Bicycling/GMC road bike

I ride a comfort bike  Gazelle Amsterdam from Bikes Direct since 2007, I also was a riding a Elite Sport by Motecane for the last two years until it was stolen in September. I ride the comfort bike to work and back weekdays. I also ride for one hour to one hour and half each day on weekends. I was thinking about upgrading to road bike  for my weekend riding but my funds are low. Do you think it is worth it to buy a GMC road bike from Walmart?

Dept store bikes are cheap, not for serious riders. I would be more inclined to search for a good used bike. Check out bike clubs in your area, many may have a member listings for used bikes.

Bike fit is important. You need to make sure the bike fits you properly.

Hope this helps,

I'm sorry you didn't like my answer. I've been riding with clubs for over 30 years. I've worked as a tour leader for commercial bike tour companies. So saying what I said about serious riders does mean a great deal. It means that department store bikes are for kids or casual riders who may ride a couple of times a month. They are cheaply made and will not give the rider a good ride.

I didn't say to join a club, just to see if you can find a used bike being sold by a club member.

Good luck on search, but spending under $300 for a road bike is a waste of money.  

I can answer many questions on bicycling. I have been cycle touring for many years.

I've lead cycling trips for several organizations.