Bible Studies/Questions Answered by Expert Pastor Don Carpenter

SubjectDate Asked
luke 6:3012/27/2016
  Q: "And from him who takes away your goods, do not ask them back" How are we to understand our Lord's ...
  A: Let us examine the context of Luke 6:27-33. But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do ...
Exodus 138/1/2016
  Q: I would like to know If the ceremony of redemption of the first born male is a buying back from God ...
  A: As I understand the story of the Passover, it seems that the concept is that all the first born are ...
Deacon Reinstated6/24/2015
  Q: Can a deacon be reinstated after he has resigned without a sitting pastor? Special note: The church ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. The Bible does not have specific rules for situations like ...
lazarus6/9/2015
  Q: in John 11 it says that when Jesus who was in Jerusalem and only two miles from Bethany heard ...
  A: It got me researching, because I didn;t know how to reconcile the timing either. But I think I have ...
the ark in jeremiah6/5/2015
  Q: In the third chapter of jeremiah it states the ark will be replaced by a greater glory of God. What ...
  A: “Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the ...
Bible verse question4/24/2015
  Q: KJV bible study. Different answers were given, which didn't relate to my understanding, so I need to ...
  A: I am sorry for my slow response. Here is the passage of which you speak: “And as he thus spake for ...
Angels4/21/2014
  Q: What can you tell me about the Angels in the Bible? Who were they, where do they come from and what ...
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. Angels are created beings made to serve and worship God. ...
Unforgiven sin1/17/2014
  Q: I was raised Lutheran. I love Jesus and God. I have open spiritual channels. I received a ...
  A: I am so sorry for my very late response. The Bible tells us that if you seek forgiveness through ...
the devil's work11/25/2013
  Q: 1 john 3:8 says that our Lord came into the world to destroy the works of the devil. If this is so ...
  A: The simple answer is that Jesus is not done with His work yet. When He returns and banishes the ...
does god love the people in hell11/20/2013
  Q: I would like to know if there is any definite biblical evidence as to whether or not God loves the ...
  A: I will be honest, I do not know of a verse that specifically says that God loves those suffering in ...
translation11/1/2013
  Q: I have been study the bible in Koine Greek and find that often times a word used in the Greek is not ...
  A: I am not sure where you are getting your information, but I will try to help you anyway. First of ...
Sins10/14/2013
  Q: Good Day I came across a passage in the bible that I don't quiet understand and think that it can ...
  A: The short answer is that the context is pointing to Holy Spirit endument to preach the Gospel so ...
Family Meet In Heaven ?7/18/2013
  Q: Can you tell me if there's any indication in the Bible that we Christians will meet & be with our ...
  A: We do know based on Luke 16 that we will recognize each other in Heaven. We know according to ...
I need help here3/25/2013
  Q: what does the scripture say about Christ in John 1:1-3?
  A: I think it is helpful to not only consider what the Bible says about the Word (Jesus) in verses 1-3, ...
Holy Bible Teachings.3/13/2013
  Q: 1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ? The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament ...
  A: It is difficult to summarize such a profound and Holy Work as the New Testament into a few points, ...
Love/hell3/11/2013
  Q: I would like to know if God loves the people in hell? Does the bible say anything about this?
  A: I am unaware of any scripture that directly talks about God loving or hating people in Hell, but ...
Ephesians 1:101/5/2013
  Q: All the famous commentators agree that this passage and in particular this verse means that God has ...
  A: Let us look at what the verse actually says: Ephesians 1:10 (AV) 10 That in the dispensation of the ...
moral decline12/31/2012
  Q: After the recent shootings in Connecticut, our country has really shown its moral decline. What ever ...
  A: I have heard this kind of question echoing from many people. Philippians 3:13–14 (AV) 13 Brethren, ...
salvation12/7/2012
  Q: Here's another good one for you Pastor Don: A muslim is raised by his family. That teaching is all ...
  A: John 14:6 (AV) 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the ...
Islam vs Christianity12/3/2012
  Q: I am hoping you can help me out as I would love advice from an experienced pastor. I have been ...
  A: It is important to understand that there is a difference in finding religion and finding THE truth. ...
election11/11/2012
  Q: In my disappointment that my candidate lost (Romney) shouldn't I be rejoicing that God's will was ...
  A: Sometimes God allows evil to prevail in order to discipline believers for their appathy and ...
financial help for adult child11/2/2012
  Q: Does God's word say that it is against His teaching to help adult children financially?
  A: While the Bible does not directly forbid helping adult children financially, there are warnings ...
Baptism10/10/2012
  Q: From your pastoral experience, why do you think some young adults who claim to be Christians delay ...
  A: There are a couple of reasons I think adults delay water Baptism after a profession of faith. 1. ...
Baptism9/20/2012
  Q: if you get time mr. Don could you look into this statment made by Jim Brown at Grace and Truth ...
  A: The simple truth is that Baptize means to dip or immerse. Let us look at some scholars and what ...
If we dont have the original bible manuscripts because they were written on papyrus and disintigrated - why do we have over 26,000 copies of those original manuscripts written in the first century...why didnt THEY disintigrate?9/14/2012
  Q: If we dont have the original bible manuscripts because they were written on papyrus and ...
  A: I am very curious as to where you get your figures. It is my understanding that there are two ...
Why Did JESUS Do That ?8/19/2012
  Q: I'm been a born again Christian for sometime now. And the more I read my Bible the more sometimes I ...
  A: The whole Book of Job is about God proving to Satan that he cannot cause one of God's children to ...
Prayers2/11/2012
  Q: When we pray, can Satan listen our prayer? I was kind of looking for scriptures to go with this ...
  A: It appears that Satan can only hear what we say out loud. He is not God. He does not hear our ...
Re Gen 151/23/2012
  Q: Sir, In Genesis 15 v9-13 could you please help to clarify the significance of the activities ...
  A: The story here in Genesis 15 is about a special very serious treaty that was used at that time. ...
The True Gospel?1/15/2012
  Q: Carpenter, I have a question regarding some doctrine I found on this website ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. You are absolutely right to feel like this is twisting the ...
Being hated by the world?1/4/2012
  Q: Jesus stated that we will be hated by the world, and that since we are his followers we will suffer ...
  A: Fortunately, it takes faith not persecution to make one a true Christian. If you trust in Jesus ...
Paul persecuting Christians12/27/2011
  Q: Is there any extra-Biblical evidence of Paul's (or any Jewish) persecution of the early Christians? ...
  A: I am not really a history expert, I am a Bible expert, however, I did spend some time looking in the ...
Matthew 24 - the rapture?12/23/2011
  Q: I saw your answer here: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Bible-Studies-1654/2011/11/end-time-god-reign.htm ...
  A: I will answer this simply and if you need more details, just post a follow up question. You are ...
Sex before marriage12/11/2011
  Q: My girlfriend and I are both divorced and are creating our new relationship from a god centered ...
  A: The word for fornication is the Greek word "pornea" from which we get our English word, pornography. ...
Peter12/8/2011
  Q: I hear sometimes Peter of the Bible being called the first pope or that he set up the Catholic ...
  A: The debate is over the meaning of this verse: Matthew 16:18 (AV) 18 And I say also unto thee, That ...
The End of Time/god's reign11/8/2011
  Q: how are you? Will there be a final battle between good and evil at the end of time? ( are there any ...
  A: It could take volumes to explore all the Biblical ramifications of each of your questions, but I ...
Help!10/19/2011
  Q: What is the meaning of Mark 1:9-11: 9And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from ...
  A: There are many things we can learn from this passage, I will try to briefly give an overview of what ...
Hell10/2/2011
  Q: my question is can a christian go to hell? Can one loose their salvation?
  A: I will answer it as simply as it was asked, but if you want more details I can give it. Since one ...
the sabbath7/22/2011
  Q: I was wanting to ask a question after reading your answer to Ray re the sabbath question. You say ...
  A: Let us take a few minutes to consider this passage: Colossians 2:14–16 (AV) 14 Blotting out the ...
Did jesus died?6/23/2011
  Q: sir... How are u? I want to ask u a very simple question ,did jesus died on the cross or he went to ...
  A: The Bible warns us of false teachers who will come up with crazy stories like this one. Colossians ...
Bible question4/10/2011
  Q: I am a Christian and I am wondering if there is anything in the bible about crosses with snakes? My ...
  A: I am sorry about the late response. There is no direct reference in the Bible to crosses with ...
Cheating3/24/2011
  Q: The man I plan to marry received from a co-worker an answer sheet to questions for a test in order ...
  A: If this really is a cheat sheet, not a study sheet, this is unethical and dishonest. Romans 12:17 ...
genesis 1:62/27/2011
  Q: My question is this - was the earth originally like a giant green house and than God created seas ...
  A: Let us look at the entire context here. Genesis 1:6–10 (AV) 6 And God said, Let there be a ...
Exodus2/21/2011
  Q: I am reading the Bible from start to finish for the first time & I just have a couple minor ...
  A: Actually, yeast was a picture of how sin works... a little of in infects the entire lump of dough. ...
ADAM & EVE - WHY ME ?2/9/2011
  Q: Here's something that kinda bothered me for sometime now ever though I'm a Born Again Christian. ...
  A: This is a difficult concept for us to understand, but the Bible teaches that we were in Adam, he was ...
TO OBEY THE SABBATH - WHICH DAY ?1/22/2011
  Q: I've been listening and viewing Daniel C Pack's web site and he certainly makes a lot of sense. ...
  A: There are a few things that we need to know about the Sabbath as Christians on this side of Calvary. ...
apologetics12/25/2010
  Q: My question is about apologetics. What is it and is it a part of the Independent Fundamental Baptist ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. Apologetics is a defense of the truths of the Bible using Science, ...
Faith12/9/2010
  Q: Are Healing faith and Saving faith are same or different type?
  A: Healing and Saving faith are different. One can trust God to heal their body, but still believe ...
Why Would JESUS Do That ?12/4/2010
  Q: As a Born Again Christian its suggested that I not only read the BIBLE but study it also. I'm ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. Lets get a look at the whole story in order to understand ...
Salvation & Hell11/23/2010
  Q: John 16:8 - When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. You are absolutely right that there is not enough emphasis on ...
The unpardonable sin11/15/2010
  Q: What is it? Why wont god forgive it?
  A: The unpardonable sin is found in the following passage. Please notice the context surrounding the ...
the prophets11/3/2010
  Q: I would like to know if when the prophets spoke, in particular when they expressed sadness over ...
  A: The Old Testament prophets would sometimes speak directly for God with sayings like "Thus saith the ...
Christmas10/11/2010
  Q: I got 7 weeks to create a Christmas song and I'm trying to gather as much resource as possible. Can ...
  A: Here are some of the best scriptures I use on the Christmas story. Prophecies from the Old ...
Judgment for wicked10/8/2010
  Q: We see many wicked prosper. Is it Biblical to believe that wicked will get their judgment in this ...
  A: It is distressing to watch the heathen prosper. We are not told that they will absolutely be judged ...
Membership in a church9/30/2010
  Q: My daughter is Methodist and wants to move her membership to a church called New Spring Church in ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. I believe that the Pastor is probably talking about the fact ...
Parent/Adult Child Relations9/22/2010
  Q: In God's word and/or commands, it is stated that we love, honor and respect our parents. Does this ...
  A: Scriptures seem to indicate by example that the authority of a parent applies until the child ...
Gog & Magog9/20/2010
  Q: Please explain the sequence of events from end of tribulation to GOG & MAGOG/Armageddon War.
  A: I will try to give a brief timeline as I understand it, but I do not have time or space to go into ...
bible9/5/2010
  Q: and you said yes this person had blaphemed the holy spirit.i would just like to know if this person ...
  A: The answer is YES. 1 John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our ...
bible9/2/2010
  Q: e mathew 12:31.thank you.
  A: If you look at Matthew 12, you will see that the context is the accusation that the miracles done by ...
assension8/31/2010
  Q: I just read your bio and then perused some of your previous questions and answers. You said that if ...
  A: I am not sure what question you are referring to. We know that Jesus is in Heaven at the right hand ...
bible8/27/2010
  Q: If a person goes to church and claims to be a christian just to fit in,will God strike him down as ...
  A: This story is about God dealing with believers who give false impressions in order to gain favor ...
impotant!!8/17/2010
  Q: My husband and I grew up in Christian homes, saved and baptized by the age of 10. As teens and young ...
  A: I am sorry for this late response. I am sorry for the response of your in laws. I have several ...
Bible8/16/2010
  Q: 27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be ...
  A: This passage would seem to indicate that people were suffering consequences for thiir sins involving ...
Must we go to church daily7/10/2010
  Q: .i beleieve that jesus dies for our sins and and i believe that God sent jesus to earth.I also ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. Church is a gift to believers. Yes, you can and should pray at ...
forgiveness7/7/2010
  Q: Many years ago someone close to me did a truly evil thing to someone else close to me. (I don’t want ...
  A: I am sorry for the hurt that you have experienced and I am sorry for my very late response. It is ...
Book of Job7/4/2010
  Q:
  A: Let us look at the verse in context together. Job 22:1-3 Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered and ...
Honoring your parents6/26/2010
  Q: I fell in love with an Indian boy (Indian as in from India). He and his family are Christians. I ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. There is no Biblical magic age that liberates a child from the ...
Mother in law6/25/2010
  Q: I want to know if there are any bible verses that state the parents are supposed to still take care ...
  A: Actually, not only does the Bible not say that parents are supposed to take care of kids after they ...
the sands of time6/12/2010
  Q: Is there a Bible verse that refers to the sands of time grinding exceedingly slow or something along ...
  A: I am sorry but I could not find nor have I heard of a Bible verse like that. I looked up sand or ...
fallen angels/demons6/9/2010
  Q: 1st. Are fallen angels and demons the same thing? What is the difference? 2nd. I was raised a ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. I believe that demons are fallen angels. I believe that all the ...
I need help, please6/8/2010
  Q: how are you? My name is Laura and I am 25 years old. I need help. For over 15 years I have suffered ...
  A: I am sorry for your sorrow. I am sure that you have probably heard all the verses before. I just ...
Matter on a farewell memento6/2/2010
  Q: Could you help me with biblical verses that can be written on a memento to be presented to my ...
  A: I am so sorry for my late response. Here are a few verses that might work. Philippians 1:3 3 I ...
Bible5/23/2010
  Q: Pastor Don, How do we "KNOW" that the Bible is the word of God, and not just another book ...
  A: The truth is we do not "know" because it is taken on faith.... however, there are several things ...
assention5/2/2010
  Q: How many people went straight to heaven without dying? Who were they?
  A: There are two that did not die and went directly to God. Enoch Genesis 5:21-24 21 And Enoch lived ...
Choir4/12/2010
  Q: My name is Kristine. I don't know if this is the right category to ask my question but maybe you can ...
  A: I am so sorry for this late response. Here are some verses about music and singing that may be ...
creamation2/23/2010
  Q: How or what does the bible say about cremation
  A: I have heard it taught that Christians bury and pagans burn. I do not find this in the Bible. Yes ...
Geneology in the Time of Adam & Eve2/5/2010
  Q: My wife and I are a little confused about the sequence of events in Genesis and thought maybe you ...
  A: We are not told of every person born to Adam and Eve. Here is a verse sumarizing their activities ...
romans 712/11/2009
  Q: My question regards the latter part of Romans 7, where Paul talks about struggling against his ...
  A: I am aware that some Bible scholars believe that this passage in Romans is parenthetical... in other ...
i cor 5:911/4/2009
  Q: Do you think that 1 cor. 5:9 applies to family groups? I am speaking of parents with adult children, ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. Let us look at verse 9 in context: 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 It is ...
Evangelist10/25/2009
  Q: This may not be considered 'Bible Study', but maybe you can help out. For some time now I have felt ...
  A: Here are several things you should do in order to follow this calling: 1. Tell your pastor! He is ...
Jesus quotes10/6/2009
  Q: Why does Jesus begin so many of His sayings with, "I tell you the truth"? Did this mean the same as ...
  A: This phrase was intended to call attention the Christ's authority to say these things. This is what ...
Jesus9/26/2009
  Q: What is the simplest way to prove that Jesus's is God's son and, the proof and reason that He is the ...
  A: I suppose that the best way to prove to someone that Jesus is God's Son to someone who will not take ...
salvation9/20/2009
  Q: To start with, I am saved. But, will the unsaved (those still living at the time of the rapture) get ...
  A: I do not believe that folks will get a csecond chance after the rapture to believe because of the ...
Holy Spirit9/11/2009
  Q: (Missouri Synod Lutheran, don't know if it matters) When a baby is born, it is born in sin. When ...
  A: The Holy Spirit enters into believers. This does not happen at infancy, it happens when one makes ...
pls show me a verse9/9/2009
  Q: Sir, I want to know if the word TRINITY is mentioned in the bible? pls qoute me a verse so that i ...
  A: The word trinity is not in the Bible but the word godhead is. We also have the three persons of the ...
reptiles in revelations9/2/2009
  Q: Does the bible indicate that people associated with any cold blooded animal(REPTILES) cannot be ...
  A: There is nothing in the Bible that says that one cannot work with reptiles. The snake is a symbol ...
Once saved always saved??7/30/2009
  Q: Greetings Pastor Don Carpenter, Recently on a website we have been having a friendly debate on a ...
  A: I absolutely believe that once Jesus saves me, I am saved forever! My salvation does not depend upon ...
Bible6/30/2009
  Q: I am also Baptist. Although every time I think I understand the Bible I find something else I don't ...
  A: I just read this for my devotions recently. I believe that God was upset because Balaam even ...
fornication6/17/2009
  Q: if having fornication is bad then why did the prophets did it?
  A: The prophets were human, and therefore sinners. THe only perfect example we have is Jesus... ...
Satan decent to Hell6/9/2009
  Q: I am trying to find the scriptures that describe the decedent of Satan into hell from heaven and the ...
  A: There are two passages that speak of Satan's original fall. Isaiah 14:12-15 12 How art thou fallen ...
Genesis 6:1-45/26/2009
  Q: I have read and I have discussed these passages with others but I have yet to satisfy my mind on the ...
  A: I am so glad to hear about your concern with the procreating angel theory. I was taught the same ...
Angle names5/13/2009
  Q: blessing to you are there more than 2 Angles? if so what are their names. also I read I have my ...
  A: There are thousands of angels and I believe that every angel has their own name given by God. Psalm ...
Jeremiah 32:1-195/11/2009
  Q: Would you please help me understand this passage? Thank you
  A: I am sorry about this late response. It is very difficult for me to give you a complete response ...
Book ofRevelations4/19/2009
  Q: The complete meaning of 7 (seven) in the Book of Revelations
  A: I must tell you it seems like a homework question. Seven is a sign of completion and a sign of ...
God's Word for All4/7/2009
  Q: I'm needing a more mature Christian,please, to help me find an exact scripture. Can you please tell ...
  A: The Bible does not tell us that everyone will have the chance to hear the Gospel. It does tell us ...
synotic gospels3/25/2009
  Q: Pastor Don, Would you help me to explain the specific contribution of each of the three synoptic ...
  A: The Gospels all talk about the same Savior, Jesus Christ, but they all come at it from a different ...
bible3/10/2009
  Q: Do you believe the bible teaches a pre trib rapture? Do youbelieve the bible teaches that it is Gods ...
  A: I will answer each seperately: 1. Yes I believe in the pre-trib rapture. We can read about the ...
Isa 28:213/9/2009
  Q: In this verse it refers to God's "Strange," and "Alien," work. What do these words mean. Does it ...
  A: Isaiah 28:21 21 For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley ...
Bible info2/15/2009
  Q: What exact verses of what chapters of what books of the bible; explains what a Christian is/suppose ...
  A: Much of the Bible is dedicated to showing what a Christian should and should not be. I will paste a ...
Unconsummated marriage2/10/2009
  Q: As you may guess from the subject line, I am living in an unconsummated marriage. I have been ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. Sex is a gift from God given only to married couples. Hebrews ...
seventh-day adventist knowledge rapture1/19/2009
  Q: why do you pose as an expert in seventh-day Adventist believes when you have never been educated by ...
  A: I am an expert in the Bible. Many SDA folks are very interested in what the Bible says because they ...
Biblical1/15/2009
  Q: What is the relation of the last chapter of Revelation and Genesis chapter 1 & 2?
  A: I am sorry for my very late response. In a nutshell, Revelation 22 is EDEN round 2. We will be ...
Church1/12/2009
  Q: Hey there is a verse in psalms i read it before, i don't remember what translation maybe (NLT), that ...
  A: In my research, the word church is used 80 times, but all of them are in the New Testament. I am ...
Inheritance12/22/2008
  Q: My wife and I have been married 25 years and have 4 children together. I have two children from a ...
  A: I do not have any scriptural passages to cite to help here. I can say that personally, I tend to ...
sabbath12/17/2008
  Q: the bible shows that there was 2 kinds of laws one Moses wrote with his finger, which were ...
  A: Is seems as though you already have a strong conviction in this area, but I will try to answer the ...
Need help with scripture11/25/2008
  Q: My question is regarding Luke 16: 1-13. I have read it and read it and I just don't understand how ...
  A: Let us look at the passage together: Luke 16:1-13 And he said also unto his disciples, There was ...
Bible/Christians11/14/2008
  Q: What are the of the verses, of what chapters., of what books, of the Bible; that explains and sheds ...
  A: The Bible is full of these dos and don'ts. I will give you some passages.... but the whole Bible is ...
sexual sins11/12/2008
  Q: I have a couple of questions for you. I heard that masturbation is a sin. Why is it a sin? Where ...
  A: Masturbation is a sin in that it is sexual fantasy. Jesus warned about that on the sermon on the ...
christmas trees11/11/2008
  Q: what does the Bible say about bowing to a Christmas tree?
  A: I do not know of anyone who bows down to a Christmas tree. In fact the word Christmas tree is not ...
bible10/25/2008
  Q: Though i am a christian ,lately only i started reading bible. In the leviticus section jehova is ...
  A: You are reading some of the deepest and most meaty parts of scripture. Some of this takes quite a ...
Devout Christian parents upset over tattoo10/21/2008
  Q: I just turned eighteen and decided to get my first tattoo, which I have been wanting for a long ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. You certainly have stirred up a hornets nest hanvent you! :) ...
ESTHER10/17/2008
  Q: 1.My name is Esther, people keep telling that Esther from the bible was a strong woman, how true is ...
  A: Esther is mentioned by name 53 times in the Bible. There is a book by her name, and it is all about ...
Different appearances10/15/2008
  Q: I get the question, " why do people have different appearances around the world?" I realize that ...
  A: I think that your answer is right on target. That is exactly how I would answer. I can point you ...
question10/7/2008
  Q: was cane and abel twin brothers think you
  A: I do not believe that Cain and Able were twins because of the following verses that seem to indicate ...
Questioning10/2/2008
  Q: I am a 16 year old boy, raised Methodist my whole life. I have found myself questioning God lately, ...
  A: I will not be able to talk you into having faith. I can tell you that God is the only logical ...
Why would you say women cant lead men9/21/2008
  Q: Why would you say women can not lead men when women make up that majority of most churches in this ...
  A: I certainly can see your reasoning. I know some women who are smart and would make great leaders. ...
Biblical Doctrine9/11/2008
  Q: Is Lordship Salvation a Biblical view of salvation?
  A: You have asked a simple question that could have a very detailed answer. I will give you a simple ...
using Jesus's name9/3/2008
  Q: Can you explain John 14:13-14? This seems too good to be true. Even verse 12. I think Jesus said ...
  A: Here is the passage inJohn 14:12-14 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the ...
Biblical requirements for forgiveness9/1/2008
  Q: We're taught that if we confess our sins that we're forgiven but I'm not well read enough to know if ...
  A: I think that we can get stuck here when we think that we can merit God's forgiveness or His grace. ...
Jesus took the keys from the devil8/29/2008
  Q: Where at in the Holy Bible does it say Jesus went to hell(hades, sheol) and took the keys from the ...
  A: Jesus never took keys from Satan. Jesus always has had the keys. There are only two verses that ...
Throne and Lamb8/21/2008
  Q: according to Bible Who is sit on the Throne in Revelation 4:10 and who is the lamb in Revelation 5:6 ...
  A: I believe that it is God that sits on the Throne and God that is the Lamb in Revelation 5. God the ...
angel of death8/12/2008
  Q: Isaelites-aaaegyptian slavery Was the angel of death present? 2nd Question- Was God's people warned ...
  A: The angel of death was present on that first Passover night. That is what helped liberate the Jews ...
TIME OF DAY8/2/2008
  Q: WHAT ARE THE "WATCH" TIMES REFERENCED IN THE BIBLE? I.E. FIRST WATCH, 2ND WATCH, ETC.
  A: The Jewish day started at 6:00 PM. Each watch was 3 hours long. 1st -6:00-9:00 2nd 9:00- midnight ...
Acts 9:57/31/2008
  Q: We are studying the book of Acts in our Sunday school class. When we came across Acts 9:5 and it ...
  A: Everywhere that the gospel was preached in Jerusalem, the death of Jesus was mentioned, and the Jews ...
family in heaven7/22/2008
  Q: Hello and thankyou for taking my question - could you give me any verses in the bible that would ...
  A: David sinned against God and because of that his son died. David was speaking about the dearture of ...
Isa 3 vs 15-267/15/2008
  Q: Can you please eloborate on the above quoted scripture. God Bless Thank You
  A: I am very sorry for my late response. Isa 3:15 What mean ye that ye beat my people to pieces, and ...
3 unclean spirits7/11/2008
  Q: In revelations it talks about three unclean spirits coming out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast ...
  A: I believe that Demons have always had the ability to do false miracles in order do decieve people. ...
The sea of reeds7/4/2008
  Q: If every thig in the bible is true, indly explain the sea of reeds and the red sea.
  A: The Red sea is where the Bible says they crossed.... I believe that they did cross there. The reed ...
2Samuel:11-145/19/2008
  Q: who is the bible talking about?
  A: Do you mean 2 Samuel chapter 11 and verse 14? If that is the case, the person is David. If you ...
Matthew 25:31-465/18/2008
  Q: Can you help finding answers to the following questions on Matthew 25:31-46 (NIV) 1. Who are the ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. Here are some things to keep in mind. 1. Not everyone is a child ...
Nephilims, The Bible Code and Matt.,Mark and Luke4/9/2008
  Q: I kinda wanted your thoughts on the subject of aliens being Nephilims/Fallen Angels? ( also thought ...
  A: Let me briefly try to answer each of them: 1. There are fallen angels, they are known as demons. ...
Revelations, i really need help!1/20/2008
  Q: How are you sir? i have a question or questions about the book of revelations and the united states ...
  A: I will try to answer all of them briefly. If you need further clarification, please send a follow ...
suffer the little children1/5/2008
  Q: I am trying to find out WHY Jesus said "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these" in referring ...
  A: I believe that the reason that Jesus said that is that Children have simple faith. They simly take ...
jesus1/1/2008
  Q: Why did Jesus weep at the death of Lazures's death when he was shortly going to raise him from the ...
  A: If we look at the context, I think that our answer becomes clear. John 11:32-36 32 Then when Mary ...
attending church12/30/2007
  Q: i just read your answer on going to church and im 100% in aggreance. i to beleive to bible is God ...
  A: 1 Timothy 2:11-12 11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman ...
Passion for the things of God12/29/2007
  Q: how can i restore my passion and joy in the things of God
  A: A while ago, I preached a message on this very subject. I will paste the notes and scripture ...
Genesis12/16/2007
  Q: God told Adam not to eat of the Tree of Knowledge "for in the day you eat of it you shall die". Gen ...
  A: God did not lie. On the very day that they ate the fruit, they died spiritually, and began to die ...
glory12/12/2007
  Q: .......but while this is obvious, are there any actual bible verses that come right out and say it ...
  A: The following verses may come close to what you are looking for. Philippians 2:5-11 5 Let this ...
bible verse12/3/2007
  Q: Pastor Carpenter, Thank you very much for your time. I heard someone quote a Bible verse and I ...
  A: I am usually pretty good at finding verses, but I am just not sure where to find this one. I have ...
Redemption11/11/2007
  Q: Christians always say "Christ paid the price for our sin." But what price did Jesus pay the price ...
  A: The point is that Jesus tasted of death both physical death, and Hell, but conquered both. Isaiah ...
seeing angels11/6/2007
  Q: Vague, I admit, but I remember a passage where Moses? or someone was possibly involved in a battle, ...
  A: Here is your passage, or at least I think that this is the one. 2 Kings 6:13-17 13 And he said, Go ...
Genesis 3:2211/5/2007
  Q: In Genesis 3:22 GOD says that the man is becoming like us knowing both good and evil. My question is ...
  A: I believe that in this passage, in Genesis 1:26-27, and i Genesis 11 when God refers to Himself in ...
god change his mind?10/7/2007
  Q: Ive been studying the bible seriously for a year or so now,and Im finding some things very ...
  A: It appears that scriptures contradict themselves... but we know that this cannot be, because the ...
Seraphs - Seraphim10/7/2007
  Q: G'day, I go to the Ballarat Family Church of Christ here in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. Our ...
  A: Seraphim are special angels created for the purpose of praising God in Heaven. They are only ...
Virginity10/4/2007
  Q: This is a serious question, I am not a prankster, I have never understood the viginity cloth of the ...
  A: I am very sorry for this late response. Thank you for your question. The marriage sheet was an ...
Family in Heaven9/26/2007
  Q: WHEN YOU GET TO HEAVEN I KNOW YOU WILL KNOW YOUR LOVE ONES, BUT SOMEONE ASK ME WILL YOU KNOW THEM AS ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. I do believe that you will recognize people in Heaven. In Luke ...
Jesus, fear9/12/2007
  Q: I have been thinking and can't figure this out because I believe the Bible is silent on it. When ...
  A: Matthew 26:36-39 36 Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the ...
eating meat9/6/2007
  Q: My question is not really bout eating meat... the Bible says Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge ...
  A: These verses do not contradict, they help clarify each other. It is not a sin to eat meat. It is ...
old testament??8/17/2007
  Q: In Joshua xxiv. 31, it is said "And Israel served the Lord all the days of Joshua, and all the days ...
  A: I am sorry for my late response. It is common knowledge that some books bearing the names of ...
Bilble8/8/2007
  Q: This is quite a big question and I'm not sure how to answer it in the round.What are the great ...
  A: I think that the biggest influence the the Bible has is the one it has on individuals when they come ...
End Times8/1/2007
  Q: My husband is a pastor and was asked the following questions. We have tried to come up with the ...
  A: I am sorry for the late response. I hope that it will still help you. Let us consider together ...
Thou shalt not kill7/5/2007
  Q: I am not a soldier, and I am not thinking about killing anyone, so don't worry. I just had a ...
  A: It is important to understand that the commandment given in Exodus 20 was a prohatition of murder ...
Revelation 7:174/26/2007
  Q: What does this scripture mean? Please explain what you feel the scripture is meaning or discussing.
  A: Let us look at the whole context of the verse in question. Revelation 7:13-17 13 And one of the ...
SmackTalk at Church4/11/2007
  Q: there are some elders at my church that are saying bad things about me. They say that I only go to ...
  A: If you know FOR SURE who has been spreading these things about you and what was said, I do believe ...
Easter in the Bible4/8/2007
  Q: Can you give me a reason why the word Easter is in only found in the KJV of the Bible and all other ...
  A: Here is a simple explanation: 1. Let us see the use in context: Act 12:1 Now about that time ...
RUNNING IN CHURCH3/28/2007
  Q: IS THERE ANY BOOKS AND VERSES IN THE BIBLE THAT TALKS ABOUT RUNNING IN CHURCH? WHEN I FEEL THE LORD ...
  A: I am very sorry for this late answer. I have several thoughts on this matter. 1. There are no ...
Scriptures in the Bible1/29/2007
  Q: Why is Deuteronomy 23:1 and 25:11-12 written in the Bible? I mean what was the purpose of that and ...
  A: Deuteronomy 23:1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not ...
Great Women of the Bible1/22/2007
  Q: I am doing a research paper on some of the Great Women of the Bible. I want to base my paper around ...
  A: The strongest woman in the Bible for me is Esther. She was a Jewish girl brought up during a time ...
Cain and Abel1/18/2007
  Q: Were Cain and Abel twins?
  A: Genesis 4:1-2 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have ...
going to church1/8/2007
  Q: I have this friend who is a Christian. when i asked him if he went to church he told me no and then ...
  A: The first thing we need to do is to completely understand the word,"Church". Church comes from a ...
Equlaty1/6/2007
  Q: It is the fact that they can only be male but why? We are supposed to be equal in Gods eyes. This ...
  A: It is easy to get confused about religious issues when you are learning from different and ...
question on God and Lucifer1/4/2007
  Q: had this question for a really long time. If I see an old lady crossing in the sidewalk and could ...
  A: The problem with your analogy is that the woman was not trying to commit suicide by having the bus ...
Question12/19/2006
  Q: Where does the idea of different orders of demons like the incubbus and sucubbus come from? Do they ...
  A: The idea of demons having sex with humans comes from Genesis 6 where the sons of God came to the ...
love12/15/2006
  Q: I've been asking about love; we are told to love God, love your enemies, love yourself. Are all ...
  A: Although your questions are short, one could write books in order to answer them completely. I am ...
Baptized, demons..12/5/2006
  Q: I have a question, I got reborn, baptized and have been walking with the Lord righteously, as in ...
  A: I do not believe that a born again believer can be possessed with demons. Evil spirits are ...
Spiritualism12/1/2006
  Q: I need your help/advice concerning my neice. She has become what she calls a spiritualist. Her last ...
  A: I believe that you are right to be concerned about your neice. She has been swept away and ...
Godhead11/13/2006
  Q: I would be interested in your views...., Do you believe in a triune God or trinity ? If so, maybe ...
  A: I do believe in the Trinity and I will try to give some Biblical reasons for this and answer some of ...
Old Covenant11/11/2006
  Q: Do you happen to know if www.OldCovenant.com is really true ? Thanks.
  A: This is an interesting site. It shows that God was right when He described our enemy the Devil. ...
BIBLICAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR AN EVANGELISTS11/6/2006
  Q: I am being led of God to preach the word in the role of an Evangelist. Coming from an Independent ...
  A: I strongly suggest that you speak with your pastor on this subject. Remember, just because you ...
bible thesis defence11/2/2006
  Q: what makes you to belive their is God in the first chapter in the bible.what will you write if you ...
  A: The Bible assumes the existence of God as do I. I believe in God, specifically the God of the Bible ...
Jesus10/31/2006
  Q: Did Jesus stay in his divinity all his life, or were their certain times when he used his divinity ...
  A: I do not believe that Jesus ever lost His deity, but I do believe that it was vailed in human flesh, ...
end times10/30/2006
  Q: Who are the 144,000 witnessing to if the Holy Spirit is gone and hearts are harden? I have heard ...
  A: Revelation 7:2-10 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living ...
lukes gospel10/28/2006
  Q: i am currently studying lukes gospel and want to know what are the main things these chapters 21&22 ...
  A: I am not sure what you are looking for so I will answer this briefly. You can send more spec ific ...
does the bible say this?10/28/2006
  Q: does the bible say that Jesus had all the sames temptations "as is common to man"? If so, what does ...
  A: Here is the verse of which you speak: 1 Corinthians 10:13 13 There hath no temptation taken you but ...
tree of knowledge10/15/2006
  Q: WHY DID GOD PLANT THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL IN THE MIDST OF THE GARDEN KNOWING THAT MAN ...
  A: The Bible does not give us a reason that God did this. I could speculate that it was so that God ...
commandments10/8/2006
  Q: I WAS READING THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE COMMANDMENTS BUT I HAVE SOME THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE PLEASE ...
  A: Here is the passage you asked about: 1 John 2:7-14 7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, ...
Offices of the Church9/25/2006
  Q: I had heard that there are only two offices of the church that is listed in the Bible, that is only ...
  A: You are close.... there are two officers... the pastor and the deacon. Below is an explanation of ...
Synagogue of Satan9/22/2006
  Q: Who are these people(synagogue of satan)? JESUS indicates they are not jews...does this mean they're ...
  A: Let us look at the passages inRevelation 2:8-10 8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; ...
Regaurding the sabboth9/9/2006
  Q: You say that the fourth commandment was done away with with the rising of Christ right? what about ...
  A: Here is what the Bible says about the 10 commandments, the law written in stone: 2 Corinthians ...
I am searching for a scripture9/1/2006
  Q: I hope that this isn't a silly question. Isn't there a scripture in God's Word that makes reference ...
  A: I must tell you, I have been the ministry studying the Bible since 1982. I have read the Bible ...
Protestant vs. Catholic perspectives8/26/2006
  Q: How can Protestant churches say they believe the Bible literally most of the time (Jesus walking on ...
  A: A litteral interpretation of scripture does not ignore literary divices. When Jesus said this is my ...
Jesus, the Gentiles and Samarians7/21/2006
  Q: Why does Jesus instruct the apostles NOT to go among the Gentiles or Samaritans, yet Jesus himself ...
  A: Jesus did specifically command that the gospel go beyond the walls of Judaesim. Notice the last ...
EVERY WORD GOD-BREATHED7/9/2006
  Q: Pastor When you say that every word of the Bible is God-breathed, does this mean that you can, or ...
  A: Our ability to understand the Bible in no way diminishes the truth of the Bible. Every word of ...
Biblical reliability11/28/2005
  Q: There is nothing I would like more than to believe that the books of the bible are true. However, ...
  A: I am not sure where tostart.... you seem to have already reached a conclusion and I can't imagine ...
god-breathed?10/16/2005
  Q: You wrote that you believed that every word in the bible is God breathed. Does that mean that there ...
  A: What I mean is that I believe that God wrote the Bible through human instruments. He used different ...
help finding a scripture9/2/2005
  Q: A friend is having a hard time letting go of a past relationship. She knows that this person does ...
  A: THere is an Old English term for one bailing out another with loans or co-signing for loans...the ...
John 14, 166/30/2005
  Q: In chapter john 14, verse 16, the bible talks about a comforter. who is this comforter...we know ...
  A: THe answer is found in the following verse: John 14:16-17 16 And I will pray the Father, and he ...
cds6/29/2005
  Q: do you where i can find some free cds online with minister sermons on them? thx dee
  A: Sorry for the long time in my response. If you send me your address ( if you are in the US) I can ...
Devil helpers?6/23/2005
  Q: Let me start off by saying; I'm a writer, and the information I am requesting is for a story. I hope ...
  A: I will give you some scripture references and you can do with them what you wish. Ephesians 6:12 12 ...
Can Satan Heal5/25/2005
  Q: Last night in Bible study the question about whether or not Satan has the power to actually heal a ...
  A: Please forgive my late response. I believe that the Beast spoken of in Revelation 13 is a human ...
mine is more of feedback4/4/2005
  Q: Okay, I am not typing this to argue, but only to get feedback on my words. Okay I read your answer ...
  A: Obviously I am not a Presbyterian, so it is good to find out exactly what some Presbyterians ...
Bible Verses about Church?3/21/2005
  Q: I was just wondering if there are any strong verses in the bible that talk about the absolute need ...
  A: First of all it was Jesus that established the concept of a church. Matthew 16:18 18 And I say ...
God2/13/2005
  Q: Pastor Don: If God loves us so much, why can't we worship him directly? Why do we have to go to an ...
  A: The first thing that we must understand is that God is Holy and cannot stand before sin. If we were ...
Baptizm1/11/2005
  Q: I am a life long Christian who was Baptized as an infant in the Lutheran Church, then confirmed at ...
  A: Let us consider a few things. 1. The Biblical pre-requsite for Baptism is personal belief. Acts ...
Temptation10/29/2004
  Q: "I have a friend that is struggling with keeping on Gods path. He was very stead fast and going ...
  A: Please forgive my late response. Here are a few general verses regarding temptation, warning, and ...
Hell10/26/2004
  Q: After recently conducting a study of the concept of hell, I have come to a preliminary belief ...
  A: To be short....yes you are wrong. If you are right, then Our Savior, Jesus Christ is a liar! Jesus ...
inheritance10/13/2004
  Q: Pastor Don, When the New Testament talks about the believer's "inheritance", do you think the ...
  A: When studying inheritance, you will find that it is tied into the doctrine of adoption. You see, ...
hoda9/30/2004
  Q: I am interested in learning about Christianity. Can you recommend me a book to read that is about ...
  A: Let me respectfully suggest that you read primary sources as you study christianity.... The Bible is ...
Female Prophets?8/4/2004
  Q: Recently I saw "The Passion of the Christ." I was born and raised a Catholic and my wife Jewish. We ...
  A: I think that the passion was the closest thing to a Biblical account that has ever come out of ...
1 Corinthians8/4/2004
  Q: What does Paul mean in 1 Corinthians 15:29? Thank you.
  A: You have asked a tough question. Below I will paste a good answer that I found. 1 Corinthians ...
condensed version?7/27/2004
  Q: I've always been interested in the bible and the stories in it. Unfortuneatly I find it too boring ...
  A: I have some scriptures for you to consider. Psalm 12:6-7 6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as ...
Chatper 1 book of Jonah6/30/2004
  Q: I was wondering if you could explain or find out what the book of Jonah in the Old Testament means ...
  A: I am sorry for the delay... we had a death in the church and I did not get to my questions like I ...
Noah's animals.6/19/2004
  Q: I know this may be a strange question to ask, butI need to know or at least be able to take an ...
  A: The Bible does not tell us what Noah would have considered to be clean or unclean, so I cannot ...
KJV6/10/2004
  Q: Most marketing materials of modern Bible versions claim that the King James Bible is based on ...
  A: You have happened to hit upon a subject about which I am very passionate. The short answer to your ...
relationships5/30/2004
  Q: We all know that God forbids homosexual acts but loves homosexual persons. If a homosexual couple in ...
  A: 1 Peter 2:11-12 11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly ...
Validity of New Testament2/5/2004
  Q: My question is due to the doubt I have been experiencing as a result of reading the Da Vinci Code by ...
  A: Let me try to simplify the subject at hand. What we need to know is, can we trust the Bible to be ...

All Questions in This Category

Bible Studies

Pastor Don Carpenter

Top Expert on this page