Biology/Evolution of Straight Hair

Chak wrote at 2013-10-08 06:55:35
In my opinion, the explanation of genetic drift and/or sexual selection are worse than the Just So Stories.

The just so stories are at least following the logic of natural selection and adaptation to the environment, but genetic drift is basically saying "it's a random mutation, we don't know why it happens in this way", and sexual selection is basically saying "just because the females like this feature, we don't know why they like it".

Even worse, you can't prove or disprove a claim of genetic drift and/or sexual selection. These claims are not falsifiable.

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.

I can answer biology-related questions in the areas of evolution, zoology, botany, genetics, and ecology. But I don't answer homework questions or provide ideas for your science fair projects. So students please do your learning the right way by reading your text assignments and studying!

At the University of Miami, I teach Evolution and Biodiversity, Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Ecology, and a variety of seminars (e.g., the Biology and Evolution of Human Gender Roles).

I have a B.S. in Biology and an A.B. in English from the University of Southern California (1980). I earned my Ph.D. in Biology in the area of evolutionary biology/visual physiology from the University of Miami in 1989.

I am currently an "expert" in both the "Rabbits" and "Wild Animals" categories.