Bicycling/Tricycle v/s Bicycle

Dear Tad

As compared to Bicycle, more strength will be required for tricycle to drive in the Mountains?.

Because there is more resistance on the road from one more tyre, yes it will require a bit more strength. Most tricycles today, at least here in the USA are utilitarian. They are mainly used in industrial settings for moving internal deliveries of parts in factories and for people with special needs. Unfortunately the majority of the trikes are very heavy with gearing that is meant for low speed power.

Recumbent trikes have a bit of a market here and are much lighter and geared for road use.

What are our objectives for the use of a tricycle?

If you want you can contact me off of this, to make communications a bit easier. bikesnrovers at gmail dot com

Tad Hylkema

I can help you with bicycle fitting problems (proper fit, numb hands, etc.), Buying help (Which type of bike, brand, so forth), basic repair problems (Flat tires, poor shifting, noises, etc.), technique questions (How to climb better, how to ride in traffic...), and even basic training questions (first race, long tour, or just a weight loss program). Some repairs are better left to the experts, we used to call this category "home repair gone bad." However, many fixes are simple and can be done by most. I will simply tell you if you should try it or take it to a shop. I will even help you ask the right questions when you walk into a shop so you can feel more confident. If I don't know an answer I can find out and get back to you.

I have worked in bicycle shops or the bicycle industry since 1984. I started racing around that time but rode bicycles and did some touring before that. I have managed large shops in the upper Midwest, been invited to join a professional team as mechanic, which I turned down so I could open my own shop. I have built wheels for two US National Champions. I have also been a consultant to retailers and manager of a bicycle fitting system company here in the US. My greatest joy is helping people get into riding and be more confident about their riding and bicycle.

Various regional enthusiast publications.

Doesn't really apply but I do have a BA in English/History (Both very marketable - that is why I stayed in bicycles!) And had been working on my Master in Education before I thought better of that.