Bible Studies/Questions Answered by Expert Eric Christy

SubjectDate Asked
adam & eve9/25/2009
  Q: in the begining according to the bible, God created Adam then came Eve, and then 2 sons, Caine & ...
  A: That's easy. The bible indicates that Adam and Eve kept having children. The bible does not list ...
bible9/8/2009
  Q: The Bible mentions both the Assyrian and the Persians. Why does it seem to claim God used both ...
  A: God used other nations to punish His people when they needed punishing. This is a common theme ...
Jesus return?8/18/2009
  Q: When will jesus return according to the bible.
  A: The bible indicates that Jesus will return only when the Father tells him to. Not even Jesus knows ...
gods curses8/16/2009
  Q: my preacher led a sermin on how a guy who goes to my church has a curse on him from god for taking ...
  A: I would ask your pastor to give you the scriptural quotes to support his view. Depending on how your ...
Dinosaurs in the bible8/10/2009
  Q: Seems there are some folks out there, mostly fundamentalists, who insist there is a body of evidence ...
  A: Greetings Rob, I do not find any support for biblical statements regarding man and dinosaurs ...
Deut 3:187/7/2009
  Q: I am trying to understand what is being said in Deut 3:18, but I'm struggling a bit! Any help would ...
  A: I interpret this passage to indicate what God is stating He will give to the Israelites once they ...
speaking in tongues5/18/2009
  Q: can a person speak in tongues and not be saved?
  A: Sure, if they're speaking by the influence of demonic beings. It has been my experience that most ...
satans whereabouts5/17/2009
  Q: Listening to a preacher on TV he was asked where is Satan at this time, what I got out of his answer ...
  A: Let me ask you to tell me the difference between the soul and the spirit. To answer your question, ...
Heaven5/12/2009
  Q: I have always been led to believe that heaven is somekind of other dimension but as I got older and ...
  A: You raise some interesting questions. I would say that heaven is everywhere, in the sense that God ...
Criteria for distinguishing eternal truth from cultural context or just plain error in the Bible4/10/2009
  Q: I have been studying the Bible for over 30 years, but from the perspective of it being literally ...
  A: Greetings Guy, You ask one of the most important questions any thinking Christian sooner or later ...
bible1/25/2009
  Q: What verses, of what books of the bible, explains/sheds light on, the does/doníts, for staying on ...
  A: The narrow path you're speaking of is not a path, per se, but a person...Jesus Christ. He is the ...
Salvation.1/22/2009
  Q: I was thinking today and it bothered me about my salvation because I am unsure about it. I said the ...
  A: You are asking questions most of us ask as we're growing in our spirituality. Your questions show ...
Errors12/16/2008
  Q: What are some of the errors?
  A: There are three kinds of errors in the bible: Copyist, Doctrinal, and Logic. Copyist error is where ...
Question.11/27/2008
  Q: As we see in this verse..of Rev.13:15.And he (another beast coming up out of the earth,) had power ...
  A: You asked about what advanced technology exists that would make the image speak? Television. Through ...
Bible info11/3/2008
  Q: What are the verses, of what chapters., of what books, of the Bible; that explains and sheds light ...
  A: There are SO MANY verses in the bible that state that the bible is the Word of God, that I suggest ...
Date of the Bible10/14/2008
  Q: This question might be too hard to answer, but I'll ask it anyway: Approximately when was each book ...
  A: I suggest you get a bible and research this data yourself. That, or go to google and research each ...
Old Testament9/12/2008
  Q: I've come accross many people say that Old Testament was done away with when Jesus died on the cross ...
  A: People that state that the Old Testament was done away with are ignorant about the bible. Jesus came ...
Throne and Lamb8/21/2008
  Q: according to Bible Who is sit on the Throne in Revelation 4:10 and who is the lamb in Revelation 5:6 ...
  A: Jesus Christ is sitting at the right hand of the Father, but it is the Father who sits on the ...
a question8/17/2008
  Q: Sir; "forgive your brothers and neighbors seven times in seven days"--- is this quoted from Bible or ...
  A: Your quote is not accurate. The quote, by Jesus Christ says, "I say unto you, forgive your brother ...
God8/12/2008
  Q: Why do many Christian teachers misrepresent Jesus and the Bible? Is it true that most organized ...
  A: I am not sure what you are asking. What do you mean by "weakness" and "blind faith in things you ...
3 unclean spirits7/11/2008
  Q: In revelations it talks about three unclean spirits coming out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast ...
  A: The "dragon" is understood to be a symbol for Satan. As I understand it, the unclean spirits do not ...
Evolution versus creation essays (second series).4/21/2008
  Q: again for the thorough, deep, and thoughtful answers in this discussion we are sharing in this ...
  A: You are a formidable foe, yourself. Your knowledge of science, and of scripture is refreshing to ...
Evolution versus creation essays.4/19/2008
  Q: St. John 14:11-20 I asked the recent question regarding the similarity of genetic architecture ...
  A: You have some interesting topics for discussion. My background is in biology, chemistry, and ...
Human and primate chromosome similarity (fixed typo)4/17/2008
  Q: In the webpage "An Evolutionary Manifesto", at UVM, the University of Vermont, that can be Googled, ...
  A: I get this question quite often. As a student of science and of God, I like answering these ...
Meat3/27/2008
  Q: Is it alright to eat meat? If so, what type of meat?
  A: Sorry for the delay. As for eating meat, the bible is pretty clear about this. Do not eat meat with ...
salvation3/16/2008
  Q: Can a same sex attraction person be saved ? Can a practicing Homosexual be saved. ??
  A: I would suggest that you read Romans chapter 1, especially the end of the chapter where it talks ...
types of hell3/15/2008
  Q: i hav been beliving god for the past 5 years, pls i need ur help as want to know abt the types of ...
  A: I have changed my view of hell over the past couple of years. I now take the biblical position on ...
Location2/16/2008
  Q: Eric, I want you to know I read every persons description in this category and picked you. Please ...
  A: Well, you certainly have a most interesting dilemma upon your hands :) I've never had a question ...
jesus1/1/2008
  Q: Why did Jesus weep at the death of Lazures's death when he was shortly going to raise him from the ...
  A: Jesus wasn't weeping because His friend Lazarus had died, but because of His love and compassion for ...
RE: Wages of Sin is Death, Not Eternal Torment in Hell?12/29/2007
  Q: G'day Eric! Just concerning a reply to a question you gave on 3/17/2006... "Hi Sherry, If we look ...
  A: Nice to hear from you. You are raising the most important question to be asked with regard to heaven ...
meaning in greek for be still10/28/2007
  Q: God keeps speaking to me saying Be Still and Know that I Am God I recieve it through reading it, ...
  A: I'd say the meaning in Greek would be what the translators of the Greek-into-English translation ...
Depression10/24/2007
  Q: I was baptised in 1989 and for a while i felt Gods spirit and purpose. But since then i have fallen ...
  A: Let's get right into this. Feelings of God's presence come and go. The one thing we can be sure of ...
About your pursuits...9/17/2007
  Q: I was just wondering why exactly you call yourself a christian, or a believer in the word rather, if ...
  A: I appreciate your heartfelt concern for my spiritual welfare. It shows in the fervor in your message ...
Proverbs 31:5-99/11/2007
  Q: This may be a silly question, but I am teaching a bible study for the first time and we looked at ...
  A: I love your name! Laura is one of my favorite girl names. I've always liked it. About your ...
Hell5/25/2007
  Q: You say that hell is an invention of man. If so, how do you explain Jesus' many mentions of hell. ...
  A: You are quite right. I have, since, changed my view on biblical hell. I now believe that hell is ...
sex before marriage4/16/2007
  Q: God said that pre marital sex is a big sin. Are we going to be forgiven then if we ask for his ...
  A: Yes, premarital sex is a sin. But so are all other sins. If you ask God to forgive your sin, no ...
question3/19/2007
  Q: hey i have a diffrence of oppinion with my husband, see he thinks that Jesus did get married and he ...
  A: Hey, your husband is wrong. He is clearly ignorant about the life of Jesus Christ. The bible never ...
baptism and salvation2/27/2007
  Q: what is your view on baptism as the time when your sins are forgiven like in Acts2:38 and ...
  A: I believe that baptism is done when a person has chosen to accept Jesus Christ as their savior, and ...
when God wiped out all the people but 81/4/2007
  Q: in the days of Noah... were those people God got fed up with worse than us? did God not love them ...
  A: You ask an insightful question. My answer is that God hates sinful behavior, no matter who is doing ...
Luke 4:311/3/2007
  Q: In this passage - The first thing the demons seem to want to do is to Announce that Jesus is the son ...
  A: You raise good reasons why the demons might declare the Jesus is the Son of God. Another reason ...
Gambling12/24/2006
  Q: Eric, my wife is Catholic; I am somewhere between agnostic and Athiest. Many years ago I read the ...
  A: Greetings Ed, Nice to get your questions. The only reference to gambling I am aware of is when the ...
Confused11/29/2006
  Q: I don't get what you are trying to say right here: Many Christians are not aware that actual errors ...
  A: I have a sister with your name! Well, to answer your question about errors in the Bible: Yes, there ...
salvation11/9/2006
  Q: Heres my perspective...Dont know anything, way too much info and stimulus out there undiscovered, ...
  A: After reading your question, I felt a lot in common with your situation. Believe me, if we *had* a ...
inerrancy and hell9/7/2006
  Q: Why do you even use the Bible to study from or try to debate it if you believe it has errors? It ...
  A: You ask an important question regarding how one is to use our Bible. I used to believe that the ...
Suicide8/27/2006
  Q: If someone commits suicide will they still go to Heaven?
  A: This is a difficult subject to discuss, but I will give you my thoughts. First off, I should tell ...
Protestant vs. Catholic perspectives8/26/2006
  Q: Protestant vs. Catholic perspectives How can Protestant churches say they believe the Bible ...
  A: Yes, there are a lot of things in the Bible that we must take literally. And, there are some things ...
bible errors?8/21/2006
  Q: .I have studied them and i find very good answers to all of them.Maby you could show me one that I ...
  A: Yes, there are bible contradictions and I will give you two kinds to demonstrate they exist. But I ...
baptism8/18/2006
  Q: at what age is baby to be baptised
  A: According to the New Testament, a baby should NOT be baptised. Baptism is, by definition, a choice ...
No epistles for this generation?7/26/2006
  Q: Pardon the long explanation, but there *is* a question at the end of this. I don't get the ...
  A: You raise an interesting question. This is a question having more to do with the canonization of our ...
Repsonse and question6/29/2006
  Q: I am slightly confused about your answer. First the devil is very very intelligent. He is sited ...
  A: My answer is this. Yes, the Devil is very intelligent, but he is NOT as intelligent as you are. To ...
Mystery Babylon4/11/2006
  Q: Is the United States of America the Whore that sits on the Beast, and is destroyed , in chapter ...
  A: I don't know if the United States is the Whore you're speaking of. I hope not! I know the US does ...
Wages of Sin is Death, Not Eternal Torment in Hell?3/17/2006
  Q: I am wondering about the support given to ETERNAL LIFE in HELL. All I've been able to find is the ...
  A: If we look at Matthew 25:46, we see an important statement by Jesus on this matter of eternal heaven ...
Errors in the doctrine of Hell2/13/2006
  Q: In your expertise paragraph you state that you are currently working on showing specific errors in ...
  A: Recently, and after a couple of years of serious consideration, I have renounced my previous stand ...
The concept of Hell1/19/2006
  Q: I think it would be so nice if Hell was just an invention. But I'm sorry if I disagree but if there ...
  A: Greetings, Thanks for your question. I have re-evaluated my stance on whether eternal hell (EH) ...
Virgin Mary8/31/2005
  Q: Can you tell us how old Mary was when she gave birth to Jesus? Someone told us she was only 12. ...
  A: I have no idea how old Mary was when she gave birth to Jesus. However, God knows. What's important ...
"War"5/24/2005
  Q: I'm having trouble understanding the reasoning behind our involvement in the Middle East. It's ...
  A: There are a lot of people who are opposed to the war in Iraq. While I was in favor of our invasion ...
Tell me more....4/13/2005
  Q: Eric, I'd like to commend you on your research. I'd truly be interested in viewing your conclusions ...
  A: Greetings Carlos, Thank you for contacting me about this all-important doctrinal issue regarding ...
Apologetics (HS Senior Class Project)4/13/2005
  Q: I am assisting my friend, Marelyn, with an Apologetics assignment due on the 29th of April. Her ...
  A: Greetings Carlos, Let's deal with both questions. 1). Is the belief in God a reasonable statement? ...
Dead Sea Scrolls2/26/2005
  Q: Christy, Out of all the "experts", you seemed to be the one who would help me the most. I am ...
  A: I wish I could help you out with your request for more information on the Dead Sea Scrolls, but ...
hell10/26/2004
  Q: I am pleased you are working on the hell thing. After recently conducting a study of the concept of ...
  A: Nice to hear from you on this all-important doctrine of hell. Hell is the reason for having a ...
hoda9/30/2004
  Q: I am interested in learning about Christianity. Can you recommend me a book to read that is about ...
  A: Actually, there a lot of good books for what you're looking for. I cannot recommend just one. What ...
joseph9/16/2004
  Q: I'm writing a story about Joseph and his coloured coat and need answers to the following questions ...
  A: Well, you've got me on these questions. I don't know. But perhaps another person can help you with ...
Jesus as Son of God3/12/2004
  Q: I have a quick question about Jesus. I appreciate you might be busy but I would really appreciate ...
  A: I would have responded much sooner, but I did not get your first email to me. I only found out ...

All Questions in This Category

Bible Studies

Eric Christy

Top Expert on this page