Biology/natural gas farts?

Question
My farts smell like natural gas, or rather the odor that is added to natural gas to detect a leak. Is this the same smell that's added to natural gas, and what is it? What causes this smell and am I okay?

I looked in the health and fitness section but couldn't find any category or subcategory that fit, and you know physiology so could you help me, please?

Answer
  Hi Shadow
Intestinal gas is Methane gas and the gas itself is odorless. The odor is due to other compounds. Since the natural gas we use is odorless methane a compound called methyl mercaptan is added to it so we can detect any leaks. Methyl mercaptan is skunk oil. You cannot have any skunk oil in your intestines so I cannot explain why you have the odor

Biology

Walter Hintz