Biology/regarding milk

How is milk produced in females in humans? Is it produced from blood? I read that before milk production, the blood gets mixed with the excretion and milk is produced from the mixture, is that true? Is the way that the milk is produced is different in animals than in humans?

Please clarify."

Hi Amtry
All mammals produce milk with special glands (Mammary Glands). The production is under hormonal control. The milk is not mixed with blood. Blood is connective tissue. The function of the blood is to carry nutrients to the mammary glands and remove waste materials. There is some difference in the chemistry of the milk with different animals but it is all produced the same way

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association