Bicycle Repair/Bike damage

I am looking at a bike I might purchase, second hand, so I'm really inspecting every inch of it.
On one I found some damage I cannot decide if it's a minor scrape or it's threatening. Photo attached.

My own reasoning...the scrape on the right is on the outer side, which would make me think of something minor like just hitting against a bucket in the garage, something stupid. But the scrape on the left is on the inside so putting them together they would suggest flexion. And they'd make me steer clear from that bike! What do you think?

From the information provided, I can't  comment on the cause of the paint chipping. It could be caused by flexion, as you stated, but it also might simply be the result of  ham-handed insertion/removal of the rear wheel. The bike does seem to be of higher quality spec (Carbon fiber/aluminum hybrid construction, Campagnolo kit, etc., so my advice would be to ask the present owner for a more thorough test ride of the bike, one that would allow you to put some extra effort down, perhaps drawing out any glaring stability issues.

Bicycle Repair

James Novak

I can answer most inquiries with respect to bicycle assembly, repair, tuning and maintenance. I am less than inclined to speak on such questions as "What kind of bike should I buy?", &/or "What is this bike worth?", etc. Any answers to these types of questions may correlate poorly to an acceptable "fact/sarcasm" ratio.

7 seasons of "Professional" bicycle service/repair, etc. 4 seasons as Instructor, Professional Bicycle Mechanic training college. n-1 seasons of riding, cracking, crushing, mutilating and breaking bikes of any & all varieties, and thus requiring intense and at-hand skills development, etc.

Certified Professional Bicycle Mechanic; Winterborne Bicycle Institute/Conestoga College

The Hub Bicycle Shop, Hespeler Winterborne Bicycle Institute