Bicycle Repair/schwinn 3 speed internal gear hub

what do i use to clean out and lubricate the hub and bearings?

Upon disassembly, the easiest way to degrease/relube simultaneously is to soak the internal planetary-gear/axle unit in a bath of automotive automatic transmission fluids (ATF).
Let the unit soak for at least 30 minutes(overnight would be optimum), let suspend the unit, allowing it to "drip-dry". That takes care of the plantentary unit.
Regarding the axle/hub bearings, depending on their condition vis. corrosion, residual grease/gunk, may require a hot(!!) water and dish-soap soak/ rinse, or a mere wipedown. Re-lubing with any good grade of grease will set things right in this area.

Bicycle Repair

James Novak

I can answer most inquiries with respect to bicycle assembly, repair, tuning and maintenance. I am less than inclined to speak on such questions as "What kind of bike should I buy?", &/or "What is this bike worth?", etc. Any answers to these types of questions may correlate poorly to an acceptable "fact/sarcasm" ratio.

7 seasons of "Professional" bicycle service/repair, etc. 4 seasons as Instructor, Professional Bicycle Mechanic training college. n-1 seasons of riding, cracking, crushing, mutilating and breaking bikes of any & all varieties, and thus requiring intense and at-hand skills development, etc.

Certified Professional Bicycle Mechanic; Winterborne Bicycle Institute/Conestoga College

The Hub Bicycle Shop, Hespeler Winterborne Bicycle Institute