Bicycle Repair/will it work

I need to replace the crank shaft on my cruiser was wondering if I can used parts off of my mountain bike I don't know if they're compatible

Looking at the relative diameters of the bottom bracket section of the frame(s) will give you clues as to crankset fitment options. Also, if your cruiser cranks are of the "one-piece" variety, there is likely to be less compatability with MTB-type "3-piece" crank/bottom bracket bearing systems.

Bicycle Repair

James Novak

I can answer most inquiries with respect to bicycle assembly, repair, tuning and maintenance. I am less than inclined to speak on such questions as "What kind of bike should I buy?", &/or "What is this bike worth?", etc. Any answers to these types of questions may correlate poorly to an acceptable "fact/sarcasm" ratio.

7 seasons of "Professional" bicycle service/repair, etc. 4 seasons as Instructor, Professional Bicycle Mechanic training college. n-1 seasons of riding, cracking, crushing, mutilating and breaking bikes of any & all varieties, and thus requiring intense and at-hand skills development, etc.

Certified Professional Bicycle Mechanic; Winterborne Bicycle Institute/Conestoga College

The Hub Bicycle Shop, Hespeler Winterborne Bicycle Institute