Biology/Biology

Question
Why does your body store more energy as fat than a carbohydrate?

Answer
The body is constantly metabolizing the biological compounds, carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins. The metabolism of a carbohydrate releases quick energy with the breakdown of Glucose. More energy is needed to build and a lipid and more to metabolize it. Think of it this way. When I eat a meal some of the food is providing energy right away and some is stored as Glycogen. More of it is stored in fat cells. II eat more calories then needed it has to go someplace and is converted as a lipid.  

Biology

Walter Hintz