Bicycle Repair/Shimano ST-CT15 rear shifter

frank 54 wrote at 2014-08-13 04:16:12
Yes, the above was very true. I have a MT Shasta mountain bike (circa '93?) with Shimano parts.  Same situation as the person with problem of not shifting.  I was just about to order a set of st-ct15 gear shifters but went ahead and followed the advise first of spraying solvent inside of handle bar shifters first. I placed bike upsidedown and just kept spraying solvent into it as I kept trying to shift.  Took awhile, then suddenly it caught and upon riding it, goes up and down the full 7 gear range nicely.  It did take a spell to disolve, this bike in storage for 15 years or so.

Bicycle Repair

James Novak

I can answer most inquiries with respect to bicycle assembly, repair, tuning and maintenance. I am less than inclined to speak on such questions as "What kind of bike should I buy?", &/or "What is this bike worth?", etc. Any answers to these types of questions may correlate poorly to an acceptable "fact/sarcasm" ratio.

7 seasons of "Professional" bicycle service/repair, etc. 4 seasons as Instructor, Professional Bicycle Mechanic training college. n-1 seasons of riding, cracking, crushing, mutilating and breaking bikes of any & all varieties, and thus requiring intense and at-hand skills development, etc.

Certified Professional Bicycle Mechanic; Winterborne Bicycle Institute/Conestoga College

The Hub Bicycle Shop, Hespeler Winterborne Bicycle Institute