Biology/Evolution of Straight Hair

Chak wrote at 2013-10-08 06:55:35
In my opinion, the explanation of genetic drift and/or sexual selection are worse than the Just So Stories.

The just so stories are at least following the logic of natural selection and adaptation to the environment, but genetic drift is basically saying "it's a random mutation, we don't know why it happens in this way", and sexual selection is basically saying "just because the females like this feature, we don't know why they like it".

Even worse, you can't prove or disprove a claim of genetic drift and/or sexual selection. These claims are not falsifiable.

Chak

Biology

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.