Bicycling/Tubeless tyres in Bicycles.

Question
Dear Tad

Can we have tubeless tyres in Bicycles?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Yes! Tubeless tires (or tyres) have been around for years. There are many manufacturers of retrofit systems, Stan's No Tubes. Orange Seal, Bontrager, Hutchinson... and others. And many new bikes come ready for tubeless.

It is very popular in mountain biking and cyclocross and gaining popularity for road bikes.

Making your bike tubeless is pretty easy but to do it right you really need a compressor to blast a huge amount of air into the tire quickly. Trek/Bontrager has a very cool floor pump called the Flash Charger that acts like a compressor. You can do it with a regular floor pump but it is a messy processes and might be better to have your local bike shop do the conversion.

Keep riding!

Tad

Bicycling

Tad Hylkema