Biology/The taste of blood

I am writing a novel that includes a scene about blood. My question is, does blood of different people taste differently? Do the structure and the group influence the taste anyhow? If so, then how? And due to what the taste changes?
Thank you very very much!

HI Rasa
The taste of blood would be determined by the blood chemistry and in individuals with normal blood there would be no difference. All human blood is the same except for changes in blood proteins and these will not affect taste. I cannot prove this because it cannot be tested. Any experiment to test it would lack controls. I mentioned normality and if blood chemistry were to change, for example the blood glucose level, perhaps it could be detected.
 If your novel is fiction and you want to use this supposition you certainly can do so.

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association