Biography/Holocaust memoirs

Dear Mr. Groner,

Is there anywhere a complete list of all Holocaust memoirs?  I know that there are partial lists but I hear that there are over 2,000 memoirs and I am wondering if there is a complete list.
Thank you very much.

Thanks for your question, Joan.

I don't know that there is a complete list of anything. Your best route is to enter into your browser's search field the words "complete list of holocaust memoirs," without the quotation marks, and see what comes up.

Your librarian also could help you locate resources. You could contact the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington, DC, and the Holocaust Museum, Houston, Texas.

Best wishes for every success.

Wayne Groner

I can answer questions on just about anything regarding writing and researching biographies, memoirs, corporate histories, and family histories including handling sensitive issues, interviewing, editing, self-publishing, and setting up a business as a memoir writer.

I have more than twenty-five years of experience as a radio and television news reporter, author, freelance writer, and workshop presenter. I present classes to nonprofits and professional groups, "How to Write Your Memoir or Life Story." I'm author of four nonfiction books. My latest book is A Guide to Writing Your Memoir or Life Story: Tools, Tips, Methods and Examples, available in paperback and eBook at Amazon. I'm past president of Springfield Writers' Guild (Missouri). My articles and book reviews on a variety of topics have been published in national magazines and on the Web. I was a senior-level college administrator for twenty-seven years, including nine years as a vice president, during which I wrote newsletters, brochures, magazine articles, and published and edited an alumni magazine.

Missouri Center for the Book, Springfield Writers' Guild, Greene County Historical Society, Christian County Historical Society.

Books: Witnesses of Hope, Faith, Love and Healing; Dumb Luck or Divine Guidance; The Pastor's Guide to Fund-raising Success; Levell-Drew Family History. National magazines including CASE Currents, Congregations, Ozarks Mountaineer, Your Community Hospice, Power and Light series of Sunday-school curriculum for adult learners.

Graceland College