thank you for your question. Approximately 2500 years before God gave the ten ...
What does the Bible say about things like "selfies" and people gaining "instant notoriety" (online) in the Last Days?3/15/2016
  Q: I am a Christian and I am being serious. I think "selfies" are ridiculous- why do random people of ...
  A: Greetings Jason, Can not argue that we are living near the end of man's rule on earth, but ...
Is it a sin to talk about Christian leaders when they are doing something wrong3/10/2016
  Q: I am a Born-Again Christian. I know we should pray for your leaders- the Bible says that and that ...
  A: Greetings Jason, The only true leaders that we should listen to is God and Christ. We read the ...
Hebrews 13:4 and Cohabitation2/12/2016
  Q: I have a question about Hebrews 13:4 -- "Let marriage be hold in honor by all, and let the marriage ...
  A: Apologies for the delay in responding to you. If you are referring to a traditional marriage and ...
Word of Faith1/20/2016
  Q: I am struggling through Matthew 24. I have read 5 different commentators trying to understand if ...
  A: Greetings Ann, Thank you for sending your question. Like much of the Bible, much of Matthew 24 has ...
Christmas Celebration.10/30/2015
  Q: Christmas Day is celebrated for the birth of Lord Jesus Christ. Will you be against lighting Fire ...
  A: Greetings Prashant, We are all for lighting fire crackers, etc on America's Independence Day ...
jeremiah and jerusalem6/9/2015
  Q: The whole book of Jeremiah talks about how Jerusalem was captured by the babylonians. than in chapt ...
  A: Greetings Peter, Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, was also a Babylonian citizen, meaning that ...
Spouse and confidential on formation4/14/2015
  Q: If a husband has been told someting in confidence by another person and asked to keep this in ...
  A: Greetings Rowena, If an individual has promised to keep something private then the individual ...
Love your enemies psalm.2/19/2015
  Q: In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following ...
  A: Greetings Prashant, Sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you. “You have heard that ...
Time2/11/2015
  Q: It is good to write to you again. In our previous Q&A you briefly referred to "the terrible times ...
  A: Greetings Lenin, It is necessary to explain the beginning before attempting to explain the end and ...
Reply on the Lying question8/28/2014
  Q: Actually I want to have laser to remove the dark pot and sometimes have makeup. But my question is ...
  A: Cole, for the additional information. I hope I am understanding your question correctly now. There ...
old testament vs new testamnet God7/16/2014
  Q: the Levitical sacrifices for sin only covered up sin, they didn't destroy it and kill it on the ...
  A: Greetings Pete, One of the first times a sacrifice is mentioned in the Bible is Genesis 31:54. ...
IS SHE SAVED ?6/22/2014
  Q: I've been a practicing Born Again Christian for about 15 years. My wife of 13 yrs. is not a believer ...
  A: Greetings Ray, The answer to your question is "No". But there are ways that you can help and ...
Birth date of Lord Jesus Christ.5/25/2014
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus We are in the 21st century current year being 2014. As ...
  A: Greetings Prashant, The following paragraph is quoted from Wikipedia. ...
Death5/8/2014
  Q: I want to ask what happens after death?
  A: When an individual dies they go to sleep. Nothing more, nothing less. "For the living know that ...
PSYCHIC BIBLE READING?...4/22/2014
  Q: i DON'T KNOW WHO TO ASK, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT CATEGORY THIS FALLS UNDER: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ...
  A: You have chosen the correct category. :) It is good that you turn to the Bible when something is ...
grown child9/11/2013
  Q: My husband and I have a 24 year old daughter. She was raised in a Christian home, but not sure if ...
  A: We appreciate your question and the opportunity to possibly help where we are able. :) It might ...
Death8/18/2013
  Q: I just want to ask you regarding what the Bible says, which is that the Soul dies at the death of ...
  A: You asked about the soul dying with the death of the physical body, and stated that, logically, this ...
Oaths8/10/2013
  Q: I am very confused about oaths in the Bible. I read on a website an argument by someone saying that ...
  A: You asked about oaths (vows). This is a frequently asked question, often asked in the context of ...
women wearing levi jeans5/25/2013
  Q: what verse in the word and I mean king james does it say that a woman can not wear suposely men ...
  A: You asked about a scripture that mentions women not wearing men's clothing. This is usually asked ...
isaiah 11:94/13/2013
  Q: The versus leading up to Isaiah 11:9 talk about the lion laying down with the lamb etc. Verse 9 ...
  A: Pete, You asked about "a full knowledge of God" with reference to Isa. 11:9, "for the earth shall ...
God's Wrath4/2/2013
  Q: In human beings, Anger is always a secondary emotion - by that i mean that first the person is ...
  A: You asked whether God the Father becomes filled with wrath as a result of being "grieved or hurt" ...
Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.3/15/2013
  Q: http:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWBMQAqfIY ...
  A: Greetings Prashant, You asked why we cannot perform the same miracles as Christ did. Christ ...
Holy Bible Teachings.3/13/2013
  Q: 1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ? The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament ...
  A: Greetings Prashant, You asked about good qualities of behavior versus bad qualities, and about ...
Catholicism and Protestantism.2/18/2013
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism What are the ...
  A: You asked about the differences and similarities in Catholicism and Protestantism. You asked if ...
Apostle in India2/13/2013
  Q: In the Acts of Thomas he is "claimed" to of received the lot to go to India and preach the Word. ...
  A: You asked which apostle went to India. The Bible does not record who, among the twelve, went ...
Where is south in Gen 13:1?1/15/2013
  Q: Genesis 13:1 "1And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with ...
  A: You asked where is the "south" mentioned in Gen. 13:1,3. Sometimes the translation from Hebrew to ...
breath of life1/6/2013
  Q: Passages in both the old and new testament indicate that either God the father or Jesus imparted ...
  A: You asked whether the breath of life is temporary or permanent in humans. The short answer, without ...
ephesians 1:101/5/2013
  Q: All the famous commentators agree that this passage and in particular this verse means that God has ...
  A: You asked how we can believe that God is a loving God when there is great evil in the world. You ...
Matthew 11:1110/10/2012
  Q: Hey Mel & Guyna its been a long time. You probaly don't remember me but I was the lady who sent you ...
  A: Of course we remember you. Thank you for writing again. You asked about Mat. 11:11, "the least in ...
drink offerings8/8/2012
  Q: Since the life is in the blood and the old testament blood sacrifices were indeed drink/libation ...
  A: In your question, you stated: >life is in the blood This is true (Gen. 9:4, Lev. 17:11, 14, Deu. ...
Justice7/8/2012
  Q: I think that you two stand out from the crowd as far as experts go. Your views are non-mainstream ...
  A: You asked whether, among all people who have ever lived, those who never heard the Gospel of Christ, ...
Paul's understanding of salvation4/22/2012
  Q: Greetings to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou ...
  A: Our warmest greetings to you and your family, Lenin, We hope that you are all well and safe. 1. You ...
Dreamers of the Bible4/19/2012
  Q: Who were the MAIN dreamers of the bible?
  A: You asked who were the "main dreamers" of the Bible. The question appears to ask for a subjective ...
Honour Your Parents2/6/2012
  Q: What does the reference to Honour thy Father and Mother in Mt 15:1-11 and Mark 7:5-16 mean? Are ...
  A: You asked about the reference to the fifth commandment in Mat. 15 and Mk. 7. In addition to Mat. ...
Apostasy12/9/2011
  Q: Good evening, Hope all is well. My name is Dan. I wanted to first thank you for your helpful ...
  A: We are glad that the article was of help, however we do not know to which one you are referring.   ...
The Book of Proverbs.9/20/2011
  Q: Given these verses: = BIBLOS:AKJV:MATTHEW04[4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not ...
  A: You asked, "(1) From Proverbs 1:26, Should Christians [(2) or any Jews ] laugh at the calamity of ...
my soul8/19/2011
  Q: Mel and Guyna, I have been a Christian all my life and I have tried to live a life pleasing to God ...
  A: You asked about the thought of selling one's soul and about repentance. It can be startling to us ...
Church7/25/2011
  Q: So many sites, officials and believers reference scriptures that pertain to a gathering of believers ...
  A: You asked about the necessity of church attendance. Most church organizations consider themselves ...
finding the truth7/18/2011
  Q: i'm a 20 years old male.sir ,for couple of months i have been trying to find the true religion,the ...
  A: We are aware of the three or four incidents you mention (among a few from other sources) as they are ...
Why does Matthew say “Kingdom of God?”7/14/2011
  Q: I'm familiar with the theory that since Matthew wrote for the Jewish people, he used the term ...
  A: You asked if we could tell you of any theories of why Matthew used the phrase, kingdom of God, ...
Difference between "soul" and "spirit"6/22/2011
  Q: Is there a difference between the "spirit" and "soul" of a person? What happens to the spirit or ...
  A: Excellent question! In the English language, both spirit and soul have more than one meaning, even ...
reocities articals4/24/2011
  Q: Is it possible (and permissible) to save the articles you have on Reocities (Geocities)?
  A: Anyone is free to copy and save the articles for their own use. Permission to reprint or to ...
THANK YOU!4/6/2011
  Q: I am so grateful for your answers. I already sent a copy of it to the Muslim scholar who I was ...
  A: We do not mind that you shared our response with others, however, our response was directed to you ...
about Jesus...4/2/2011
  Q: I was speaking with a Muslim man a few days ago,and he was telling me that Jesus was not crucified. ...
  A: Good Morning Mary, We received your question a few minutes ago and shall be very happy to address ...
Marriage Ceremony3/17/2011
  Q: Where in the bible can I find the traditional wedding vows? Are these vows ordained by God and ...
  A: The "traditional vows" depends on whose tradition is being discussed. The minister, priest, or ...
what is GOD3/4/2011
  Q: according to Arthur w pink, God IS three things and three things only; Love 1st John 4:8, Light 1st ...
  A: Your question specified "what the scriptures say", and in that context, the short answer to your ...
Gifts-which one is it or is it there?2/7/2011
  Q: I need guidance or any help you can give me. I didn't know where to post this but I hope it gets ...
  A: "dally" We just received your question a few minutes ago, and wanted to reassure you immediately, ...
bible9/2/2010
  Q: have they commited the unforgivable sin.i.e mathew 12:31.Please not this person also does not belive ...
  A: You asked about the "unpardonable sin". "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy ...
Clarification9/1/2010
  Q: I am Catholic, was an altar boy for 4 years and I do believe in God but certain things do not make ...
  A: You asked about suffering in the world and why prayers are not always answered. You probably are ...
bible8/26/2010
  Q: does God cause suffering to unbelivers..thank you.
  A: The majority of the suffering in the world is not caused by God. James 4:1-4 explains that the ...
forgiveness7/7/2010
  Q: Many years ago someone close to me did a truly evil thing to someone else close to me. (I don’t want ...
  A: The two commands that Christ left for us to follow are: 1." ... You shall love the Lord your God ...
Thaddaeus6/28/2010
  Q: What are the other names that Thaddaeuss is known by?
  A: He is also called Jude or Lebbaeus. There is speculation, concerning several names, whether they ...
The sons of Shimei4/17/2009
  Q: In 1 Chronicles 23:7-10, the sons of Shimei is mentioned twice. The first time is in verse 9: The ...
  A: Sorry to be slow answering, our phone line was out due to a trunk line being cut. We just got your ...
Jesus between 12 and 3012/28/2008
  Q: What is the best argument in the Gospels (apart from Luke 2:51-52) that Jesus did not go away ...
  A: Our home computer is down and we are using the library's computer to check our mail. We hope to be ...
Set free & Made free8/16/2008
  Q: Is there a difference with "Set free, Set at Liberty (Lk 4:18 & Made free?" (Jn 8:36). I do hope ...
  A: The context of Jn. 8:36 is freedom from the bondage of sin, v. 31-36. The context of Lk. 4:18 is ...
curses7/31/2008
  Q: If curses come from sin and are passed down from one generation to another, doesn't the blood of ...
  A: In a number of verses, the Lord refers to "visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, ...
astrology7/31/2008
  Q: Is astronomy, not astrology, the same as 'observers of time'?
  A: The phrase "observers of time" is found in Deu. 18:14. The Heb. word "anan" means "to produce ...
3 unclean spirits7/11/2008
  Q: In revelations it talks about three unclean spirits coming out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast ...
  A: The easiest thing is to allow scripture to explain or interpret itself. The three unclean spirits ...
Marrage6/18/2008
  Q: I have a question about Marrage.I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 2 years.He is 24 ...
  A: >> Hi,I have a question about Marrage.I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 2 years.He ...
Protection6/12/2008
  Q: I have a question about protection. Does God protect us and if he does, to what limit? I read ...
  A: You asked: > Does God protect us? There are many scriptures and examples showing that he can ...
number 405/11/2008
  Q: What does the number 40 represent in the Bible?
  A: The number is typically associated with trial and testing. An extensive look at all the numbers in ...
looking for a specific verse5/8/2008
  Q: I need you to help me find this verse: everything borned by god is a vectory that overcomes/conques ...
  A: 1Jn. 5:4 BlueLetterBible has a search function that helps find any verse. ...
Biblical Holidays2/29/2008
  Q: People often confuse the Jewish holidays with Biblical holidays, can you list all the biblical ...
  A: Good Morning Catonya!!! To understand the difference between the holy days God commanded and ...
Names of God2/28/2008
  Q: Can you list all the names of God in both new /old testaments, then list hebrew/tradional way of ...
  A: We could do all you requested but there are already many such lists available on various web sites. ...
righteousness in christ2/21/2008
  Q: I am looking to find several verses in the bible that prove that we inherited Christ's righteousness ...
  A: There are a number of scriptures about inheritance and righteousness as separate subjects even ...
Theology2/19/2008
  Q: Good morning. My name is James N a Roman catholic from Bombay India.I am a cradle christian. My ...
  A: You asked, “1How one should look at the mystery of suffering and evil in this world. Pl: explain.” ...
What does the Bible say about psychic powers, etc...?1/12/2008
  Q: I have a friend who claims the ability to read minds, trade souls with other people, predict the ...
  A: Your friend may just be trying to get attention or he may be seeking the help of demons, or he may ...
why the wages of sin are death1/2/2008
  Q: I am well aware that the bible states that the wages of sin is death and that without no blood shed ...
  A: You asked why blood is required for propitiation and why the penalty of sin is death. God is ...
passion for the things of God12/28/2007
  Q: how can a person increase their passion for the things of God?
  A: When passion and Christ are used in the same sentence, it often refers to Christ’s suffering. ...
All answers received?12/14/2007
  Q: Who are sinners, is dipping snuff a sin, the bed being undefiled-does this means oral sex is ok for ...
  A: We have answered your three questions in separate follow ups. The system is only showing the last ...
Marriage vows9/5/2007
  Q: Where are the marriage vows found in the Bible?
  A: While some ministers may sometimes quote selected scriptures during a wedding service, there is no ...
NIV Bible8/23/2007
  Q: WHY DOES THE NIV VERSION DOES NOT HAVE THESE VERSES... AM I READING THE WRONG BIBLE? I ONLY FOUND ...
  A: You asked, "WHY DOES THE NIV VERSION DOES NOT HAVE THESE VERSES... AM I READING THE WRONG BIBLE?" ...
Believer in the lord8/13/2007
  Q: Although i have not always lived in god, i am trying now and trying to live in his faith, I follow ...
  A: You wrote: ". . . she does not follow the old testament she says nobody uses it anymore. Is this ...
sin, and how far can it go.8/4/2007
  Q: My name is Ruan, and I am a proud witness. I wanted to ask you something related to sin. I know ...
  A: You asked about the limits of God's patience and his forgiveness within the concept of minor versus ...
obeying man5/4/2007
  Q: Should i "obey" my boyfriend? Im 18 years old and we are christians and we're so in love and he ...
  A: Our first thought is of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes and his apparent "mental imprisonment" of her. ...
Some Questions3/23/2007
  Q: 1. Did Jesus die on the cross for every persons' sins that will ever live on the earth, including ...
  A: 1. Did Jesus die on the cross for every persons' sins that will ever live on the earth, including ...
Does God hate?3/20/2007
  Q: Mel and Guyna Most of us have been taught that God loves "everyone", but Malachi 1:3 says that God ...
  A: The Book of Malachi is considered to cover the period from 420 BC to 397 BC. Esau died about 1740 ...
After life3/8/2007
  Q: I really enjoyed the information you sent me on life after death. One more question that I have on ...
  A: Lazarus is the only one named, but there were others. When John the baptist was in prison, he ...
Salvation3/2/2007
  Q: I am doing some research on Salvation. I know this is a really broad topic, but how do you feel ...
  A: You asked about salvation. The definitions given include: 1 a: deliverance from the power and ...
Death2/23/2007
  Q: I have always been"taught" that when one dies, their soul goes to heaven or hell right then. But the ...
  A: [This is rather long, so we may have to send it in two parts. If you see our signature at the ...
Where does it say in the bible2/11/2007
  Q: God knows the day of our birth and the day of our death right? The day we will die is the day God ...
  A: Your question concerns one aspect of "predestination". Has God already predetermined the events of ...
Does he have to go to church?1/8/2007
  Q: I have this friend who is a Christian. when i asked him if he went to church he told me no and then ...
  A: Your friend is correct. There is not a single scripture in the Bible that states that an individual ...
who raised Jesus from the dead12/7/2006
  Q: Who rasied Jesus from the dead - God, or Jesus himself.
  A: We apologize for the delay in answering. The system did not forward your question to us or else it ...
Christmas tree12/1/2006
  Q: My son in law says that according to the bible we should not have a Christmas tree? where would that ...
  A: Jeremiah 10:2-4 describes going into the forest and selecting a tree, cutting it with an axe, using ...
Old Covenant11/11/2006
  Q: Do you happen to know if www.OldCovenant.com is really true ? Thanks.
  A: Without reading all the articles there, we cannot say which parts are true and which are not. It ...
Sons of God11/6/2006
  Q: I was taught that the sons of God in Gensis Chaper 6 refers to decendents of Seth, is that true?
  A: God started with only two people, Adam and Eve Then two sons are mentioned, Cain and Abel, Gen. ...
Scripture9/26/2006
  Q: I would like to know where I can find a scripture. It goes something like this: "Trust in the Lord ...
  A: Psalms and Proverbs contain 31 verses about trust in the Lord. The following two are probably what ...
word meaning9/10/2006
  Q: what does it mean in the old test when refering to a mule as burdened of the earth
  A: We assume you are asking about the phrase "two mules' burden of earth". 2K5:17 "And Naaman said, ...
Protestant vs. Catholic perspectives8/26/2006
  Q: How can Protestant churches say they believe the Bible literally most of the time (Jesus walking on ...
  A: We are neither Catholic nor Protestant and thus, have no stake in this dispute which apparently has ...
Bible Questions5/11/2006
  Q: I have a few questions regarding the Bible: 1. To which collection belongs the Book of Adam and ...
  A: The "Books of Adam" and the "Gospel of Eve" are mentioned on the Catholic web site at ...
names of Jesus5/8/2006
  Q: I have a little project to do. Part of it includes coming up with as many names for Jesus as I can. ...
  A: We try to avoid doing homework for others, but this sounds more like a personal project. Either way ...
Ezekial 28:13- in the King...4/18/2006
  Q: Ezekial 28:13- in the King James version the last sentence of the verse says: "the workmanship of ...
  A: The Hebrew word trans. as "taberet" and as "timbrel" is "toph". In 16 out of 17 times, the context ...
The old Switch A Roo3/27/2006
  Q: I actually have a twofold question regarding salvation. Here it is: I am fully aware of the ...
  A: To cover this topic fully would require many references to Old Testament scriptures and would be too ...
egyptian captivity of Jews3/9/2006
  Q: I ask a lot of questions and so I decided to pose one to you - All the times the Jews were ...
  A: You wrote: Hi folks - this is the first time I have seen your name on the list. I ask a lot of ...
Scripture These Things3/7/2006
  Q: But, seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added ...
  A: You asked: But, seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall ...
Worried2/11/2006
  Q: Im worried i have lost my salvation,While reading about the unforgiveable sin in Matthew all sorts ...
  A: [Note: The experts automated system does not allow us to delete previous text when we respond. So ...
missionaries1/23/2006
  Q: who were the first foreign missionaries
  A: In the New Testament Era, it would be Christ's disciples. Mark 16.15. In the Old Testament, it ...
enri12/15/2005
  Q: I've heard that on the cross was written "enri". what does it mean?
  A: Question is shown below I've heard that on the cross was written "enri". what does it mean? Hi ...
Origins of the Bible12/8/2005
  Q: Im not sure if you are familiar with what I am looking for but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. ...
  A: You asked: " Basically, I'm looking for a book that talks about the origins of the bible. Is there ...
communion9/18/2004
  Q: why is it important for us to celebrate communion?
  A: We apologize for the delay. We were out of town and should have listed ourselves as unavailable. ...
joseph9/16/2004
  Q: I'm writing a story about Joseph and his coloured coat and need answers to the following questions ...
  A: We will be happy to help you with your questions providing this isn't a homework assignment and you ...
Female Prophets?8/4/2004
  Q: Recently I saw "The Passion of the Christ." I was born and raised a Catholic and my wife Jewish. We ...
  A: You wrote: >I've got 2 questions: 1. What is your opinion of "The Passion?" Is it truthful and ...
Chapter 1of the book of Jonah6/30/2004
  Q: I was wondering if you could explain or find out what the book of Jonah in the Old Testament, means ...
  A: To discuss Jonah could take hours or days, unless one is looking for a Cliff's Notes version which ...
God6/3/2004
  Q: This is not really a question. I'm 56. I have always thought of myself as a Christian. I'm not a ...
  A: Sorry to be so slow in responding. You might be surprised at how often we receive comments similar ...
baptism5/25/2004
  Q: I have accepted Jesus as my savior, and my friends tell me i am now saved,. Do i have to be baptised ...
  A: So-called "christians" can sometimes be the cruelest people. So-called "christians" are the main ...
Jesus2/6/2004
  Q: Using the book of Matthew, could you provide me with biographical information on Jesus (name, ...
  A: This sounds like a research paper or homework question, which we do not answer. Most of the ...

All Questions in This Category

Bible Studies

Mel and Guyna Horne

Top Expert on this page