Bicycle Repair/parking a bile

Question
Hello

I have an 11 years old KHS comp full suspensions RockShox Duke XC, 4".   I always park it up side down, on its handlebar and seat when not riding. Never leaked in 11 years.   Recently started leaking oil  from the front suspensions. I  Called and made an appointment with shop mechanic.  However, he is telling me ( on the phone)  that if I keep park the bike like this, it will continue leaking and it is not good idea... 

What is the best way to park it ( hanging it from the ceiling is not an option for me)  ?  

Any way to avoid it in the future ( oil leaking)  -  extra sealing ?  if I keep park it on its seat and handlebar which I think is better...

Thank you?   Gabe?

Answer
Storing your bike in the way that you describe should not be a problem. However, after 11 years, it appears as if your fork seals may be worn out or packed with dirt/grunge, etc. This is the likely cause of your oil leak.
When you take the bike/fork in  for service, ask to have the seals replaced or refurbished. With fresh seals, you should be able to store the bike any way you find most convenient.  

Bicycle Repair

James Novak