Biology/Immune system response against Cholera

Rashed wrote at 2012-12-21 16:59:03
I can tell about the B and T cell little.

For B cell, in natural infection antibodies give protection up to one year via ani-CT Ab  and anti-LPS Ab. Long lived plasma cells give rise these Ab in serum after infection (these plasma cell probably niche at bone marrow). Ab mediated complement activation and vibriocidal components destroy bacterial toxin in serum (all toxin are unknown)

For T cell, CD4+ T cells help to B cell in antigen specific way, like CT invoke T cell mediated B cell antibody production but not LPS.

However, if you interested in cholera field, then I suggest you to see the articles from Dr. Firdausi Qadri and Stephen B. Calderwood, they are working in cholera for then two decades.  

Florence M Rollwagen

I can answer questions in biology, microbiology and immunology on the undergraduate or graduate level. I can also address medical and health concerns regarding alternative medicine, autoimmune diseases (lupus, MS) liver disease and intestinal problems.

I have over 20 years experience in research and teaching at the medical/graduate level, and 5 years teaching college biology and microbiology. My expertise is in microbiology and immunology, specifically the biology of cytokines and soluble immune response modifiers. I also carried out original research in blood substitutes and shock/trauma.

American Association of Immunologists (AAI) American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)

Journal of Experimental Medicine, Journal of Immunology, Cytokine, Shock, Experimental Hematology

BS biology 1966 MS biology 1968 PhD immunology 1979