Biology/Immune system response against Cholera

Rashed wrote at 2012-12-21 16:59:03
I can tell about the B and T cell little.

For B cell, in natural infection antibodies give protection up to one year via ani-CT Ab  and anti-LPS Ab. Long lived plasma cells give rise these Ab in serum after infection (these plasma cell probably niche at bone marrow). Ab mediated complement activation and vibriocidal components destroy bacterial toxin in serum (all toxin are unknown)

For T cell, CD4+ T cells help to B cell in antigen specific way, like CT invoke T cell mediated B cell antibody production but not LPS.

However, if you interested in cholera field, then I suggest you to see the articles from Dr. Firdausi Qadri and Stephen B. Calderwood, they are working in cholera for then two decades.  

Biology

Florence M Rollwagen