Bicycle Repair/STEEL RIMS FOR MOUNTAIN BIKE

Question
HELLO: I'M AFRAID TO ASK STORES, NOT INCLINED TO PUT MY FAITH IN ANYTHING FROM CHINA, I HAVE A MOUNTAIN BIKE WITH ORIGINAL STEEL RIMS VERY STURDY BUT ARE BENT A LITTLE, MAY NEED NEW RIMS, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF STEEL RIMS ARE AVAILABLE THESE DAYS IN THAT QUALITY AND ARE THEY MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE?

Answer
Bicycle rims made of steel may still be available, but the paradox remains that their diminished prevalence means that the quality of  stock is likely to be very low.  Since aluminum is the overwhelming choice of material, any steel variants out there are going to be found on only the lowest rung of options. The good news is that steel is quite repairable; as long as they are not rusting out, any dents or dings can be wrangled back to  a true state. So, keep your steel wheels, if you want. Take them to a shop with a competent mechanic, and she/he should be able to straighten them.  

Bicycle Repair

James Novak