Hello ,

I was wondering if you could answer the following question:
How do the cell organelles (apart from the nucleus and mitochondria) found in a human form? Does the nuclear DNA encode for the formation of these organelles (eg Golgi apparatus, Microtubules, cilia etc) in an individual?
Thanking you in advance for your time and help!
Kind regards,

Hi charlotte
There are different ways in which organelles form. They may form from scratch under control of the genetic code in which the template (mRNA) of the original organelle   is used or they may be formed during cell division in which the organelle divides during the formation of the daughter cells.

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association