Bicycling/Tricycle racing games.

Dear Tad

Can tricycle racing road games events be organised?.

Can tricycle racing games be considered in Olympic games?.

Tricycle racing was very popular in England in the early 1980's. Well, maybe "very" is too strong of a word! It was popular for a while.

To organize racing it would first take enough people that ride tricycles. Then enough of those riders would have to be interested in racing. Then after you get enough people racing and can sustain it for years then you can approach the Olympic Organizing Committee with the proposal to first be an exhibition sport then if that is received a full Olympic sport.

So you can see that the chances would be pretty slim that it would become an Olympic sport.

I always thought those racing trikes from the '80's were pretty cool. I always keep an eye open for one. Check out this website:

Thanks for the questions!

Tad Hylkema

I can help you with bicycle fitting problems (proper fit, numb hands, etc.), Buying help (Which type of bike, brand, so forth), basic repair problems (Flat tires, poor shifting, noises, etc.), technique questions (How to climb better, how to ride in traffic...), and even basic training questions (first race, long tour, or just a weight loss program). Some repairs are better left to the experts, we used to call this category "home repair gone bad." However, many fixes are simple and can be done by most. I will simply tell you if you should try it or take it to a shop. I will even help you ask the right questions when you walk into a shop so you can feel more confident. If I don't know an answer I can find out and get back to you.

I have worked in bicycle shops or the bicycle industry since 1984. I started racing around that time but rode bicycles and did some touring before that. I have managed large shops in the upper Midwest, been invited to join a professional team as mechanic, which I turned down so I could open my own shop. I have built wheels for two US National Champions. I have also been a consultant to retailers and manager of a bicycle fitting system company here in the US. My greatest joy is helping people get into riding and be more confident about their riding and bicycle.

Various regional enthusiast publications.

Doesn't really apply but I do have a BA in English/History (Both very marketable - that is why I stayed in bicycles!) And had been working on my Master in Education before I thought better of that.