Biology/blood types

Question
what blood types do a- take and why? Why cant it take the other blood types

Answer
 First I have to give you a little background information. Human blood contains proteins. Two of them have been the designation of A and B proteins and they are inherited. Everyone either has Type A,B AB or O. If you are type AB you have both proteins and if Type O you have neither. Now a foreign protein is rejected by the body so if you need blood you cannot take a type you do not have so if you have Type A you can only take Type A or O . You can take O because O is not a protein. B can take B or O and AB can take all types

Biology

Walter Hintz