Biology/decalcifying bones

Question
I am curious do you know what decalcifying is exactly and how its done? and is it possible for a person's skull to be decalcified

Answer
Hi Tony
Calcium is removed from bone by am increase in the activity of cells called Osteoclasts and the opposite reactions depend upon Osteoblasts Normally there is a balance between this activity.
When there is a lack of calcium intake or an abnormal parathyroid activity osteoclastic activity increases and there is a bone loss. It usually happens in the long bones first. It is unlikely the skull would be decalcified

Biology

Walter Hintz