Bicycling/upgrading?

Question
Hello

A very general question, please.   I have a 10 years old KHS Comp mountain bike.

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/older-categories-bikes/2002-full-suspension/khs/fxt-comp

If I am buying a new good bike,  will I feel any MUCH different in efficiency, pedaling ? Other advantages?   Or, it is more for technical trails that you need the more advanced suspensions which I do not that much need ?

I do light plus trails but I got more into it and would like know whether it is worthwhile or not?   I live in a very small town so I can not really try one here.

Thank you,   Gabe

Answer
Hi Gabe,

I'm not sure why your question came to me--I only do road biking, not mountain biking. So I'm afraid that I'm the wrong person to answer your question.

Someone else with experience with off-road riding will probably be able to help you.

Howard

Bicycling

Howard Stone