Biology/Where do shrimp in rain pools come from?

Question
From this Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wave,_Arizona

"After a rain storm, numerous pools form which can contain hundreds of tadpoles and fairy shrimp."

Where do the tadpoles and fairy shrimp in these pools come from?

Answer
Hi Frank
Many years ago I did an extensive study and presented a paper on the Branchiapoda( Fairy shrimp)
 The eggs of the tadpoles and fairy shrimp are already in these low areas that collect water and the ;life spans of the species are very short. First the Fairy shrimp,  Originally the eggs are probably carried to an area on the feet of birds. Once established they life histories are carried out whenever the rain occurs. The eggs can remain dormant far years. When water accumulates the eggs hatch and mature. Mating can occur but it is not necessary as females can lay unfertile eggs. They then day and the eggs remain dormant until the next rain. The strange the eggs must be dried desiccated and in temperate zones frozen in order to be viable.
 As to the frogs.  This is really bizarre. The particular species involved occur in a dry wash that floods during a storm. Hatching occurs within a matter of hours. Two types of tadpoles hatch. A smaller type feeds on organic particles and the larger tadpole feeds on the smaller tadpoles. Only the larger ones survive, develop into adults, mate and lay eggs. The wash dries up and the eggs are dormant until the next rain Occasionally the water may not last until the life history is complete. Again the eggs are most likely spread by birds that visit the area to feed on the frogs

Biology

Walter Hintz