Biography/Consider the years

J Fibel wrote at 2013-07-17 23:00:15
The book was published in 1944. It was publish in 300 copies for the congregation B'rith Shalom. (Covenant of Peace) Rabbi Trachtenberg was Rabbi of  that congregation.  However, it is the history of the entire Jewish community of Easton.

There are very few copies available in the market because when it was published one congregant was so angry with one of the stories in the book that he bought all the copies he could find and burned them.

My family is mentioned in the book  

Nancy wrote at 2014-04-29 17:30:39
I am trying to obtain a copy of Consider the Years, by Trachtenberg. Can you put Victor in touch with me?

JMD wrote at 2015-05-28 14:00:55
Victor:

I just saw your inquiry about the Book "Consider the Years" by Joshua Tractenberg.  I have done some research using this book and would be happy to discuss its background with you.  You can contact me at jsgran@erols.com.

By the way, this book is reproduced in its entirety at ancestry.com, in a researchable form.

JMD

Biography

Wayne Groner