may i know the similarities between the nuclear, solar, hydro thermal and geothermal energy? its so confusing.
thank you so much

Geothermal runs 24/7, whereas solar can only work during the day (though there are some pretty good ways of storing the energy at night.) Geothermal, however, cannot be done anywhere and is mostly limited to countries with a lot of volcanic activity, such as Iceland.

Hydro is 24/7, but again it can only be done where the conditions are right. Most cities do not have giant, damable rivers near them.

All of them, however, have the great similarity that they do not contribute to global warming, and are infinitely renewable.

Solar and hydro electricity both come from renewable sources but that may be the only similarity. Solar electricity is converted from heat/radiation of solar energy and hydro electricity is generated from kinetic energy of water moving the turbines/generators.
go to following site​geothermal.htm   

hope this helps,if so feel free to rate me,feel free to ask any biology homework,etc,here to help anytime,good luck

I can answer questions relating to general biology, cell biology, human physiology, biochemistry,molecular biology,questions on cells, their organelles, membranes,botany, anatomy,physiology, human physiology;organelles, membranes and host-pathogen interaction also homework help

Over 12 years working in the health care; Cell Biology, Molecular Biology

Carolina Medical

PHD and Nursing

Carolina Medical