Bicycle Repair/Dis Breaks

Can you put dis breaks on Schwinn Prelude bike model number s4030

The short answer: No.Neither the frame nor the fork of that bike appears to have the necessary mounting tabs for disc brake calipers.
If the frame/fork is made of steel, and if you are feeling adventurous, you could procure the required mounting brackets and have them welded on....These are very big "ifs", however, as the requisite time/effort would be large.

Good Luck.

Bicycle Repair

James Novak

I can answer most inquiries with respect to bicycle assembly, repair, tuning and maintenance. I am less than inclined to speak on such questions as "What kind of bike should I buy?", &/or "What is this bike worth?", etc. Any answers to these types of questions may correlate poorly to an acceptable "fact/sarcasm" ratio.

7 seasons of "Professional" bicycle service/repair, etc. 4 seasons as Instructor, Professional Bicycle Mechanic training college. n-1 seasons of riding, cracking, crushing, mutilating and breaking bikes of any & all varieties, and thus requiring intense and at-hand skills development, etc.

Certified Professional Bicycle Mechanic; Winterborne Bicycle Institute/Conestoga College

The Hub Bicycle Shop, Hespeler Winterborne Bicycle Institute