Bicycling/2005 Fuji Roubaix Pro

Question
Hi Jerry,
I have a 2005 Fuji Roubaix Pro with about 75 or fewer miles on it and I had it tuned up last year.  I have three small kids thus the reason for the low miles :) I have decided that someone should enjoy it. What would be a fair asking price?

Thank you for your time.
Kim

Answer
Hi Kim,

Being 10 years old the bike is not worth what  a new bike would be, but is still substantially more valuable than a department store bicycle. It retailed for about 1200.00 new I believe. It of course depends on the condition of the bike, how well it has been taken care of and such, if there are any badly worn parts, rust or anything like that.

Based solely on your description, sounds like it is in good to excellent condition, so if I had it in my store I would probably start out asking 300.00 for it and not sell it for much less than 200.00 if you are going to sell it to the "retail" market.

If you are going to try to sell it to a dealer or store that has to resale it expect to get 1/2 or less than that amount as they will need to make a profit on the sale and will sell it for about what you can. If you came into my store to "sell" the bike I would pay probably no more than 100.00 for it, unless I had a customer waiting so I could flip it quick then I may pay as much as 150.00 depending on what I knew I could sell it for.  

So basically depending on the condition of the bike and how quickly you want the money for it anywhere from 100.00 to 300.00 could be a fair price.

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Jerry  

Bicycling

Jerry Goodwin