Bicycling/2005 Fuji Roubaix Pro

Hi Jerry,
I have a 2005 Fuji Roubaix Pro with about 75 or fewer miles on it and I had it tuned up last year.  I have three small kids thus the reason for the low miles :) I have decided that someone should enjoy it. What would be a fair asking price?

Thank you for your time.

Hi Kim,

Being 10 years old the bike is not worth what  a new bike would be, but is still substantially more valuable than a department store bicycle. It retailed for about 1200.00 new I believe. It of course depends on the condition of the bike, how well it has been taken care of and such, if there are any badly worn parts, rust or anything like that.

Based solely on your description, sounds like it is in good to excellent condition, so if I had it in my store I would probably start out asking 300.00 for it and not sell it for much less than 200.00 if you are going to sell it to the "retail" market.

If you are going to try to sell it to a dealer or store that has to resale it expect to get 1/2 or less than that amount as they will need to make a profit on the sale and will sell it for about what you can. If you came into my store to "sell" the bike I would pay probably no more than 100.00 for it, unless I had a customer waiting so I could flip it quick then I may pay as much as 150.00 depending on what I knew I could sell it for.  

So basically depending on the condition of the bike and how quickly you want the money for it anywhere from 100.00 to 300.00 could be a fair price.

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Jerry Goodwin

I can answer questions related to any of the following areas alternative medicine, fitness, physical education, weight training, senior health, bicycling, personal trainers, personal training, medical technology, health and wellness, eating disorders, weight loss, Naturopathy, first aid, and bodybuilding. In fact I was listed as an expert in each of these categories at until they closed down

Past/Present clients
Clients of my personal training business (BMG Services Fitness and Nutrition) range from 15-80 and include Attorneys, Real Estate Brokers, Homemakers, and even Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen. By far though the bulk of my client base is the 40 plus female that has raised her family and now is able to take some time for herself.